• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing how much ammo you have isn't worthless though.
Of course, but you can have that without the silhouette. Remember the argument was that having an icon for the secondary was unecessary, to the point where you're a bad player if you need use of it (this was a comment someone else made), but a player can't remember what that huge, finely detailed, 3-d model taking up 20% of the screen is when they look at the ammo counter in the corner?

Bsigg12

They remove that but add an announcer voice AND text popup right in the middle of your screen AND a medal spread, every single time you do anything even remotely noteworthy? Gimme a break.

I want to turn that shit off. I don't need to know +15 headshot, it is annoying and if your argument is that "You don't notice it after a while", then there is no reason to have it there in the first place.

Screen-Shot-2012-10-14-at-7.14.15-PM.png

vlcsnap-2011-07-23-15h49m54s240.png

CoD-Black-Ops-MP.jpg

Come on, it isn't bad at all. It changes nothing.

Snagged the Halo 4 OST earlier this morning. At first listen I was all "FUCK THIS IT AIN'T HALO!" but now I'm all like "I'll be damned, this is actually pretty frakkin' good!"

Quite a few standout tracks, and I like that all build slowly, nice and moody.

I agree with this however Halo main theme should be in the game. Each game can have its own OST but the main theme is the main theme.

Fuchsdh

FUD ain't cheap.

Wonder how much they spent on this and marketing.
I'd say easily 100 million, prolly closer to 120-130. They're pretty much garuanteed that much back at launch, after all. The trick is getting casuals to buy the game after the hardcore.

On another note, I wonder if Halo 4 will beat reach's day one gross records, considering there is not a legendary SKU to inflate the receipts.

Falifax

So if I get Anni. done quick enough I'm going to tackle H2 on PC. Is 360 controller an acceptable means to play it, or do I have to use a mod for it to let me use the 360 controller?

H2V supports the 360 controller so you don't have to struggle with mods.

Ramirez

Of course, but you can have that without the silhouette. Remember the argument was that having an icon for the secondary was unecessary, to the point where you're a bad player if you need use of it (this was a comment someone else made), but a player can't remember what that huge, finely detailed, 3-d model taking up 20% of the screen is when they look at the ammo counter in the corner?

So are you saying remove the weapon pic & just have the bullets listed in the corner? Or just use the digital display on the gun?

It looks like a ricochet to me... although that's a very luck ricochet in pretty much the first gameplay we've seen of snipers.
Watch it again. Loop that part over and over, watch the second shot. Look at the pics big show posted. There is no return vapor trail, there is no ricochet. The death animation begins immediately when the second shot is fired, and the shot is at least two body widths to the right. The rock behind him is angled away, a ricochet doesn't work like that.

Beckx

Last night someone uploaded a ton of armor variants on 4Chan. I grabbed them and put them on minus. Here's the helmets. Don't click if you want to be surprised later.

I can't wait to see more. D:

Hmm. I wonder if that means all but the bottom row are easily unlocked? I'm hoping the best helmets aren't locked behind an EXP grind, Reach style. Want to be sporting Oceanic day one.

Ramirez

There's maybe 5 that I actually like :(

Oh well, it's just my opinion, and I'm glad that there are so many options.

Well, the good news is that you can only wear 1.

I like that they're tied to commendations & stuff, wasn't a fan of Reach's credit system for buying everything.

BigShow36

Watch it again. Loop that part over and over, watch the second shot. Look at the pics big show posted. There is no return vapor trail, there is no ricochet. The death animation begins immediately when the second shot is fired, and the shot is at least two body widths to the right. The rock behind him is angled away, a ricochet doesn't work like that.

Regardless, its worrisome. Ricochetes are dumb enough as it is.

After listening to the Halo 4 OST, I am now listening to the Halo 3 OST. These tracks I consider part or Halo Lore:

Never Forget
Main Theme
One Final Effort

I hope they got in the game somehow.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Dominion. Last night was rough.
Well, that makes more sense now. Found it odd that you'd openly speak about a leaked gametype.

I'm extremely excited about Dominion, may be the first playlist I jump into.

Ram wins the best avatar award.

Cetra

I agree with this however Halo main theme should be in the game. Each game can have its own OST but the main theme is the main theme.

I'd be nice if it was in there. ODST (my favorite Halo OST) and Reach didn't have it and they came out okay. "117" has a very strong classic Halo music backbone in it, which I really really dig. I really thought this OST was going to suck without Marty. And while it is very different from previous Halo OSTs, it's still quite good.

zlatko

Banned
Last night someone uploaded a ton of armor variants on 4Chan. I grabbed them and put them on minus. Here's the helmets. Don't click if you want to be surprised later.

I can't wait to see more. D:

2nd row first option is dead sexy to me.

I'm excited to see if in H4 you can accessorize the helmets like in Reach, as well as have leg pieces like the bags you could strap on in Reach.

Well, that makes more sense now. Found it odd that you'd openly speak about a leaked gametype.

I'm extremely excited about Dominion, may be the first playlist I jump into.

Ram wins the best avatar award.

Same here, I will be found in either this or the CTF playlist come launch.

Just got back from lunch, so I'm a little late on this, but had to comment.
I honestly can't say this is an issue. I always know what I have as my secondary regardless of a little indicator. I would think the majority of players feel the same way. It's poor play on your part if you don't know what you equipped to begin with or have picked up in the process of playing.

I would make the argument that the dumb people are actually the ones who need an icon to remind them what they're carrying.

Knowing how much ammo you have isn't worthless though.

I've said this before, but apparently, it bears repeating, in defense of us "dumb people". There. Is. A. Fucking. Ammo. Counter. For. The. Secondary. Weapon.
That's why I don't like that it's gone. Fuck.

-_-

Uhhhh images in Moa's post may contain spoilers.

also: does the vinyl really only have 4 remixes? that is damn disappointing. Seriously. That is just...man.

:(
I know. I would have rather had the actual OST on vinyl instead of the remixes.

Also:
Are y'all really going to whine about the soundtrack packaging? Didn't spoil anything for me.

nillapuddin

Is this and the helmet one complete as far as we know? Also does anyone have links to any of the other armor piece sets as well? Even though I've already been spoiled I don't know all of the details, and digging through information on 4chan is a bad time as-is already.

that guy has put together a good amount of things, but not all, the helmets specifically

heres all the helmets
https://xecwqq.dm1.livefilestore.co..._aPfix_ZfZQY3AYYhq0nArPtiwrA/Armor.png?psid=1

Sordid

After a few listens to the soundtrack it seems good but not as good as Marty's work imo (that might change when I associate the music with the campaign though!). I'm pretty disappointed not to hear this little snippet or anything similar though :( does anyone know if it makes an appearance in game at all?

Edit: Siggy pls, he has returned \o/

Seriously. Cry me a river. It should be common knowledge by now.

It is not that you are just seeing those symbols. It is that we know the Limited Edition Soundtrack was delayed for containing HALO 4 spoilers. You connect the dots and soon realize that the symbol suddenly becomes much more prevalent. Everyone who has read terminals, watched the terminal videos, or read Crytum and Primordium knows what the symbol is. But it is the context of that symbol that makes it a huge spoiler...

Same here, I will be found in either this or the CTF playlist come launch.
I'm excited for Objective again. Hell, I'm excited about multiplayer again, which hasn't been since the Reach beta. :-(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the name of the Forge map on the Asteroid? Is it Impact, or is that the base map name?

Regardless, I just saw a video from the same dude that Elzar linked earlier. They play on the Forge map, and I noticed that there are some pieces that move of their own accord. Can't tell what they are though, I'm watching on my phone. They might be the pieces that resemble the center engine on Condemned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom