• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Yup, Marty is a hard man to top. Not sure if I should wait until I hear the music in context or just buy it and then proceed to bitch about it.

Yeah I'm waiting until I hear the soundtrack for the first time in its proper place in the campaign then I'm going to buy it.

DesertFox

If there were five or six good posts, how did you post eight?

BxrN3.gif

Crying = Jokes?

Got it!

I guess it depends on what inflection you read the post in. I thought it was funny... but then again he may have been serious :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Default BR is best BR. The only weapon skin I'm really stoked about is the GAF Edition Carbine. The pistol skin looks like frosting.

Kibbles

I pre-ordered a long time ago at GameStop, will the codes in this vote thing be printed on the receipt when I checkout on launch day?

Woorloog

Banned
Some Halo 4 OST pieces, like Immaterial feel... alien.
Kinda otherwordly, odd. Scary even. Hopefully whatever the moment we hear them in-game will be strong.

Woorloog

Banned
I can't wait to see the context behind the last two minutes of 'Revival' in the campaign.

Indeed. Revival is, i think, one of the most intriguing pieces in the OST, it implies something important is happening. Maybe something dangerous...
EDIT and it really fits the Scanned trailer well.

Cannot rave enough about this soundtrack. Neil really nailed it. I put it up there with ODST in my honest opinion. Yes. THAT good.

Yes.

Sanjuro

I really need some substance to really piece together the OST. It sounds heavily influenced by Transformers and another film that I can't seem to place at the moment.

Shadders

I moved house a few months back and promised the wife I'd get the rest of the house sorted before doing my Halo room. Got in there today and started unpacking all my shit, opened a box to find a can of Halo 2 Red Bull I got at E3 '04 has leaked over a load of my mint in box McFarlane figures. Sad times. It's dissolved the backing cards, stained things blue (apparently Red Bull goes blue after a few years!) and it absolutely stinks.

:(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I moved house a few months back and promised the wife I'd get the rest of the house sorted before doing my Halo room. Got in there today and started unpacking all my shit, opened a box to find a can of Halo 2 Red Bull I got at E3 '04 has leaked over a load of my mint in box McFarlane figures. Sad times. It's dissolved the backing cards, stained things blue (apparently Red Bull goes blue after a few years!) and it absolutely stinks.

What kind of McFarlane figures are they? PM me.

I finally talked myself into buying the LE OST but the shipping has made me reconsider it, again. $86 dollars is a lot to spend on one OST and a making of DVD.

This thread isn't going fast enough... I'm sitting bored in an Orientation to Computer Science class after having been a Computer Programmer in the Air Force. *blah*

Moral of the story: never have Red Bull for any reason.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cannot rave enough about this soundtrack. Neil really nailed it. I put it up there with ODST in my honest opinion. Yes. THAT good.
I can't wait to experience it in the game. :-D

In other, less sarcastic news, the following is the point at which that other thread made me laugh out loud at work:
The Halo 4 OT will be just as bad, at least until the game comes out. Mark my words.

Sanjuro

Forgot about the Halo figures. I still have the first Master Chief figure that came out, plus the active camo one that the company sent me for purchasing it.

Woorloog

Banned
I really need some substance to really piece together the OST. It sounds heavily influenced by Transformers and another film that I can't seem to place at the moment.

Hmm? Gotta hear those...

Also, i now know why i love Arrival so much.
Bells. It uses bells subtly but... it adds so much to the piece. I just like the bellring.

Sorry to hear that! I was just telling Cyclone in the thread the other day to make sure that he drains his cans of Game Fuel. Soda/Beer/Energy Drink cans will leak over time.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sorry to hear that! I was just telling Cyclone in the thread the other day to make sure that he drains his cans of Game Fuel. Soda/Beer/Energy Drink cans will leak over time.

I have yet to do this. Need to figure out the best way how. Although I'm worried the cans would get crushed when I move.

DesertFox

This happened to my brother like 12+ years ago when Pepsi was doing special Star Wars cans. Learned the hard way to pop a hole in the bottom of the can to drain the liquid first if intending to collect the can

TCKaos

I pre-ordered a long time ago at GameStop, will the codes in this vote thing be printed on the receipt when I checkout on launch day?

Yes, they should be regardless of whether or not you participated in the vote. Gamestop has honored other, much older pre-order bonuses. DNF comes to mind.

There are some emblems that you have to be a Powerup Rewards member to get, though. The Mjolnir, Assassin and Bonebreaker emblems.

Also on the page for those rewards there's a mention of a new Red vs Blue episode for Halo 4. They've got the Mark VI on this time around, so it's going to be legit.

blamite

Also on the page for those rewards there's a mention of a new Red vs Blue episode for Halo 4. They've got the Mark VI on this time around, so it's going to be legit.
I just realized they can't have Caboose wearing Mk. V anymore. :( Excluding that armor really hurts everyone. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom