• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Impressive! Was that a pain to script? I think I remember you talking about using script brains to coordinate set pieces.

I have about three Script Brains set up: one for fast interactions (two 1.80 second intervals for a total of 3.60), one for "normal" interactions (five 2.40 second intervals for a total of 12 seconds - the ivory tower lifts use this method), and one for long interactions (two 6.40 second intervals for a total of 12.80). The Mass Driver is scripted such that Kilo (interval 2 of the long interaction brain) triggers a bunch of explosives to immediately blow up, rotates the cylinder quickly and sends back the "hammer" quickly, in addition to spawning extra smoke. On Juliet (interval 1 of the long interaction brain) the cylinder and hammer slowly wind back up, the extra smoke despawns, and the explosives respawn.

tl;dr SCRIPT BRAINS, BITCH

groups seem to be working completely fine now. i still had a few hiccups earlier but the last few times i've rebooted my map, my groups have not all been stuck together.

nillapuddin

hey, psss, look at deez

5HZWWycl.png

v3LA4Hul.png

UEZIeSxl.png

this is not an official declaration or anything, but my latest project is finished, the coming out party will probably be this weekend (lots of playtesting, forgehub postings, etc) but if you happen to come across my files.. take a look

thanks to centurion and nok for late night piece consolidation

NOKYARD

hey, psss, look at deez

5HZWWycl.png

v3LA4Hul.png

UEZIeSxl.png

this is not an official declaration or anything, but my latest project is finished, the coming out party will probably be this weekend (lots of playtesting, forgehub postings, etc) but if you happen to come across my files.. take a look

Did you check out the new Ring pieces?

Frederik

Banned
hey, psss, look at deez

5HZWWycl.png

v3LA4Hul.png

UEZIeSxl.png

Glad to see you're using toned down colors this time around. :)

Glass

Are you able to view forged custom maps in theatre yet? I want to play a game of duck hunt then head into theatre for some footage for a video.

When's the next forge testing/fragfest? I wanna help test your maps and try out other finished maps. Halo 5's community is making maps that make me interested in playing lol

NOKYARD

When's the next forge testing/fragfest? I wanna help test your maps and try out other finished maps. Halo 5's community is making maps that make me interested in playing lol

Not from me until Saturday at the earliest, unfortunately.

My internet connection is suffering from 46% packet loss so i keep getting kicked out of game. It took 5 tries to successfully update a forge map.

Not from me until Saturday at the earliest, unfortunately.

My internet connection is suffering from 46% packet loss so i keep getting kicked out of game. It took 5 tries to successfully update a forge map.

No problem mate. Sorry to hear that--very frustrating.

I have a map that I'm working on, but I'm new to these spawns so hopefully I can figure those out.

Has anyone else been getting a bug in Forge lately where the session "locks up" in the same way some customs will? If I exit Monitor mode I can't go back into it, can't save, lighting explodes, and if I wait long enough the game crashes. Doesn't seem to actually lose me any data, mind you, but it seems odd that it's just now starting to happen.

Karl2177

Has anyone else been getting a bug in Forge lately where the session "locks up" in the same way some customs will? If I exit Monitor mode I can't go back into it, can't save, lighting explodes, and if I wait long enough the game crashes. Doesn't seem to actually lose me any data, mind you, but it seems odd that it's just now starting to happen.
Not sure what the lock up in customs is, but it sounds similar to when almost all my meters were near full.

Not sure what the lock up in customs is, but it sounds similar to when almost all my meters were near full.

The lockup in customs is somewhat similar, where "time freezes" and everyone's temporarily ejected into their own instance of the server, all the other players are stuck / running into walls, your grenades never deplete, counter stops, etc.

I'm in the middle of optimizing my map (which was at the 1024 limit) but it was the only maxed out meter - even lightmap was at like 96% - so that might be it.

EDIT: the 240 scripts probably don't help, either.

The lockup in customs is somewhat similar, where "time freezes" and everyone's temporarily ejected into their own instance of the server, all the other players are stuck / running into walls, your grenades never deplete, counter stops, etc.

I'm in the middle of optimizing my map (which was at the 1024 limit) but it was the only maxed out meter - even lightmap was at like 96% - so that might be it.

EDIT: the 240 scripts probably don't help, either.

Lol @ script count.

I forged for 8 hours last night and didn't encounter the issue you described. Had a server shutdown, but luckily I save constantly.

Fivewinder first version is done!

Finally posted my H1 Sidewinder remake on Forgehub. Full description can be found there but the general idea is that it's H1 Sidewinder with some new ideas and some Avalanche influence. Primarily built for BTB team CTF.

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/fivewinder.1453/
Picture Album
A few clips thrown together for a tour.

There's more I want to do and I'm not certain everything is working as I want it to, but I've just got to stop spending time on it! It's eating up all the time I'm supposed to be spending on other things.

I should be on tomorrow night. :)

Just finished tweaking my Archive map based on feedback. Looks super clean now. :)

Please put your pics in quotes so that they dont dominate the page fullscreen haha.

Besides that, I really like your aesthetics and color choices!

singhr1

I should be on tomorrow night. :)

Just finished tweaking my Archive map based on feedback. Looks super clean now. :)

Woah Sik, looks like a high end mansion now... with tile and everything! How much of the play is on the outside? Obviously that railgun is going to be contested for

Please put your pics in quotes so that they dont dominate the page fullscreen haha.

Besides that, I really like your aesthetics and color choices!

Ah, so that's how you do that.

Woah Sik, looks like a high end mansion now... with tile and everything! How much of the play is on the outside? Obviously that railgun is going to be contested for

I've swapped it for a Plasma Caster. For some reason, the weapon pad kept ignoring the timer and spawned way too often, despite being set at 120 seconds.

nillapuddin

yeah, i still dont have the heart to fix my longshore

im going to have to move the entire map because of those glitched warthogs, and i am having a hard time finding the motivation..

sigh, tmrw I will try again so it can be ready for everyone this weekend

between "launching" longshore and rats nest projects, i have alot of
boring
work to do

@homeboy, i actually was gunna make a secret sneak peek vid just for you, but i did 3 takes and i either missed a normal jump and looked stupid, or took waaaay too long for a 'sneak peek' on all 3 and i was already reeling from the warthog BS

Top Bottom