• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

I don't see that happening as it would change the whole game (even though it would probably be in a good way). Most people who play on PVP servers play it as a PVP game, whereas PVE servers are more about the zombie survival and cooperation.

ah wait there is actual PvE servers? I really should look more into this game then a few pages in this thread.

That might be alright then, so you can't kill anyone but yourself on those servers correct?

SDCowboy

ah wait there is actual PvE servers? I really should look more into this game then a few pages in this thread.

That might be alright then, so you can't kill anyone but yourself on those servers correct?
Yes there are actual PVE servers. And yeah, you can't kill anyone. It's been a much truer "zombie survival" experience, IMO. You can focus on looting (well when there is actually loot anyway) and people will often help you out instead of dropping you on sight.

Completing living off the land now. (Animal traps are OP)

sGWSYt0.jpg

So... Do you get anything when you win these battle royals or events?
Airdrops and more event tickets I believe.

Yes there are actual PVE servers. And yeah, you can't kill anyone. It's been a much truer "zombie survival" experience, IMO. You can focus on looting (well when there is actually loot anyway) and people will often help you out instead of dropping you on sight.
That instantly makes it better than DayZ.

Sevenfold

Craft a bow and carry a few arrows. Bases aren't very strong yet and people can still run you over. Fire an arrow at a jeep's engine. A bow is the only weapon you can have within seconds of spawn.

So... Do you get anything when you win these battle royals or events?
I'd love to be able to answer that.

Can someone tell me if the loot and hunger/thirst are noticeably changed? I can't log in until this afternoon.

A little bit. Hydration seems to drop slower now but energy doesn't seem much changed to me. Loot is a little better but I'm still finding almost nothing in containers and most stuff out in plain sight.

Yeah I've been playing for a couple hours this morning and still am not find anything really (Solace btw). Only thing I found so far today is some antibiotics, a can of salmon, and an empty bottle lol. I've yet to ever find a gun in this game and I'm at around 18hrs played. Hunger/thirst doesn't seem much better either.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Yeah I've been playing for a couple hours this morning and still am not find anything really (Solace btw). Only thing I found so far today is some antibiotics, a can of salmon, and an empty bottle lol. I've yet to ever find a gun in this game and I'm at around 18hrs played. Hunger/thirst doesn't seem much better either.

That's funny because I found an ar15 some time ago. It it had no ammo. I didn't pulpit or because I didn't want no trouble lol.

Some dude killed me with a pistol when I was running away from him :(
On solace lol

sackninja

Can you draw a weapon on someone without an ammo as a threat? Because that would be quite cool. You'd be in trouble if they didn't back down and could lead to some tense moments.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Can you draw a weapon on someone without an ammo as a threat? Because that would be quite cool. You'd be in trouble if they didn't back down and could lead to some tense moments.

I know you can pull it out when it has no ammo if that's what you're asking

Xater

Today saw people on stream theorizing using gun sound effects to scare people away. Is there any indication when people use the voice feature that could give such a trick away?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377348461

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BeEatNU/screenshots/?appid=295110

This is what I came across!

Today saw people on stream theorizing using gun sound effects to scare people away. Is there any indication when people use the voice feature that could give such a trick away?

most definitely, when I hear gun shots. I tend to be weary and try to leave the area but not everyone is cautions like me lol
Some people may think a battle went off and people died and loot may still be there

Wallach

For sure. A little while ago some guy was like "do you have ammo for that? ... you don't have ammo for that", which I thought was funny. He left after I asked him if he wanted to find out for certain.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I highly doubt they'll improve the graphics at all.

You are very wrong, actually. Chars and animations are placeholder. Plus, they'll continue to improve the environment graphics, like they have been. The devs have showed pictures of them working on all of that stuff.

Hellers

I'm sick of never being able to get away from people. I was out in the arse end of nowhere. I had just gathered enough stuff to make a shack. I put it all on the ground ready to craft and out of nowhere another guy runs up and starts taking stuff and then just sits down. Presumably waiting for me to drop something else.

I suppose I should count myself lucky I was on a PvE server since the first thing he did on arriving was put some arrows in me.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

I'm sick of never being able to get away from people. I was out in the arse end of nowhere. I had just gathered enough stuff to make a shack. I put it all on the ground ready to craft and out of nowhere another guy runs up and starts taking stuff and then just sits down. Presumably waiting for me to drop something else.

I suppose I should count myself lucky I was on a PvE server since the first thing he did on arriving was put some arrows in me.

and this is why I like PVP, I give a warning if you are just running up on me.
If I warned you and you still come and we didnt talk it out, you will get killed lol

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
People are sayin on streams that this game is more polished and ready for release that dayz. Is that true? Lol

CryptiK

People are sayin on streams that this game is more polished and ready for release that dayz. Is that true? Lol
Ready for release? No. More Polished than DayZ? Yes.

I haven't crashed once, my frame rate is stable, I haven't died to a glitch or a door and its been really fun.

Game is miles ahead of DayZ.

I just hope we getting a constant flow of content updates to keep the train rolling.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
For people who are saying that the "graphics don't get better" and "the engine sucks" this is Planetside 2 running on the same (actually a slightly OLDER version) of the same engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPGIoVOqD4

And this for normal gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYNzn8PTl8
Just saying using the same engine as a graphically pretty game does not=automatically gonna be a pretty game. It's all about how the dev uses the engine at their disposal and the assets. For example, Sonic Boom is a cry-engine game but doesn't look anywhere near as good as a crysis title or many other games at the time of it's release.

Klyka

Banned
Just saying using the same engine as a graphically pretty game does not=automatically gonna be a pretty game. It's all about how the dev uses the engine at their disposal and the assets. For example, Sonic Boom is a cry-engine game but doesn't look anywhere near as good as a crysis title or many other games at the time of it's release.

It's the same developer using their own engine for their own game.

All I am showing with this is that the engine works and they can do it.

CryptiK

Is the dev team for this still ridiculously small? I remember it was roughly 3 people for a majority of the development. I really hope they increase it get some resources specificly for the map design because its not amazing at the moment.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Is the dev team for this still ridiculously small? I remember it was roughly 3 people for a majority of the development. I really hope they increase it get some resources specificly for the map design because its not amazing at the moment.

obviously :/

It's an alpha, what do people not get about alphas?

Klyka

Banned
Can someone tell me how the P2W stuff works before I buy the game.

There is no pay to win stuff.

If you buy the big package you get 3 airdrop tickets (which you can buy one for 5$ too).
Those when used on a server with more than 120 people in it will spawn a huge plane that very slowly and very loudly flies across the map and drop a crate slowly falling to the ground on a parachute that has supplies in it which will land up to 750m away from where you called it.
There is a 10% chance that the crate could have either a bundle with a shotgun and 10 shots or with a pistol with 12 shots in it.
The entire rest is just supplies from farming stuff,to medic stuff to food.

Everyone on the server can see this plane and go for the crate and pick it up. There are also always at least 5+ zombies around the crate.

It's not pay to win, it's "pay to create a fight over supplies that the guy who paid for will usually not even get close to"

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's the same developer using their own engine for their own game.

All I am showing with this is that the engine works and they can do it.
Yes but alpha to beta to the final product in a game like this hasn't really shown to result in a massive graphical improvement. Remains to be seen.

sackninja

Can someone tell me how the P2W stuff works before I buy the game.

It doesn't. You can pay to get an airdrop, but it takes ages to land and any player can get it. It's not even always that good. For more info.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sopo9/update_about_airdrops_and_my_personal_apology/

Edit: Also they detailed the patch they are working on for monday.
1) Floating Arrows - yeah they are annoying as heck. 2) Further analysis and improvements for server frame rate 3) Buffing shelter doors. 4) Sorting servers by population 5) Properly refreshing server list. (also thinking about a button for it)

This is meant to be kind of a starter list. The team is off today. The game is stable and the team needs a breather. Tomorrow is a holiday for SOE but we're going to be in here anyways because we want to address these issues. Please add any immediate fix stuff here and we'll try and get it in. Again, your help with self policing threads and getting a positive community going is requested. We're only trying to focus on the stuff we all feel is important. Please help us with focusing on what we need to.

Hellers

Got my camp built. Near water. Plenty of resources. Animal traps going. Next job is to take a trip into a town and see if I can find one of these mythical crowbars people seem to think rain from the sky like manna from heaven.

I've played 16 hours so far according to steam and I've had 1 single metal scrap drop and didn't even know crowbars existed.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Got my camp built. Near water. Plenty of resources. Animal traps going. Next job is to take a trip into a town and see if I can find one of these mythical crowbars people seem to think rain from the sky like manna from heaven.

I've played 16 hours so far according to steam and I've had 1 single metal scrap drop and didn't even know crowbars existed.

funny I just found a crowbar and plan on breaking shit with it lol

Jams775

Same. Not a single fucking piece of scrap metal nor did I ever find the mythical crowbar. Pretty sure there's no such thing!

Did find the toxic waste plant with like a million MRE's and fresh water. USELESS THOUGH WITHOUT SCRAP METAL!!!! This game relies way too much on it. They need to add flint knapping or something.

Hellers

As soon as I get logged in I'm going to head out to Cranberry to see if I can find either some scrap metal or the mythical crowbar. Apparently crowbars like to spawn in office buildings. I have plenty of food and water so it should be ok.

At the moment too much of progress requires you to luck out and find an axe. To advance beyond a basic shack you need metal. That's the bit they need to balance next.

Here's how I plan on starting my next character when the new EU servers open.

1. Find water bottles. This is essential.
2. Don't tear up my shirt for cloth. The carrying capacity is far more important to me
3. Farm zombies instead. Eventually I'll have either enough cloth to make a satchel or one of them will drop a backpack.
4. Now craft a bow.
5. While I'm doing all this I'll hopefully have found an axe.
6. Find a spot near water and other resources to build a camp.

I'm hoping they tweak the loot more. There's a massive lack of it inside containers to the point where for most of them it's actually pointless wasting time searching them.

Also why is it always night when I log in :)

One thing I noticed while I was building my camp earlier is that doing stuff around it (Chopping trees, checking my traps etc) causes zombies to spawn. Which was nice. Gave me something else to do and some extra cloth.

Top Bottom