• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Computron

For those interested, the Glacier canvas (or the sunrise variant, at least - not sure if it varies for alternate skyboxes) renders its lighting cubemap at approximate coordinates of:

X: 48.10
Y: 74.90
Z: 224.10

It's not cut-and-dry at the exact 0 coordinate the same way Parallax is.

Any word from Tom French on those lighting updates he wrote about?

I haven't played/followed this game since last year.

So, weird problem I'm having now: like I mentioned above, I have a map using the cubemap render glitch with a multicolored box surrounding its central coordinate, and a light shoved inside the space to illuminate the coloration. It works fine in forge, but no matter what I do in customs all of the walls just show up pitch-black and the map comes out insanely dark as a result. I have a static and a dynamic light in the cubemap space just to be safe, but nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: is it because invisible lights have no effect on the cubemap, thus not illuminating the tiles? If so, how have other people handled it?

nillapuddin

Nok you didnt use the ceiling with the upturned cylinders!?

I thought that was my greatest creation!

Was it an object count thing? Im sure nobody will care, and the discs fill in nicely

but I will always know what could have been (looks to the sky)

NOKYARD

Is Deadlock getting updated on the Hammer Storm update NOK?
I hope so. They did add the map to the The343Favorites file share so you know they have it.
Nok you didnt use the ceiling with the upturned cylinders!?

I thought that was my greatest creation!

Was it an object count thing? Im sure nobody will care, and the discs fill in nicely

but I will always know what could have been (looks to the sky)
Yeah i got too close to the cap so i scaled back. I might add them back in for the bases on the 25 version.

nillapuddin

I hope so. They did add the map to the The343Favorites file share so you know they have it.

Yeah i got too close to the cap so i scaled back. I might add them back in for the bases on the 25 version.

just read my comment and realized i meant to say trapezoids

but I figure you knew what I meant lol

Did you try not using invisilights?

Also, The343Favorites added me as a friend so that's a good sign.

Using visilights fixed it. Holy hell does the map look better when you can actually see it. Such clarity, much color theory etc etc

EDIT: anyone up for testing tonight?

nillapuddin

I am. After the HWC.

5TWRUek.jpg
lol

NOKYARD

That's the old map which should have been replaced weeks ago.

[edit] I believe that piece was one of the block/floors which were the incorrect size. When they replaced it with the new piece each map which contained the piece would have been automatically updated to the new dimensions.

So the new update is probably hitting some time this week. Anyone wanna do some guesses about the new Forge stuff?

I'm hoping for trigger zones but I have a feeling that we're not getting those anytime soon.

Karl2177

So the new update is probably hitting some time this week. Anyone wanna do some guesses about the new Forge stuff?

I'm hoping for trigger zones but I have a feeling that we're not getting those anytime soon.

Fixes for the other 32x32x* boxes. Maybe fixes to the 2x2x* boxes as well.

EDIT: And the obvious ball/Assault points.

I'm really hoping for general light fixes, trying to light something at nighttime on Glacier is infuriating. That and more Covenant themed props/items would be nice.

I'm really hoping for general light fixes, trying to light something at nighttime on Glacier is infuriating. That and more Covenant themed props/items would be nice.

Even though you can technically move your entire map elsewhere (albeit at the cost of slightly off-mcgriddling every object), it'd be nice to somehow allow us to move the canvas itself, or at least offer more lighting / fog positioning options beyond intensity and cloud shadows. Something like a Gephyrophobia map could benefit from only having fog at the bottom, etc. I was unlucky enough to position my map such that it's, like, too high up to properly receive fog, but also in too much of a corner to receive any real natural light, regardless of skybox / cloud shadows.

EDIT: Also, somehow being able to distinguish between your map's playable space and its "skybox" would be nice (e.g. give your playable area a different skybox, cloud shadows, fog, etc. than the skybox), and I could definitely see it getting some use on things like Grifball courts. The two skyboxes on glacier I'm not using have way cooler effects on the skybox I've built for my map, but they completely wash out the lighting / visible areas on my map's playable spaces.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
All of these maps people have been making (and remaking) in Forge look awesome. Are we ever going to get a playlist for the best of them? The potential of the tool looks vastly improved from 4.

All of these maps people have been making (and remaking) in Forge look awesome. Are we ever going to get a playlist for the best of them? The potential of the tool looks vastly improved from 4.
Some of the best maps have been in BTB so far, they're supposed to be making a playlist for that soon. I want them integrated within the normal BTB playlist,bring in the updated versions of Guillotine and Deadlock, keep Entombed and Basin. Antifreeze can fuck right off now and forever, Recurve needs the sun fixed as well as spawns. Maps I'd like to see in the playlist include: Halvalla, Deadline, Transference, Hazard Valley, Sidewinder, Confinement and Ice Drop. Lots of re-makes, but they should play well in Halo 5.

nillapuddin

To be perfectly honest, save Standoff, Headlong and Basin, the rest of the BTB maps can get nuked

nvm Antifreeze isnt horrible.

Really dont like the lack of rounds in Grifball, my favorite strategy of all time is going for a straight score. run flat out for the ball asap try to get over the defense and score within 7 seconds. For whatever random reason I have always had alot of success doing that and its a fun metagame. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stream now

halo ce pistol hype
http://www.twitch.tv/halo

To be perfectly honest, save Standoff, Headlong and Basin, the rest of the BTB maps can get nuked

So what I said. :p

I really like Moa's Spire re-make, but I think the surrounding area can be completely re-imagined. Do we have prefabs in this next update? Could the entire spire be a prefab? :O

nillapuddin

everything looking really good

super hyped for new skybox, hopefully it can save my rats nest map.
(Im not super happy with the lighting)

edit: wow, the community needs me, this just got featured

also, dont buy into the unyshek hype hes a cheater

jk

really glad to see all the community stuff, great for everyone

Hey guys I missed the stream and I cannot watch it right now. Forge Hub tweeted they're adding a Pelican prop to Forge, was there any more stuff announced aside that tweet from Tom French?

Hey guys I missed the stream and I cannot watch it right now. Forge Hub tweeted they're adding a Pelican prop to Forge, was there any more stuff announced aside that tweet from Tom French?

Pelican prop, Drop Pod prop (both of which consist of 2-3 parts and thus can be assembled / destroyed depending on your needs), obviously the Ball stuff will be in, and there's a new canvas like Parallax with nothing on it. The skybox is a really high-altitude space - think Zenith in H2A, but with a world and not a Halo ring.

Pelican prop, Drop Pod prop (both of which consist of 2-3 parts and thus can be assembled / destroyed depending on your needs), obviously the Ball stuff will be in, and there's a new canvas like Parallax with nothing on it. The skybox is a really high-altitude space - think Zenith in H2A, but with a world and not a Halo ring.

No bug fixes mentioned? Hoping the change log appears soon online.

Latest WIP - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sikamikanico/video/15081223

Sweet! The Pelican takes the cake though. I never expected we would get one in Forge.

As for bug fixes, I really hope they are addressing movement scripting someday. My cable car map is a total travesty. I should post a video of that when I have the time.

FyreWulff

Changed the physics of the Gravity Lift [invisible] base to allow players, etc. to pass through it; enables chaining

Oh fuck this was one of the big problems when i was trying to recreate the Spire base for Super Cragmire. noice

Top Bottom