• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

neonille

Why is this game so popular? It looks like another day z/war z copy...am i missing something here???

So im guessing if you wanna make a quick buck just make a cheap awful warz copy and your good??? right?? Because it doesn't look like people are ever going to learn...

Why is this game so popular? It looks like another day z/war z copy...am i missing something here???

So im guessing if you wanna make a quick buck just make a cheap awful warz copy and your good??? right?? Because it doesn't look like people are ever going to learn...

WarZ was a cheap knockoff of DayZ.

This is obviously a DayZ clone but with an engine that DayZ will likely never match (until maybe they get their "new rebuilt" engine done). DayZ is janky as fuck.

Soi-Fong

WarZ was a ripoff and DayZ is still broken as all hell with an engine that is broken as all hell. SOE has a legitimate chance of making a good zombie MMO survival game.

RulkezX

Because the genre finally has a well funded proper developer making a game.

Somnia

It's the potential this game has over those as it's an actual MMO, not just a bunch of player ran servers for 1.

Also because of the plans they have for city building, etc. also having a large company with a great engine work on this who have a history with a lot of online games give's a lot of faith in what we'll get. there's more to it but ya.

It's nice to see how fast they are getting stuff done. That looks like a great update. I was interested to see if they were going to just can the airdrops and think of something else due to the reactions. I'm a bit surprised they are still pushing for it.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Are you trying to be funny or something? Why do driveby posts like this? It gets you nothing but a chance at being banned.

aAP3q0I.png

pointless tweet but heh.

Glad SOE is fixing the air drops so quickly- games only been out for a day... the whole thing was way overblown. They have always been an open/friendly dev with Planetside 2. Im not saying Planetside 2 is perfect, but as far as devs talking to the community there probably is no other doing a better job of it than SOE.

SDCowboy

I've gotta say I expected more from SOE, even for early access. It's almost impossible to even get into a server because the queue is screwed up, the game constantly closes itself, and if I can even get into a server, I can only play for a minute or two without getting DC'd. And when that happens, I have to ctrl+alt+delete out because the log out button doesn't do anything.

kcxiv

I've gotta say I expected more from SOE, even for early access. It's almost impossible to even get into a server because the queue is screwed up, the game constantly closes itself, and if I can even get into a server, I can only play for a minute or two without getting DC'd. And when that happens, I have to ctrl+alt+delete out because the log out button doesn't do anything.

Thats all part of the process. they are see'ing what happens when 50,000 people try to join at once on 200 servers or whatever the number is. There is no way to figure that out until something like this.

SDCowboy

Well I got into a server for a few minutes and was laying into some fools with a hatchet I made. So far the game is actually really fun!...when it works. haha

Have you ever been a part of an MMO launch?

Klyka

Banned
Glad SOE is fixing the air drops so quickly- games only been out for a day... the whole thing was way overblown. They have always been an open/friendly dev with Planetside 2. Im not saying Planetside 2 is perfect, but as far as devs talking to the community there probably is no other doing a better job of it than SOE.

I have had a lot of dev interaction with SOE because of Planetside 2 (I used to commentate on a tournament thing) and have never once had any problems. All of them were sometimes so helpful that we actually felt bad about asking them for so much.

From a purely personal point of view and just talking about the actual people involved, not the company personas, SOE is a fine bunch.

Chabbles

Man the server browser is so bad. I hope its up there on their list to of stuff to sort out.... No matter what server i try to join, whether it says low, med, high population, theres always a queue. And after trying to join 2 servers and backing out of each to try another, the join bottom becomes inactive and the game has to be rebooted, and then back to more queues.

SDCowboy

So does the queue work at all right now? I don't think I've been able to get in more than once if I had to wait in a queue. The queue tends to hang up on a number in line and then eventually just closes.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
There's a lot of people inexperienced in MMO launches here. This isn't shocking, and these loot issues are a big reason they are in Early Access as opposed to just straight up launching. Way too much drama for a game that's only been out for a day.

Remember when it was once a joke to say that someone had paid to alpha/beta test a game?

Now people are more than happy to do so.

It just boggles my damn mind...

Silly when you realize the they had for plans to make blueprints sellable on the steam market and had the same insane level of backlash because of it.

Remember when it was once a joke to say that someone had paid to alpha/beta test a game?

The thing is you don't have to and there are plenty of warnings from the devs themselves while doing so. I'm glad the option exist because I was that guy back in the day that signed up for every single closed beta i could and never got in. Now I can choose to support the game and get a spot.

WarZ was a cheap knockoff of DayZ.

This is obviously a DayZ clone but with an engine that DayZ will likely never match (until maybe they get their "new rebuilt" engine done). DayZ is janky as fuck.

yeah the engine is still janky as fuck on ARMA 3. its not going to get better unless they build one entirely from the ground up but that's not happening anytime soon.

MJLord

No they're not. They're miserable because they don't understand it doesn't mean getting the full game early.

Silly when you realize the they had for plans to make blueprints sellable on the steam market and had the same insane level of backlash because of it.

The thing is you don't have to and there are plenty of warnings from the devs themselves while doing so. I'm glad the option exist because I was that guy back in the day that signed up for every single closed beta i could and never got in. Now I can choose to support the game and get a spot.

really like the competition between all these games they all want to be king

really like the competition between all these games they all want to be king

Day Z has a janky ass engine.

Rust has horrible hit detection , lag , hackers and they can't seem to figure out how not to make servers shit themselves after a few days of everyone building massive structures.

H1Z1 so far is having launch pains. I need them to get these and server issues sorted before i can say how far along it is. I was getting pretty bad performance yesterday but they said it's because some servers had fps issues. I'm hoping that what it is.

Because of SOE, the size of their team and their proven engine H1Z1 seems like the one most likely to be able to pull it off one day. I have no horse in this race as I put 400 hours into Rust legacy and loved it but it's still far too early to tell who will be the better game at the end. I hope one day all three of these games reach a respectable 1.0 because it's a great genre with moments that none of the others can replicate.

So...does GAF have a specific server they hang around?
Solace though it's down at the moment. I won't choose a back up yet because which one goes down and stay up is pretty random. When things get better sorted I'm sure we will be able to jump on. For now it's basically play on whatever you can.

IMACOMPUTA

I said pay2win with a twist for a reason. You might end up paying for someone else to get the ingame advantage. Either way money is being exchanged for guns though. And honestly i haven't been ingame long enough to see one of these air drops go down, so i want to see how afew of them play out and how easily other people can get to and steal someones drop.
But you aren't paying2win. So it's not pay2win, pay2win with a twist, or anything like that. It's pay2getacrate.
It sounds like we're arguing semantics but it's a big difference, and it's unfair to call it p2w.

Top Bottom