• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow so the game is going f2p once is released?

Now I probably wont buy this. I was looking forward for something new to play this weekend... but if its going f2p then I doubt Ill buy in now.

Yes but if you pay now you get extra stuff that some how doesn't help you.

Ricker

An early access game that has been out for literally 24 hours.

I can understand the fuss over a full game with this. But an early access game? Fucking nerds, man. Submit your feedback, read the dev's plans for changing it, and play the game. Otherwise, get your refund now while you can.

Exactly...its like some people have no idea what a pre-alpha early access entails...and it's been like a day,jesus christ.

Sevenfold

Day fucking one. the internet is embarrassing sometimes. The game even offers modes without airdrops at all but no, also learned today that Reddit is packed to the rafters with idiots, was totally unaware of the scale. Crazy day. H1z1 was loads of fun earlier in an incredibly janky way!

jpax

Again, you're making it sound like a paypal exchange where you pay and then you go to your mailbox in-game and pick out your gun.

It is pretty obvious they want airdrops to be sources of conflict and player encounters. They are making changes specifically to increase the likelihood that a lot of players will converge on the airdrops.

Did you actually play the game and use it? We had a gaffer tell us about how he stole an airdrop and kill the airdrop owner and several other people.

Airdrop can be pay2win. Airdrop can be pay2lose.

Guys, first I do not say it is a bad game, if you enjoy it, great. Second I have not played the game but I am very interested in it, but I am cautious.
But it is simple. Does spending money influence the game in any way? Answer yes. You spend money and get drops. Does the spent money give an advantage? Answer yes. You get guns and ammo in an survival game.
If you spend more money you get more drops. It does not matter if another player can steal the loot. Than you simply paid 2 win for him. You have more money? Great, just keep em dropping and surely you get your loot.
The question is as stated above does spending money influence the game in a positive way? O
If the answer is yes it is p2w.

Guys, first I do not say it is a bad game, if you enjoy it, great. Second I have not played the game but I an very interested in it, but I am cautious.
But it is simple. Does spending money influence the game in any way? Answer yes. You spend money and get drops. Does the spent money give an advantage? Answer yes. You get guns and ammo in an survival game.
If you spend more money you hey more drops. It does not matter if another player can steal the loot. Than you simply paid 2 win for him. You have more money? Great, just keep em dropping and surely you get your loot.
The question is as stated above does spending money influence the game in a positive way? Of the answer is yes it is p2w.

You paid for him to win... uh okay bro. Nice spin.

Damn I feel conflicted, been out of the zombie mmo/survival game for a long while and really looking to scratch that itch. Watching Lirik's stream of playing battle royale makes it tempting to get as I don't have Arma 3, plus this is a lot cheaper. Then again, server jank, more stability issues currently. What do gaf, what do?

Etnos

Banned
Damn I feel conflicted, been out of the zombie mmo/survival game for a long while and really looking to scratch that itch. Watching Lirik's stream of playing battle royale makes it tempting to get as I don't have Arma 3, plus this is a lot cheaper. Then again, server jank, more stability issues currently. What do gaf, what do?

IMO Arma 3 is a better buy than both DayZ SA and h1z1. A3 looks awesome with a good vid card, ballistics are top notch, there is dept to the combat, and Battle Royale is just one of many awesome mods there are to play for ACTUAL free.

DrBo42

I think it's fun at its base stat and it's only going to get better so *shrug*. Unlike DayZ this is built on a decent engine and SoE will update it.

IMO Arma 3 is a better buy than both DayZ SA and h1z1. A3 looks awesome with a good vid card, ballistics are top notch, there is dept to the combat, and Battle Royale is just one of many awesome mods there are to play for ACTUAL free.

This is true. Can't go wrong buying A3.

Turkoop

Banned

you can not compare both, A3 is too complex for me, played few hours h1z1 and i liked it

Gonna add this to the OP as it's probably the best way to follow devs.

Devtracker

[H1Z1 Update] Estimated time for servers to come back up will be 4:30PM PST or before. We will notify you the moment they come back online.

I'm enjoying it shrugs

Etnos

Banned
Life is p2w. Get over it. Get a better job if you want better stuff. H1Z1 is no different. Play something else if you can't afford it.

Not sure if you can see the irony of your very own post... I sort of did, that is why buy fully made games, because I can afford them. No need to spend time in free2play shovelware. Also that deep paralellism between pay2w life and videogames... brilliant I guess.

you can not compare both, A3 is too complex for me, played few hours h1z1 and i liked it

A3 has a learning curve (as like anything meaningful in this life) but is a very rewarding experience once you get it.

SDCowboy

Go to your account details section on Steam. The select strore transactions.

You will see H1Z1 there and it should have the refund option next to it. The refund will go into your Steam wallet though.

lol what? I hate when places consider that a refund.

The cost of H1Z1 is a gate for serious alpha testers to contribute to the game with bug testing. It will be free afterwards.

You will be better off with Arma3, but I don't remember if there are zombie mods, is there?

Guys, first I do not say it is a bad game, if you enjoy it, great. Second I have not played the game but I am very interested in it, but I am cautious.
If you spend more money you get more drops. It does not matter if another player can steal the loot. Than you simply paid 2 win for him. You have more money? Great, just keep em dropping and surely you get your loot.
The question is as stated above does spending money influence the game in a positive way? O
That's not what pay to win is.

facepalm.gif
Microtransactions in an alpha game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5r0t8HHoWk

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Or maybe he believes it's better for everyone if certain people were given the chance to leave.

Oh ok, kinda contradicts his "please note we are NOT doing this through Steam. We're doing it ourselves."

Initially it wasn't through Steam, SOE was handling it themselves, but they later changed it.

IMACOMPUTA

The dumbest explanation yet.

Rust had air drops once a certain amount of people are on the server. LogIn2Win confirmed.
By you logging in, you're contributing to the total amount of players on the server. Someone is getting that airdrop. So, you login2win for someone else.

This shit is fucking absurd.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Rust had air drops once a certain amount of people are on the server. LogIn2Win confirmed.
By you logging in, you're contributing to the total amount of players on the server. Someone is getting that airdrop. So, you login2win for someone else.

Did you read your post?

Chabbles

This is pay2win with a twist. Guns are being payed for and a player in the world will benefit from it. No matter which way its spun, theres an element of pay2win. People are probably getting upset since from the reveal last year when this got alot of attention they were pretty clear and to the point it being only cosmetics. Alot of people would of put then put that to the back of their mind and just assume no MT's for guns, but at some point (in august?) when people were paying attention to other games, they slip in with the new info and nobody notices, until now.

jpax

Even the Dev acknowledges it is p2w...

https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comme...s_asked_refund_policy/cnr4mwd?sort=confidence

I think that settles it. Hope they change it for the better! I really wanna play that game.

Well...

I think spending money on triggering airdrops is a lame way to add microtransactions to the game, but they certainly aren't P2W. I wish they were implemented more like they are in Rust. Skins are a perfectly fine way to charge extra in-game. I know it's alpha and this is a learning process for the devs, and I'm certain the airdrop system will change sooner than later.

EDIT: Studios should take notice of John Smedley's constant communication through Twitter. I have complete faith in that man and that studio; it's clear that they care about their customers.

antonz

Did you read your post?

Free crates that drop are just as problematic in concept as pay to drop ones. Materials that are intended to be rare are made much less rare when they fall from the sky paid or not.

Crates in Rust absolutely destroyed much of the fun because suddenly you have gangs running around farming the crates and what was intended to be rare like C4 suddenly they have overflowing vaults of and they have it all since they travel in roving armies.

So trying to build a house? good luck here comes the C4 Army assholes.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
the people in this thread is making my brain hurt.
I just don't get it. People complaining, you don't have to buy nor play the game.
He even said if you didn't like the game you can get a refund.

Top Bottom