• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

janitor.jpg

Oh, LOL. You should post this over in the HBO thread so he'll see it.

It is not that you are just seeing those symbols. It is that we know the Limited Edition Soundtrack was delayed for containing HALO 4 spoilers. You connect the dots and soon realize that the symbol suddenly becomes much more prevalent. Everyone who has read terminals, watched the terminal videos, or read Crytum and Primordium knows what the symbol is. But it is the context of that symbol that makes it a huge spoiler...
I would have been surprised if
she was not in the game

Well it will be a lot more meaningful for you then.
I guess. As I wrote above, expected it really. I just googled the end of the book. I'll read it sooner than later but I saw that coming a million miles away.

I would have been surprised if
she was not in the game

I think people forget that this is a Saga. They're not going to tie up all of the Crytum and Primordium strings in the first game. Just because characters are there, does not mean that they have to be present in the first game. Each of these little spoils just eats at me.

Since it was at the bottom of the page:

What's the name of the Forge map on the Asteroid? Is it Impact, or is that the base map name?

Regardless, I just saw a video from the same dude that Elzar linked earlier. They play on the Forge map (Relay, thanks Hyper), and I noticed that there are some pieces that move of their own accord. Can't tell what they are though, I'm watching on my phone. They might be the pieces that resemble the center engine on Condemned.

orznge

Banned
I absolutely, 100 percent disagree. Community is a different beast from public relations. PR is company-focused while community relations is customer-focused. Both are mouthpieces for the company, but community's number one goal is to provide feedback from fans to the company, while PR's number one goal is to increase communication and promote company goals to the press and consumer.

Players of the Halo series communicated to Community Relations that campaign theater was not important and could be cut from the game's budget to make room for newer, better features and they listened.

I think people forget that this is a Saga. They're not going to tie up all of the Crytum and Primordium strings in the first game. Just because characters are there, does not mean that they have to be present in the first game. Each of these little spoils just eats at me.

Maybe I should have clarified and said somewhere in this trilogy if not mentioned in this first game.

So i have been asking around And no one has giving me an answer. But is that halo 4 LE OST worth picking up even with its 75 USD price tag??? it look like it is packed with content But IDK if it is worth it in the long run.

What's the name of the Forge map on the Asteroid? Is it Impact, or is that the base map name?

Regardless, I just saw a video from the same dude that Elzar linked earlier. They play on the Forge map, and I noticed that there are some pieces that move of their own accord. Can't tell what they are though, I'm watching on my phone. They might be the pieces that resemble the center engine on Condemned.
Impact is the Forge Map. Relay is the 343i created map on that environment.

IHaveIce

Banned
the symbol also doesn't mean it has to be in this game for 100% .

But even if, it was pretty much a given

Maybe I should have clarified and said somewhere in this trilogy if not mentioned in this first game.

Oh, no worries. My belief has been that there has been so much backstory created in the Forerunner saga that is HAS to be spread over the course of the trilogy (or saga) for it to make sense. I feel that there is far too much backstory to cram into one game. I just hope it is paced well across the games. And yeah, I fully expect the vast majority or characters and pieces of fiction from the Forerunner saga to make it through in the games.

But yeah, now knowing that spoiler in regards to Halo 4, I hope you can see how I find it disappointing to learn about.

the symbol also doesn't mean it has to be in this game for 100% .

But even if, it was pretty much a given

It was NOT a given...

Players of the Halo series communicated to Community Relations that campaign theater was not important and could be cut from the game's budget to make room for newer, better features and they listened.

Community relations has practically zero say on design decisions. They could have told them, "Hey, players are going to be upset that's not in there," but that's about as far as that process goes.

TheOddOne

Regardless, I just saw a video from the same dude that Elzar linked earlier. They play on the Forge map, and I noticed that there are some pieces that move of their own accord. Can't tell what they are though, I'm watching on my phone. They might be the pieces that resemble the center engine on Condemned.
I think the environment is called Impact, the map created on it is not yet named as far as I know.

Pavaloo

I absolutely, 100 percent disagree. Community is a different beast from public relations. PR is company-focused while community relations is customer-focused. Both are mouthpieces for the company, but community's number one goal is to provide feedback from fans to the company, while PR's number one goal is to increase communication and promote company goals to the press and consumer.

Fans are consumers at the end of the day.

Oh, no worries. My belief has been that there has been so much backstory created in the Forerunner saga that is HAS to be spread over the course of the trilogy (or saga) for it to make sense. I feel that there is far too much backstory to cram into one game. I just hope it is paced well across the games. And yeah, I fully expect the vast majority or characters and pieces of fiction from the Forerunner saga to make it through in the games.

But yeah, now knowing that spoiler in regards to Halo 4, I hope you can see how I find it disappointing to learn about.
I just figured most people would have assumed that by now I guess.

willow ve

For all the flack this thread gave Moa for posting pictures that had potential spoilers in them you sure are all discussing the spoiler an awful lot...

Pavaloo

I didn't realize the pics had spoilers in them at all until people complained there were spoilers. Now I just lost my state of blissful ignorance lol

I just figured most people would have assumed that by now I guess.

I honestly had a much different vision for how this trilogy would be paced regarding the ending of Primordium.

Posted this on Waypoint a while back, summed up what I believed would happen regarding the stories.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst89489_343-wasn-t-lying-about-hinting--Spoilers.aspx

If link doesn't work, here is a brief summary. Crytum and Primordium Spoilers. It is a 4 month old post, so yeah.

Now some of you might be questioning the Didact as the enemy since he wasn't exactly made to be one on Greg Bears Forerunner saga. Well let me tell you this, we have 1 book to go, and the books took place a 100,000 years ago. That leaves plenty of room for a character to change.

But what about the Precursors? Surely all this talk about hinting at things to come makes me look like I'm cherry picking info, but I'm not. This is a trilogy of games we are talking about, and the Terminals, Glasslands and Forerunner Saga are meant to build a foundation for this trilogy. 3 games, plenty can happen. So let's lay a quick road map of possible things to come.

At the end of Primordium, Chakas monitor, (identified as Guilty Spark by the ONI team) states that he finally knows where to find the Librarian after 100,000 years of searching. He hijacks an ONI ship and starts his expedition. That was all the info we are left with, but let's look at the big picture.

Didact without Librarian, not a good time. Hints of a Precursor return, really bad time. Chakas monitor knows where to find the Librarian, things are looking up. If Chakas does manage to find the Librarian and reunite her with the Didact, our conflict with the Didact and his army will most likely end. This is the perfect time to introduce the Precursors as the ultimate enemy in which Humanity, the Didact and his Prometheans, and possibly Covenant have to unite against this terrible threat. I don't expect anything like this to happen in Halo 4, but remember, it's a trilogy.

zlatko

Banned
For all the flack this thread gave Moa for posting pictures that had potential spoilers in them you sure are all discussing the spoiler an awful lot...

I'm lucky I am at work and ignored his post and those discussing it without even trying to.

I swear on all that is holy if I learned the ending to H4 before I get it, the person responsible will lose his head.(Not sure what Moa spoiled, but anything would piss me off, but the ending would be the next level of hate and shooting daggers from my eyes at them)

Edit: Want to buy Fall of Reach soon to TRY and read. Any suggestions on where to do it from? I see Amazon has it for around 8 dollars.

Fans are consumers at the end of the day.

I should have used the same word.

Here's what I meant in a shorter way. The main goal for each position is:

Community relations -> bring information into the company
Public relations -> deliver information from the company to the consumer and press

Of course, community managers wear many hats. In some companies, the community manager is the primary information courier to the consumer. I think these are the most effective CMs. But it's rare that community managers are the ones to talk to the press. That is a vital role. Having a dedicated PR/marketing team is essential to the success of larger companies.

The distinction between the two is blurry, but to say that community managers are there to shill a product is, in my experience, entirely inaccurate.

Pavaloo

I think if anyone here has seen the terminals in Halo 3 and knows the Didact's involvement in Halo 4, this shouldn't come as a surprise at all. I don't even read any extended Halo lore and I expected it after remembering the conversations in the terminals.

Gray Man

Banned
Send Moa back to waypoint, grab your pitchforks and torches.

Very Minor Spoiler.
I'm not serious, also the Diadact is the bad guy spoiler alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom