• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Wu

Seriously? Wow I can't even play Reach now? Fml. :(
The likelihood that ANY 15 characters could seriously spoil the Halo 4 Campaign for you is pretty small. The idea that a couple of words strung together, making up a gamertag, might ONLY be applicable to Halo 4 spoilage is sort of silly.

SnapeKillsDumbledore is 21 characters.

zlatko

Banned
The likelihood that ANY 15 characters could seriously spoil the Halo 4 Campaign for you is pretty small. The idea that a couple of words strung together, making up a gamertag, might ONLY be applicable to Halo 4 spoilage is sort of silly.

SnapeKillsDdore fits though :(

CortanaDiesInH4
ChiefDiesInH4
TupacIsAlive

They can do it. ; ;

Beckx

Well. I know nothing about the story, but here's a possibility - there is no spoiler in this (it's just a format) but I'm tagging it anyway in case it turned out to be close:
CHARACTERDIES would work with many of the characters in H4 - could also be used as a "fake spoiler" of sorts just to mess with people.

Send Moa back to waypoint, grab your pitchforks and torches.

crap

ZiN2tyP6IE2dYifRQFcqcg2.gif

Louis Wu

SnapeKillsDdore fits though :(

CortanaDiesInH4
ChiefDiesInH4
TupacIsAlive

They can do it. ; ;
But, see...

None of those are spoilers. Because you have ZERO idea what's true, what's false, what's even aimed at H4. (I'm pretty sure Tupac's not even IN the campaign.)

::shrug::

If you're that scared, stop interacting online for another two weeks.

Illustration:

TartarusDies fits as a gamertag, right?

Would you consider that a Halo 2 spoiler? Even if you know whether it's true or not - you don't know any context.

Eh. Not worth the argument. Never mind.

Ramirez

But, see...

None of those are spoilers. Because you have ZERO idea what's true, what's false, what's even aimed at H4. (I'm pretty sure Tupac's not even IN the campaign.)

Darn, got my hopes up for nothing, you have failed me 343.

zlatko

Banned
But, see...

Illustration:

TartarusDies fits as a gamertag, right?

Would you consider that a Halo 2 spoiler? Even if you know whether it's true or not - you don't know any context.

Eh. Not worth the argument. Never mind.

I get what you mean 100%. I'm just a worry wart. Even if it was a BS tag that isn't a real spoiler, my mind would start spinning that it is true.

Tupac isn't in the campaign?

LE pre order cancelled.

These were awesome. Dominion looks like a ton of fun, not a fan of the Scorpion on Exile though, I see that getting taken out quickly. The Scorpion will never be fit for MM...
That guy's page has about 15 different H4 multiplayer vids. It's the one I mentioned earlier about Relay. There's a KOTH match on the Forerunner forge map too, so you get to hear all the announcer beats for the stuff you do while in the hill.

I think if anyone here has seen the terminals in Halo 3 and knows the Didact's involvement in Halo 4, this shouldn't come as a surprise at all. I don't even read any extended Halo lore and I expected it after remembering the conversations in the terminals.

Can you comprehend any of my posts?

phoneslam.gif

Fuchsdh

Tupacs never die. They're just missing in action.

Norristhumbsup.gif

Yeah I don't think x dies spoilers are usually that bad. The context of the narrative matters far more which is why I normally don't care
about spoilers. I'm just going in dark this time because I want some of that Halo 1 childlike feel back, just to try this once.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Karl2177

Alright nerds. 1/4 of the way to a new OT in 3 days is bad, especially when the only big thing that dropped was campaign theatre and the gameplay trailer. Less talk about the same shit that has been iterated a hundred times and more constructive, analytical, or genuine curiosity, please.

That said, many of you noticed I changed my avatar to a non-Didact symbol. It is that of Offensive Bias. To all of you lore experts, what became of him(?) after the war? Please use spoiler tags in your response.

zlatko

Banned
You forgot Step 0: You're playing Halo: Reach :(

That kinda supersedes everything else

Step -1: Reach is fun. ; ;

I've bought and sold Reach 3 times, but in its current state I find it a good game. It took the map packs, and non armor lock playlists for me to finally warm up to it and enjoy it.

Still too many Forge maps for my liking that get voted to be played, but oh well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Not getting this.
Someone needs to explain the joke.

Also, it feels like Bish is becoming a HaloGAF member if he visits this thread even more often in the future...

People asking for clarification about Theatre
Frankie being a janitor
A "mess" being created with folks unhappy and then unhappy again at the lack of explanation
Frankie coming into the thread and talking about other stuff
Joke about him "avoiding it" like a dodgy janitor

Honestly, I didn't didn't put much thought into it. It's just as joke about GAF being GAF.

Woorloog

Banned
People asking for clarification about Theatre
Frankie being a janitor
A "mess" being created with folks unhappy and then unhappy again at the lack of explanation
Frankie coming into the thread and talking about other stuff
Joke about him "avoiding it" like a dodgy janitor

Honestly, I didn't didn't put much thought into it. It's just as joke about GAF being GAF.

Ah. Hmm. The way the pic was taken threw me off, wondered what rosso's my posts had to with the pic.

So I ran out of stuff to read on my reddit front page during class... And I made the mistake of hitting the "new" button... 4th post down from /r/halo was a (potential) campaign spoiler...

-_-

The grandiose trailer recut is going to be put on hold until I get a computer actually capable of running decent video editing software.

So I'm just gonna try and see what I can cobble up with WMM instead.

Pavaloo

The distinction between the two is blurry, but to say that community managers are there to shill a product is, in my experience, entirely inaccurate.

Ah, I understand the distinction between the two you're making now. I agree to some degree, but I also feel like community managers aren't meant to be our "friends." (Not saying that you've said that, but I get that feeling from some posts) In that sense I mean, I don't think users are entitled to information if the studio is withholding it.

Can you comprehend any of my posts?

I understand that you don't expect these things to occur over the course of one game, but I feel like it would be foolish to think that they wouldn't even be referenced in the first game of the trilogy.

Tupacs never die. They're just missing in action.

Respect.

Purplemage

Neo Member
Everyone always bashes poor Reach so hard. I just passed 9000 games yesterday, and very very little of it was MLG. Multi team is fun with the right game type and Rumble pit/Living dead are fun if you enjoy those clutch moments at the end.

There's a million complaints about Reach and they all hold merit but there's a fun game underneath its hideous face. But lordy I am so ready for a new challenge in 4. This game needs a bigger population again. Less game types are gonna help out a lot.

Louis Wu

Snape kills Dumbledore?!?! :O
You were joking, but this is a perfect example of what I was trying to say.

Even the people who SCREAMED THIS SPOILER OUT in drive-bys on the night of the release of Half-Blood Prince had no clue what this actually meant - even THEY had to wait for two years for this spoiler to be put in context.

Just knowing a fact doesn't tell you the story.

(I'll buy that knowing the fact before you get to it in the narrative can decrease the emotional impact - but in some ways... it INCREASES tension, because you have no idea when to expect it. Will this encounter end with the appearance of Tupac? How about THIS one? Maybe THIS one?)

I dunno. Someone spelling out the end of the game, in a paragraph or whatever - that can definitely decrease enjoyment (for those who aren't like Dani). But two words - which may or may not be true? Eh. I don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom