• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind. Wave-based modes don't really hold my attention. I need context and/or urgency.

I wouldn't mind an assault-based Firefight mode where the amount of kills you rack up, along with the style of those kills and the combination of multikills, earns you points. All the while, you're pushing forward in an enemy-infested to reach a certain objective instead of hunkering down and waiting for them to come to you. These objectives can be randomized, and the maps themselves could have several alternate paths that can open up or close to create some variety.

o6JBH.jpg

Ship it

But seriously

Gui_PT

I know I'm 2 pages late but since some people asked for an autographed book, could I have an autographed Frankie photograph?

I'd keep it on my night stand, only hiding it when a female companion visited.

I know I'm 2 pages late but since some people asked for an autographed book, could I have an autographed Frankie photograph?

I'd keep it on my night stand, only hiding it when a female companion visited.

I'd imagine that the picture of Frankie would start looking mighty tasty with the lack of female visits.

wwm0nkey

"never talk about copyright laws unless you know what you're really talking about". Oh, the irony.

My bet is, MC's armor will go full nanomachine mode and turn into hayabusa.

I got a message from him after a mod told us to stop talking about Copyright saying that the mod was only warning me for talking about it XD

(he actually said MW3 was violating copyright from HomeFront because MW3 had an EMP grenade lol)

I got a message from him after a mod told us to stop talking about Copyright saying that the mod was only warning me for talking about it XD

(he actually said MW3 was violating copyright from HomeFront because MW3 had an EMP grenade lol)

Waypoint's moderation is pretty damn weird
retarded
, that's why I barely post there.

Anyone having problems checking their Bungie.net service record?

wwm0nkey

Waypoint's moderation is pretty damn weird
retarded
, that's why I barely post there.

Anyone having problems checking their Bungie.net service record?

Its way to fucking strict, call someone that is being an idiot and idiot? Warning with possible ban!

I mean I dont want it to be like b.net where moderators are only a myth that come out every once in a blue moon but I dont want it to be like how Waypoint is right now either.

Then again I hear there is this awesome site called NeoGAF.....

I just now noticed GDC is on the date the embargo ends.....wonder if 343 will have a presence at GDC and show us the new tech.

And if thats the case, it makes me feel that we may get a reveal of sorts this month even more. I mean, who knows since things have been handled a lot differently, but it seems weird they would show the game off with gameplay before allowing some screens and maybe a trailer hit the web.

But, I guess what will be present at the Spring Showcase also isn't fully known, and they may only show a trailer/vidoc and and share info? Or is the Spring Showcase always more than that?

zap

Decided to take Halo 3 for a spin again.

Damn.

The BR feels good. BRs on the Pit, Guardian, Standoff, Citadel and Valhalla are amazing.
Halo 3 maps poop on the Reach maps. So much more balanced and colourful! Oh and the grenades! They bounce where you want them and they do enough damage to be valuable, but not so much that they decimate everything within 2m of them.

I only get frustrated by the floaty jump. I love being able to jump high, but let me drop faster, I feel like I'm hanging up there for an age! I miss Reach's netcode and feedback system (dat shield pop).

I think I am going to come back more often, it feels so much more fufilling.

But dear lord, why is there still Team Rockets in the Social Slayer playlist?? I swear we got the gametype 3 times and there was one time when it wasn't vetoed. Terrible. I can't beleive after so many years Bungie didn't remove it. I mean if they really wanted it to stay, dump it in Action Sack!

What I would love in Halo 4 is to have the maps be compatible with all future games. Make the maps from Halo 4 installable, and when Halo 5 comes out, let it draw from the Halo 4 maps. I know that this is unlikely, not only due to Halo 5 probably being on the nextbox, but also due to changing MP characterstics that would make the maps not play the same. A man can dream, though.

Decided to take Halo 3 for a spin again.

Damn.

The BR feels good. BRs on the Pit, Guardian, Standoff, Citadel and Valhalla are amazing.
Halo 3 maps poop on the Reach maps. So much more balanced and colourful! Oh and the grenades! They bounce where you want them and they do enough damage to be valuable, but not so much that they decimate everything within 2m of them.

I only get frustrated by the floaty jump. I love being able to jump high, but let me drop faster, I feel like I'm hanging up there for an age! I miss Reach's netcode and feedback system (dat shield pop).
Yeah, going back to Halo 3 is super refreshing. Things look nice, things play nice. It's also nice having a Security helmet that doesn't look like a Tootsie Pop that's down to its Tootsie center.

Some people mention that they'd go back to 3, but Reach is worth suffering through because they can't stand 3's netcode anymore. I really can't tell the difference, can someone explain this to me? I always feel like it's a placebo effect from the difference between a hitscan DMR and non-hitscan BR, or maybe my experiences have been different. 'Cause Reach got plenty janky as well.

zap

Yeah, going back to Halo 3 is super refreshing. Things look nice, things play nice. It's also nice having a Security helmet that doesn't look like a Tootsie Pop that's down to its Tootsie center.

Some people mention that they'd go back to 3, but Reach is worth suffering through because they can't stand 3's netcode anymore. I really can't tell the difference, can someone explain this to me? I always feel like it's a placebo effect from the difference between a hitscan DMR and non-hitscan BR, or maybe my experiences have been different. 'Cause Reach got plenty janky as well.

I'm in New Zealand, so I am used to putting up with bad hosts (for me). When we are playing there are mainly Americans staying up late and some Aussies - I don't pull host very often (for good reason, I know). On Halo 3 I notice a lot more issues regarding bloodshots with the sniper and just general glitching. In Reach things are so much smoother, shots connect a LOT more and I notice a lot less issues in general.

I'm not saying Reach doesn't have issues from time to time, but Halo 3 has a lot more. However, I am surprised (and glad) that despite the fact that populations are a lot lower, matcmaking times are still fast enough in the popular playlists and I don't have that many laggy games.

One thing that I noticed in the Reach beta and has frustrated me ever since is the connection bar indicator when pressing the "back" button. In Halo 3 it was an indicator of ping to the host and so if I was a red bar it was unplayable, if it was high yellow it was bearable and if it was green I was super fortunate. In Reach it is almost always full green, no matter how the connection is. I have played super laggy games where everyone is a 'green-bar' and it is annoying. At least give me the indication of what is happening. It felt like a huge step backward for me.

I'd like to see a more spec-ops approach to Halo 4's firefight. Make it a mode where you play as an ODST from a squad you meet in the campaign (minor character spoiler from Glasslands:
Maybe Mal and Vaz with 2 other ODST characters who you meet regularly in Halo 4's campaign?
).

You can choose different missions. Some are the same old firefight missions where you have to hold a location for a certain amount of time (You can make it infinite in the options menu) but there are also missions where you have to get to a certain location, kill a high profile target, extract somebody/something etc with emphasis on stealth gameplay since you are no spartan. These missions could have a place in the existing canon too.

Put some small objectives in the firefight missions for variety's sake like protecting somebody/something or destroying a place like some people suggested earlier.

I don't know about you guys but I hope they lower the framerate to 24fps to make it as cinematic as possible. Think of all the free blur you get at that framerate with movies.

Framerate doesn't always relate to IQ, but also to input lag. 24fps for games? Hell no. Especially not Halo.

Overdoziz

Banned
Framerate doesn't always relate to IQ, but also to input lag. 24fps for games? Hell no. Especially not Halo.
Why would you want anything higher than 24fps? The human eye can't even register anything above that. 24 fps is just as as smooth as 60fps because people can't see the difference. That's how God made us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom