• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of missing something obvious, why is there a bag of gold-coated cheerios on that table?
I think that's some form of mutant Chex Mix. Or tiny pork rinds.

What's really disturbing is I knew a guy in college who had that exact same table.

hi Tunavi. party thrown

Tunavi

Banned
Tunavi - we pined for you every day that you weren't here.

We burned candles in your absence, and drank to your memory.

Our lives are more complete now that you're back.

Is that what you wanted to hear?
Yup. are we doing this for starwolf too?

You're on a non stop bitch fest.

If you're going to complain, add something constructive to the complaint. Constant negativity isn't going to endear you to anyone.
You mean being negative about the wrong topic. There are plenty of posters in this thread that do literally the same thing. Drink the Kool-Aid or get shit on, exposition be damned.

image.axd

I can't be the only one that see it..

What am I looking at? I see an home made engineer stuffed toy I guess?

You mean being negative about the wrong topic. There are plenty of posters in this thread that do literally the same thing. Drink the Kool-Aid or get shit on, exposition be damned.

When people are negative its usually in jest or constructive. Just saying "Screw Reach" is neither. Dont get me wrong though I feel for that guy. Reach is a very frustrating game at the worst of times.

Hey Elzar. Check ridernet. :)

Did you beat Lyphen? I havent got you added, whats your score?

Tawpgun

When people are negative its usually in jest or constructive. Just saying "Screw Reach" is neither. Dont get me wrong though I feel for that guy. Reach is a very frustrating game at the worst of times.

Did you beat Lyphen? I havent got you added, whats your score?

1:57:33

This is just getting ridiculous. Its crazy how we aren't even competing over seconds any more, the last so many scores have been down to milliseconds.

I just can't.

I quit.

Yeah I cant believe im saying this, but shaving off a 10th of a millisecond is just too much for me.

Now you are going to play i for another 4 hours trying to beat it. Love how SSX makes you want to beat your friends score SSX is the ONLY game I can say I care if someone is beating me and its only a demo right now lol

I cant believe how good this Ridernet thing is, I have never cared about these kinds of things in the past myself.

Am I the only one who hates seeing posts that have been edited to quote other posts that came after that original post? It just fucks with the timeline.

Hi Tashi.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Am I the only one who hates seeing posts that have been edited to quote other posts that came after that original post? It just fucks with the timeline.

Was gonna stay for Super Meat Boy, then you started playing that other game and said "I get enough of this shit at home".

Also it's laggy :(

Yeah blame my horrible country's upload speeds, Its peak hours it may clean up later iv stopped playing reach now if you wanna jump back in, Deciding what to play next

Homeboyd

SUP BRO?!

Don't get too comfortable!

Haha, this would be nice.

I like plain text against a comfortable plain background.

Readability, yo.
Seriously, it STILL hasn't been posted?! GIVE IT TO WU!

Fucking lol

What exactly is your problem?
DOUBLE LOL

Like exactly who? Nobody likes BTB here anyway.
MOTHERFUCKING TRIPLE LOL!

This is a photo of me from January 2008; the first time I ever drank Tequila.

ai1Tk.jpg
Overlol?! That's pretty awesome.

I don't think so. If he wants it, he should post in this thread... oh. I forgot.
Aw SNAP. He's been pretty chatty with Jessica lately... he has no time for us :)

I'll stalk your FACE

FyreWulff

Halo 3 playlists after consolidation:

BTB Objective - all DLC required.
Social Slayer - all DLC required.

Halo 3 playlists locked into existence:

Lone Wolves - ranked FFA achievements
A ranked playlist - ranked team achievement (MVP)

Im so glad your not playlist manager, as much as it would speed up matchmaking times your removing a lot of good playlists. I think by stripping the game down so much you would make the problem worse, a LOT of people would quit playing.

I beat Tawpguns score but damn you Elzar and Lyphen, I cant possible shave my time down any more!

Apparently you follow the 343 Inoffensive Playlist Management school of thought. You'd probably put all the vanilla map variants of all the Halo 3 maps too just to make sure nobody is offended at losing anything.

Halo 3 playlists locked into existence:

Lone Wolves - ranked FFA achievements
A ranked playlist - ranked team achievement (MVP)

Apparently you follow the 343 Inoffensive Playlist Management school of thought. You'd probably put all the vanilla map variants of all the Halo 3 maps too just to make sure nobody is offended at losing anything.

I really do, I think its the best approach, everyone gets to play what they want to play. I wouldn't quite put a playlist for each map but I would sure as hell put out a playlist for each of the popular playlists. Not sure how you think a game is going to succeed when people cant play what they want.

Yo SSX GAF we have a new opponent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_SKHJlnp4

This guy seems to be using the same route as us, but managing to go fast. So damn fast.

FyreWulff

Not sure how you think a game is going to succeed when people cant play what they want.

You mean the MLG community that brags they don't play the playlist because customs were always more up to date? Enjoy your long search times because you don't want to delete any playlist, then. I already said that they could put the other ones into a permanent DEXP rotation.

If Halo 3 was trimmed down I think it should be like this,

Ranked
Lone Wolves - All DLC required
Team Slayer - All DLC required

Social
Big Team Battle - All DLC required
Social Slayer - no DLC required
Rumble Pit - no DLC required

That's all I think it should have.

You mean the MLG community that brags they don't play the playlist because customs were always more up to date? Enjoy your long search times because you don't want to delete any playlist, then.

Oh I agree that playlists need consolidating, its just that you went overboard with your post. A more reasonable middle ground can be met. I was talking about Halo Reach though in terms of agreeing with the "343 Inoffensive Playlist Management school of thought." Clearly a game like Halo 3 this late in its lifespan wont work as well, but it doesn't need to be totally stripped down either.

It seems really ironic that your well on top of the whole playlist management thing yet you dont understand why MLG players would prefer to play customs when the MLG playlist isnt up to scratch. Just so its clear, I still wouldn't justify removing the playlist, because the more hardcore don't play it. Its a very different way to play the game. If your going to do an update to remove MLG, why remove it instead of simply you know... updating it.

Fyre, I did the NOISE_MAKER thing as you said but the damn skulls won't just show up :(

My gametype is round based so it is kind of one sided, do you have to have both red and blue goals and noise maker for it to work?

Edit: Damn, I want to read the bulletin before going to bed :(

FyreWulff

Oh I agree that playlists need consolidating, its just that you went overboard with your post. A more reasonable middle ground can be met. I was talking about Halo Reach though in terms of agreeing with the "343 Inoffensive Playlist Management school of thought." Clearly a game like Halo 3 this late in its lifespan wont work as well, but it doesn't need to be totally stripped down either.

It seems really ironic that your well on top of the whole playlist management thing yet you dont understand why MLG players would prefer to play customs when the MLG playlist isnt up to scratch. Just so its clear, I still wouldn't justify removing the playlist, because the more hardcore don't play it. Its a very different way to play the game. If your going to do an update to remove MLG, why remove it instead of simply you know... updating it.

They bragged about playing customs instead of the list in the Halo 3 era. I'm not talking about the Reach one. Halo 3 does not have the population to support fringe playlists, and especially playlists where the community mainly plays their gametype via Customs and Gamebattles anyway. Even when the MLG playlist was caught up, they'd still go on about how customs were better than the playlist. Reach decimated 3's population, and 4 is going to decimate 3's population even more.

I think we need to look at other games that still matchmaking well, and why. You can still get games in Perfect Dark Zero quickly because the game only has two playlists. It wasn't even that popular. Then you go to a game like CoD4 which was hugely popular, and because it has like 21 playlists it's a wasteland of a lack of focus.

It's why I also delete Action Sack. Action Sack is pretty much the "customs playlist", so like MLG it doesn't really deserve to stick around in a low-pop situation.

Fyre, I did the NOISE_MAKER thing as you said but the damn skulls won't just show up :(

My gametype is round based so it is kind of one sided, do you have to have both red and blue goals and noise maker for it to work?

Edit: Damn, I want to read the bulletin before going to bed :(

I think you do need both. If you need to, you can put one goal off the map.and give it zero size.

TheOddOne

Best part:
I’m honored to have an opportunity to talk here! I just came back from a weekly music review, and especially this week, I was so excited about one piece of music. This emotional, digitized piece became the second favorite piece of Halo 4 music which we’ve made so far. I can’t wait to share this with you!

Producing the Halo 4 music is very difficult, but such a fun job for me. I know many people, including me, love the previous Halos’ music. Halo 4 will be a story for Master Chief and Cortana. Therefore, we are driving our music production respecting the previous music tone.

At the same time, we are working to establish some freshness in the music because this is a new trilogy and we are a new team.

I love creating game audio because it is a direct communication between fans and the team. I want to communicate with our "own" language of sound and music. Even if having a new language on Halo is very challenging...

My goal for making audio is always very simple. How much can we make people excited and immersed in the story and gameplay experience with our audio? There are three key ways I like to do that:

• Provide a sense of reality with sophisticated sound design to bring you into a believable world.
• Achieve a memorable, dramatic experience with great music and sounds well synced with the story beat and your gameplay.
• Share a delightful memory with all fans providing an iconic melody.

Actually, my real goal is to make you cry!

When I hired the people that make up the Halo 4 audio team, one of the criteria I had was that if you want to work it had to be "for fans more than anything." And now I have a great team. Everyone is so happy to work hard to surprise you.

Again, it is very hard to achieve a great audio for the Halo universe, but I believe we can do this as long as we don't forget you are waiting patiently for us. Stay tuned for next update from me, and for more exciting topics in OHI!

-Sotaro Tojima
Tojima <3

Also:
We had to have the elements to connect the player to something familiar but still be able to offer something outlandish and alien. After this aural base is formed, we then have all the freedom in the world to mix and match different elements into a single weapon. Even a Forerunner weapon incorporates some of the elements from that gun session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom