• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

belushy

Banned
Hmm, the 500 ft increase should allow for the KOTH-esque mode using Strongholds to work now. (Without crazy amount of scripting)

nillapuddin

okay wtf, my invisible blockers arent working, then I see that video from hockey map

Im convinced, something fucky is going on with invisible blockers

by something fucky i mean they are completely broken

nillapuddin

yeah invisible blockers are broken, only way I can get them to register in game is by having them scripted to move

I cant imagine this is a permanent thing, but for right now, static ones are broken. no clue.

JDHarbs

I'd like to thank the 343 forge team for breaking all of my measurements on Condemned.

The old coordinate system mirrored Reach's perfectly. Now it's gone.

plz bring it back :(

Yeah my map was built on the zero coordinate for Glacier so the symmetry was easy to do. Glad I finished the build before this update.

So the issue with lighting is still there... BUT there is a workaround. And this is a heads up to those that didn't know this was a thing. If you group ring pieces with a flat, or something you can turn light bake off with, you can force it off on all the ring pieces. So now my map can be pretty. Good times.

nillapuddin

edit:

quick showcase (VOD)

http://www.twitch.tv/nillapuddin626/v/50435281

** Netflix + Twitch = Bad time, sorry! **

- New look for Rats Nest

- First look at Halo 5 Smashball (Basketball Ricochet)

- Very hard to demonstrate 3 point shootout (with only 1 player and the wrong settings!)

- Still early WIP Football gametype

- Frustration about non-working Invisible Blockers

- Inability to show off scoring because no split-screen

Notes:

Rats Nest, now Skybase, Skyloop, idk Skysomething, not final
Aint she a beaut!

Smashball:
Throw it in for 3 points, Dunk yourself for 5. Score 25 to win.
played 3 or 4 games last night, this may be my best creation ever

3 Point Shootout:
Havent tested live yet, 5 balls on each teams side, Score is infinite, Time limit TBD

Football:
As you can see, much increased movement speed, Throw it between goal posts for 2 points, Run it in for 5. Scoring TBD.

Cannot seem to shake Red players turning Orange when picking up a ball
Blue players turn Black, arggghh

Invisible Blockers are def broken, only by scripting them to move do they function. I designed Smashball similar to how Nok closes in the GB courts, scripting big chomping blocker walls.

The coordinates themselves don't seemed to have changed for me outside of objects that were specifically corrected, but I'm getting a weird bug where moving objects and having them physically impact other objects (even when set to phased, but i can't seem to nail down a consistent reason when it happens) resets the selected spinner to the top value (so X or Pitch). As a result, if I'm selecting multiple objects they'll all immediately converge.

nillapuddin

Hello World, its Eagles Nest

Set high in the clouds, Rats Nest is back.

Y5U4vtq.gif

Imgur Album
http://imgur.com/a/YxjyE

Walkthrough
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nillapuddin626/video/15144304

Quicky Drive-around
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nillapuddin626/video/15144307

edit: Forgehub link
http://www.forgehub.com/maps/eagles-nest.1776/

What the fuck did this most recent update do to the lighting on my already completed map?!

I've encountered every single glitch that Forge has to offer and had such a bad time completing that first map that I chose never to make another map in H5 forge. But I thought my nightmare was finally over after completing it.

The nightmare continues even without my intervention. Before the update these were not present.

I love that pristine looking Rat's Nest nillapuddin! I've been meaning to download your Turf remake for a while now but I never got around to it so I might as well k̶i̶l̶l̶ download two birds with one stone ;)

And Nokyard, I'm not sure if this has been asked before. Why did 343 decide to put only one court in the Griffball playlist? I remember you sharing your progress on many different Griffball courts.

Turn static lights into dynamic ones and that should fix it.

There aren't any lights nearby to these objects, they're lit by the map only.
If you're talking about light bake, these objects already had light bake turned on. Turning it off removes the shenanigans on a per-object basis but also makes them stand out and not match their surroundings. Also makes them look dull and dark if you walk too far away from them.

Frederik

Banned
There aren't any lights nearby to these objects, they're lit by the map only.
If you're talking about light bake, these objects already had light bake turned on. Turning it off removes the shenanigans on a per-object basis but also makes them stand out and not match their surroundings. Also makes them look dull and dark if you walk too far away from them.
Doesn't have to be near. Simply having too many static lights will cause artifacts across the map.

Doesn't have to be near. Simply having too many static lights will cause artifacts across the map.

Ill give it a shot and see how it works out, thanks for the suggestion. Did the most recent update introduce more issues with static lights?

What is the difference between static and dynamic lights?

Frederik

Banned
Ill give it a shot and see how it works out, thanks for the suggestion. Did the most recent update introduce more issues with static lights?

What is the difference between static and dynamic lights?
Dynamic lights only light up if you're close while static ones are always on. I think they're glitched right now where they both act like dynamic ones, though.

Dynamic lights only light up if you're close while static ones are always on. I think they're glitched right now where they both act like dynamic ones, though.

You're right, they are glitched. All my lights were set to static previously but they faded like dynamic.
By the way you saved my ass. I changed most of a certain kind of light to dynamic and my map is pretty again. Thanks!

Another general question: Is neutral bomb the only possible variant of Assault right now? I tried setting up multi-bomb assault but that didn't work out.

NOKYARD

And Nokyard, I'm not sure if this has been asked before. Why did 343 decide to put only one court in the Griffball playlist? I remember you sharing your progress on many different Griffball courts.
I don't know. Anyway watch this space for an announcement, likely tomorrow.

So, I've had issues with it before, but now it seems mechanically impossible for me to switch skyboxes on a Glacier map I had built before the update. It just ends up hanging and alternating between both of the loading screens.

nillapuddin

Finally found out how to get rid of those Warthogs that are unselectable on my Longshore, that new delete all unlocked button worked

for the ghosts that are stuck in the ocean however, it doesnt work on them. fml.

Really might wait for prefabs to come, and repiece the whole map together on a new file. Damn shame.

Also, I cant seem to spawn 2 balls at once anymore, so my 3 point competition gametype is on hold indefinitely. Each team needs their own ball, lammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee.

Also, not being able to keep carriers from changing colors is super bogus. (or defining any of their traits)

Between all that crap, and borking the invisible blockers...

1 step forward, 3 steps back

Is there any type of invisible shield that blocks vehicles, but not spartans or weapons? Configurable invisible blocker?

I want to keep vehicles out of a certain corner that should be foot-travel only.

nillapuddin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY7U3Te9bqg&feature=youtu.be

By far the best Turf remake I've seen so far. Gorgeous buildings, plays incredibly well with Halo 5 mechanics while retaining that Halo 2 feel.

XgYkGQW.png

i have to vomit

I cant let this go on, I am literally a toothpick away from making this my lifes mission again, the community deserves better than this.

edit: for anyone who didnt care for my Turf, darkprince909 made a wonderful map that has a very cool aesthetic and environment that I highly recommend.

Is there any type of invisible shield that blocks vehicles, but not spartans or weapons? Configurable invisible blocker?

I want to keep vehicles out of a certain corner that should be foot-travel only.

negatory, maybe take a screenshot or video of the area though and someone might have a creative solution

FyreWulff

You'll just have to make some sort of grille structure to let infantry through while allowing firing lines but no vehicles

Dumb/ambitious question, but, is there any way of generating heatmaps from custom games? I am a talentless hack compared to the numerous masters in here, but I'd like to see where my maps are at their businest, and where they're too quiet. Wildly ambitious hope, I know...

Karl2177

Dumb/ambitious question, but, is there any way of generating heatmaps from custom games? I am a talentless hack compared to the numerous masters in here, but I'd like to see where my maps are at their businest, and where they're too quiet. Wildly ambitious hope, I know...

Sadly, this hasn't been around since Bungie stopped working on Halo games.

Cheeky bastard! Haha

Actually that is indeed what I ended up resorting to, at least for the time being. Basically I have a launcher in a small alcove within a base that acts as a ladder replacement. I chose the UNSC moving platform because it is the most aesthetically obvious and pleasing.

The issue is that if you drive a vehicle into the base and run it into that launcher, it becomes permanently stuck until destroyed. I want to keep vehicles out of it. I thought I could just change the object properties to choose whether it affects vehicles, but that isn't an option. Then I thought I could put up an invisible vehicle barrier just in front of it, but that doesn't exist.

My only options are to block it off (through pylons or other means) or to replace the launchers with less aesthetically pleasing gravity lifts. I went with pylons for now but they seem sort of out of place. They block vehicles from accidentally bumping the launcher but a user can still intentionally work it in there.

NOKYARD

I could put up an invisible vehicle barrier just in front of it, but that doesn't exist.
Sure it does. Set sender and receiver teleporters to vehicles only. Place the sender node in the forbidden area, and the receiver node a few feet back facing the same direction (or 180 degrees if you want to freak players out). This acts as a bouncybarrier, although it can be a bit jarring since it feels like bad lag.

nillapuddin

People already doing amazing things with the ball gametype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcLDRykQC0w&feature=youtu.be

The one ball game I didnt bring back yet

Code:
[B]Volleyball[/B]

Each team gets a ball, throw it onto your opponents floor to win
First to 10 points wins

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tyjurGWl.jpg[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/nillapuddin626/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameSettings&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=363b3307-a6be-4bb5-b41d-ea38e381078a"]Gametype: Volleyball[/URL]
[URL="http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/nillapuddin626/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=323ec8d1-1c64-48eb-866b-575f67345f22"]Map: Court[/URL]

damn you papa smuuuuuuuurffffffffff!!

jk, it looks good, I will def check it out

Sure it does. Set sender and receiver teleporters to vehicles only. Place the sender node in the forbidden area, and the receiver node a few feet back facing the same direction (or 180 degrees if you want to freak players out). This acts as a bouncybarrier, although it can be a bit jarring since it feels like bad lag.

Fascinating idea. You're the king. I will experiment with that idea tonight.

I've got two posts in front of each launcher right now, just enough space for send/receive if I remove them (max object count).

I was going to say something similar, except the receiver node is a direct line into the fires of hell.

nillapuddin

My throat is pretty swollen so Im having a hard time talking, but I am free to help test, or help forge if anybody needs help.

I had an initiative to try and play alot of Smashball and Rats Nest since its their opening weekend, but I think my body has different ideas.

Top Bottom