• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Etnos

Banned
maybe you have bad luck? lol

I found an AR 15 with no ammo then a shotgun THEN ammo for the shot gun and that was in between deaths

I thought so, but it is a common complain, plus weapons is the least of my problems finding food is harder than dayz (which is saying something). I'm giving the devs the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just didn't balance loot properly... but.. Free2play man, free2toplay

TheYanger

Finding food isn't that bad. A) just go on berry runs when you're freshly starting. B) wildlife cooked gives a TON of food. C) Break boxes in truck stops. You can find lots of cans of beans and stuff.

Tobor

Finding food isn't that bad. A) just go on berry runs when you're freshly starting. B) wildlife cooked gives a TON of food. C) Break boxes in truck stops. You can find lots of cans of beans and stuff.

/slaps forehead

I had no idea all this time.

HowZatOZ

Banned
My theory with the vast open land is that the devs want players to spread out and create bases in those open areas. Once you've setup your base you'll use that as your operations and head into the town on scouting or gear runs.

It creates this atmosphere that player bases are permanent structures that you may stumble in, and you won't be sure what is inside it. Basically like Rust.

Yes, there is a green dot next to whatever server you had your character on. So before you choose what server you'll go in look for the green dot it's a indication of your character on that particular server.

Alright thanks. Maybe it was the server I was on but it seemed like I was getting dehydrated and starving way faster than before. Also apparently they took out rain? Now seeing straight white lines as rain occasionally.

Had a Last of Us moment.
I was scavenging for supplies in the city, its called something valley.
Im crouching and slowly on the move, while i hear a cop car driving on and of.
Was so scared, moving hearing the car and hiding and moving again.
Then i ran for the hills and i hear the car chasing me.
Didnt look back and just ran, after a while i didnt hear anything, probably gave up or crashed his car.

But some people even on Solace are aholes, one guy walked by and i held my hands up.
He did nothing and i moved on and he shot me in my back with a bow.

And got gangbanged by 3 guys while looting.
Did nothing to offend them even said hi, it was KoS.

I also found an empty syringe, i used it to draw infected blood from a zombie.
Dont now what it does ?

Klyka

Banned
Alright I'm done for now. I didn't find one stinkin' item today other than a pipe. And the energy still drains stupid fast. So far this is still little more than a berry eating simulator. It's ridiculous. I logged out in the police station though so maybe there will be some gear tomorrow.

I have no idea which game you are playing but if you found one pipe all day then it can't be this one.

I also haven't eaten berries in ages since I set up my nice little base next to a little lake with animal traps all around :) I am eating quite well.

Let's see, things I found today:

Tons of bottles, 10+ motorcycle helmets, lots of clothing items in general. the usual endless respawning crowbars/axes/hammers in the big garages, an AR15, 3 handguns, 2 driveable cars, 7+ cans of food, some tarp, syringes for zombie blood.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Alright I'm done for now. I didn't find one stinkin' item today other than a pipe. And the energy still drains stupid fast. So far this is still little more than a berry eating simulator. It's ridiculous. I logged out in the police station though so maybe there will be some gear tomorrow.

You've had some bad luck. I have played around 10 hours, and rarely have issues finding items. I honestly feel like you're missing something. You shouldn't have to worry about only eating berries unless right after spawning.

Updated the second post with community info.

Added Cold Blooded as a hardcore server. It's fps only,headshot only, full wipe upon death.

If any EU players are around and can suggest some servers let me know. Probabaly will hold off on this till next week when they put more up.

SDCowboy

You've had some bad luck. I have played around 10 hours, and rarely have issues finding items. I honestly feel like you're missing something. You shouldn't have to worry about only eating berries unless right after spawning.

I'm going into building after building, searching car after car, cabinet after cabinet. Nothing.

Iadien

I'm going into building after building, searching car after car, cabinet after cabinet. Nothing.

What has worked best for me so far is searching the little campsites and things outside of towns for visible items on tables, etc., when first starting out. I tend to stay out of towns and houses, especially if I see people leaving an area. I just assume it was picked clean and go elsewhere.

Teknoman

Can someone pm me the team speak password?

Also team speak and proximity can work at the same time right? Just different push to talk keys?

SDCowboy

What has worked best for me so far is searching the little campsites and things outside of towns for visible items on tables, etc., when first starting out. I tend to stay out of towns and houses, especially if I see people leaving an area. I just assume it was picked clean and go elsewhere.

Is there a button, by chance, that highlights the items not in stuff? Or a button that searches all cabinets in a cluster?

JesseZao

I've also found the "Proximity Items' window when you hit tab to be helpful in finding out if a room/house has anything in it.

It's not a super wide radius, but it'll make it more efficient to search areas with lots of little cabinets or drawers.

SDCowboy

I've also found the "Proximity Items' window when you hit tab to be helpful in finding out if a room/house has anything in it.

It's not a super wide radius, but it'll make it more efficient to search areas with lots of little cabinets or drawers.

So do you just hit tab in a given area, or do you have to wait until you've searched one cabinet or something?

Iadien

Is there a button, by chance, that highlights the items not in stuff? Or a button that searches all cabinets in a cluster?

Right now it is difficult to see visible items, SOE needs to make that easier, for sure. Press tab every now and then to find items within proximity.

wrongway

I've gotta take back what i said last night and echo the lack of loot experience. I found plenty last night after the update, but I guess that was just due to it resetting things. Playing right now, I can't find squat. After about an hour I came up with two water bottles. No tools, canned food, or anything else. The only way I can gear up at the moment is to luck into someone who has something and murder them. :p

I've gotta take back what i said last night and echo the lack of loot experience. I found plenty last night after the update, but I guess that was just due to it resetting things. Playing right now, I can't find squat. After about an hour I came up with two water bottles. No tools, canned food, or anything else. The only way I can gear up at the moment is to luck into someone who has something and murder them. :p

Same here. Was just playing for a couple hours and found nothing at all.

psn

I found so many items, I need a second backpack. I found 2x sniper rifles, 2x m1911 with ammo, multiple hammers, knifes, axes, machetes, helmets, battery and turbocharger for a car, a basic backpack (1000) but i already had a framed one (1200). All within two hours.
A bow is so easy to make and zombies are not a real problem as soon as you have one. Go hunting and you have no problem with food.

Sevenfold

There's a whole bunch of people inside everywhere. I think I'm going to try PVE for a bit, you can't lone wolf in PVP.

I think as soon as you get something sharp you can. You can get well past the out of bounds signs before dying (at least where I tried it) and there are a couple of nice 'bowls' up in the mountains that are crying out for a summit retreat. Risky runs to nearby towns may be needed at points but I reckon you could getr a pretty solid base up there and if you're careful, keep it from all the other players, all the better on a pvp server.

Redmoon

Are player/character names global? I made up some random name which was available on like 10 servers, used it on one, then got not available for the others.

wrongway

Oh god, this is what I get for killing someone for their loot. I logged out for a break and to grab a bite, and now I logged in and immediately fell through the world. rip in pieces, leather outback hat.

Are player/character names global? I made up some random name which was available on like 10 servers, used it on one, then got not available for the others.

Yeah, names are global atm. I think there was a tweet that said they'll make them server-unique instead though.

Redmoon

Oh god, this is what I get for killing someone for their loot. I logged out for a break and to grab a bite, and now I logged in and immediately fell through the world. rip in pieces, leather outback hat.

Yeah, names are global atm. I think there was a tweet that said they'll make them server-unique instead though.
Ak ok. Hope they do go server side, I'm running out of name ideas..

Guess it doesn't affect private servers however, cause I had no issue with my name on the one I'm white-listed on, which was already taken on public's.

Tobor

I think as soon as you get something sharp you can. You can get well past the out of bounds signs before dying (at least where I tried it) and there are a couple of nice 'bowls' up in the mountains that are crying out for a summit retreat. Risky runs to nearby towns may be needed at points but I reckon you could getr a pretty solid base up there and if you're careful, keep it from all the other players, all the better on a pvp server.

You're probably right. That last run I didn't have a knife or ax, and it was brutal, even though I had a shotgun.

Top Bottom