• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

So with that guys video of the menu I decided to update my loadout list

Primary Weapon:
  • Assault Rifle - Default
  • Battle Rifle - 1 SP
  • Designated Marksman Rifle - 1 SP
  • Storm Rifle - 2 SP
  • Carbine - 2 SP
  • Suppressor - 2 SP
  • Lightrifle - 2 SP
Secondary Weapon:
  • Magnum - Default
  • Plasma Pistol - 2 SP
  • Boltshot - 2 SP
Grenade Type:
  • Frag Grenade - Default
  • Plasma Grenade - 2 SP
  • Pulse Grenade - 2 SP
Armor Ability:
  • None
  • Promethean Vision - 2 SP
  • Thruster Pack - 2 SP
  • Hologram - 3 SP
  • Jetpack - 3 SP
  • Hardlight Shield - 3 SP
  • Active Camo - 3 SP
  • Autosentry - 3 SP
  • Regen Field - 3 SP
Tactical Package:
  • None
  • Mobility: Unlimited Sprint - 1 SP
  • Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff - 1 SP
  • Resupply: Pick up grenades from fallen Spartans - 1 SP
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff - 1 SP
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity - 1 SP
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons - 1 SP
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus - 0 SP*
  • Requisition: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop - 0 SP*
  • Wheelman: Lessened EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff - 0 SP*
Support Upgrade:
  • None
  • Ammo: Hold more Ammo, Loadout & Ordnance Drops - 1 SP
  • Dexterity: Faster reloads and weapon swaps - 1 SP
  • Sensor: Increased Motion Tracker Range - 1 SP
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped - 1 SP
  • Explosive: Increased grenade blast radius and decreased damage - 1 SP
  • Ordnance Priority: Decreased threshold for Personal Ordnance - 1 SP
  • Stability: Lessened flinch while shot in scope - 0 SP*
  • Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret - 0 SP*
  • Drop Recon: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops - 0 SP*
  • Nemesis: HUD icon for player who last killed you (temporary) - 0 SP*
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassinations, dampened
    footsteps - 0 SP*

* Unlocked via Specializations

Interesting that the Mods are all 1 point each

So that leaves 52 SP to be able to completely unlock everything

They said in the bulletin everything will be available by SR-26, and you can buy everything by SR-50

Which is strange considering there are 2 points leftover, but in the bulletin it also says this

"At each rank, you will earn one or more Spartan Points (SP)"

So idk whats up with that, there would only be 2 possible ranks where you could be granted more than 1 point or you would have an overstock (god damn halo reach)

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I like this, doesnt someone have a spreadsheet of the levels that certain items are available? We should team up ;p

I think this will be a fun ascent to 50, I like the RPG element of saving points and picking things along the way.

7NB3Q.jpg

aLSaS.gif

Woorloog

Banned
I swear, Haven has similar melody in the beginning as High Charity Suite.

I can hear hints and echoes of Marty's soundtracks in Neil's Halo 4 tracks.

EDIT also, i will save for the Lightrifle, i won't buy either DMR or Battle Rifle at first if possible. Why buy either one when the LR is combination of them?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So with that guys video of the menu I decided to update my loadout list

Primary Weapon: 10 SP
  • Designated Marksman Rifle - 1 SP
Support Upgrade: 6 SP
  • Dexterity: Faster reloads and weapon swaps - 1 SP
These shall be my first purchases.

PS: Thanks for the list!

<snip>

Anyways, I like this, doesnt someone have a spreadsheet of the levels that certain items are available? We should team up ;p

I think this will be a fun ascent to 50, I like the RPG element of saving points and picking things along the way.

I am really interested to see this. Where did you get your info from?

TCKaos

So that leaves 52 SP to be able to completely unlock everything

They said in the bulletin everything will be available by SR-26, and you can buy everything by SR-50

Which is strange considering there are 2 points leftover, but in the bulletin it also says this

So idk whats up with that, there would only be 2 possible ranks where you could be granted more than 1 point or you would have an overstock (god damn halo reach)

----------------------------------------------------------

You're forgetting about armor. You might be able to "unlock" everything by 26 in the same vain that by the time you reached General in Reach you could "unlock" everything, but earning the cR to do so takes literally thousands of games.

Woorloog

Banned
A combination of their firing modes, nothing else.

Well... it has 3x scope, 4sk while scoped..
Is it hitscan?
Looks and sounds good though. Like that.

I wonder if Suppressor is worth using. Steelyuhas swears by Storm Rifle and i'm inclined to belive that. But i'd like to use either the AR or the Suppressor as my CQB weapon. When not using the Boltshot.

nillapuddin

You're forgetting about armor. You might be able to "unlock" everything by 26 in the same vain that by the time you reached General in Reach you could "unlock" everything, but earning the cR to do so takes literally thousands of games.

armor doesnt cost points, only gameplay items

bulletin said:
When you meet the prerequisite, you will gain access to the items automatically; you do not need to spend Spartan Points.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am really interested to see this. Where did you get your info from?

guy with a buncha youtube videos out today

edit: here

------------------------------------------------------------

These shall be my first purchases.

PS: Thanks for the list!

your welcome buddy :)

DeadNames

Banned
Well... it has 3x scope, 4sk while scoped..
Is it hitscan?
Looks and sounds good though. Like that.

I wonder if Suppressor is worth using. Steelyuhas swears by Storm Rifle and i'm inclined to belive that. But i'd like to use either the AR or the Suppressor as my CQB weapon. When not using the Boltshot.

The Suppressor looks near useless IMO. Massive spread, not hitscan, etc.

Some gameplay items cost multiple points which is important to consider.

Pay 1 point to have both DMR and BR or 2 points for AA? Its going to be a interesting trade off.

And by interesting I mean shitty and limiting.

Fuchsdh

You guys are perilously close to defending griefing as a good thing. It may be time to revisit the line of reasoning that got you there. Would it really improve the experience for Game of Thrones fans for you to throw out a three word spoiler of an event in a later book? Would telling those fans "ha!
Robb gets murdered
this season" really improve things for them? (Warning, ASOIAF spoiler.) Is it the end of the world? Nah. A serious crime? Nope. But have you increased their enjoyment? Seriously?

A huge fan of his; he's the guy that made me want to write stories. But what he's doing is something else entirely. There's no question that
he works up the reader in Dark Tower into a lather worrying Roland will die, and also works em up knowing that Eddie will.
(Dark Tower spoilers). That's different, though, it's not done of a spirit of hurtfulness, it's done through craft & it's part of the conversation b/t him and you. Joey the Troll doing drive-bys isn't part of that conversation.

I'm not defending people being dicks. I'm pointing out that research suggests it does not harm at worst and increased enjoyment at best. That's not an argument against common courtesy.

Not sure if serious...

Maybe I'm in the minority but that helmet was ridiculous.

No, the Hayabusa-loving people like myself are in the minority. It's COMPLETELY ridiculous, but as a Ninja Gaiden Black fanboy, it was like discovering peanut butter and chocolate go really well together.

Woorloog

Banned
The Suppressor looks near useless IMO. Massive spread, not hitscan, etc.

That's what's worrying me.
It doesn't help that the DMR has apparently faster kill time (ignoring other variables), as that shows the weapons are not created as "equal". What's the point of the Suppressor if it is worse than other choices for CQB? It certainly can't be useful at long rang.
And as a suppression weapon it would be worthless, suppressive fire just isn't a Halo thing.

TheOddOne

Some gameplay items cost multiple points which is important to consider.

Pay 1 point to have both DMR and Carbine or 2 points for AA? Its going to be a interesting trade off.

And by interesting I mean shitty and limiting.
It's the Blops system, which I hated. Then again, I hated the guns in Blops.

No, the Hayabusa-loving people like myself are in the minority. It's COMPLETELY ridiculous, but as a Ninja Gaiden Black fanboy, it was like discovering peanut butter and chocolate go really well together.
To be fair, I don't think you want 343 reminding you of the current state of affairs of the Ninja Gaiden series.

DeadNames

Banned
That's what's worrying me.
It doesn't help that the DMR has apparently faster kill time (ignoring other variables), as that shows the weapons are not created as "equal". What's the point of the Suppressor if it is worse than other choices for CQB? It certainly can't be useful at long rang.
And as a suppression weapon it would be worthless, suppressive fire just isn't a Halo thing.

The DMR seems to be the best gun in the game. I don't see a point in using anything other than it. Except the LR. That one looks to be good as well.

4 Shot BR to balance things out? And Legacy is an amazing track.

First thing I'm buying is the jetpack.

Word.

Woorloog

Banned
It's the Blops system, which I hated. Then again, I hated the guns in Blops.

Blops' system's only problem was that the weapons and other stuff had level requirement. Take that away and "buy your stuff" works just fine.

The DMR seems to be the best gun in the game. I don't see a point in using anything other than it. Except the LR. That one looks to be good as well.

4 Shot BR to balance things out? And Legacy is an amazing track.

Fuck DMR. I've gotten enough of it in Reach, don't want to touch it anymore. But i want to win. So... how the hell am i going to play?

JackHerer

Any idea how long it takes to actually rank up in this game? Hopefully it is not Reach levels of slow considering the ranks now affect gameplay options.

zlatko

Banned
Blops' system's only problem was that the weapons and other stuff had level requirement. Take that away and "buy your stuff" works just fine.

Fuck DMR. I've gotten enough of it in Reach, don't want to touch it anymore. But i want to win. So... how the hell am i going to play?

Carbine all day everyday.

http://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/Recruit
Study the images, you'll note it is kinda like angular ODST helmet.

That's my go to outfit and color scheme day one. :D

To be fair, I don't think you want 343 reminding you of the current state of affairs of the Ninja Gaiden series.

On the contrary, Hayabusa helmet in Halo 4 will mean it gets to appear in at least ONE good game this year.

*still SUPER fuckin' salty about how bad NG3 turned out to be*

edit: and ya'll niggas forgetting you got to unlock support packages and all that, b. Support Package is like, level 10 or something.

It is pretty weird that we didn't get some of the staple armor sets in Halo 4.. Then again, given the other things that are absent I guess I am not that surprised.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still prefer the DMR over the BR, though having the Halo 4 hitscan BR might make me change my opinion.

BR, Boltshot, Plasma, Thruster, Mobility, Dex. I'll have my full loadout before level 10.
But you'll only have 10 SP by level 10... right? That's not nearly enough to buy all that.

As you rank up, you will gain access to the Armor Ability slot (SR-3), the Tactical Package slot (SR-7), and the Support Upgrade slot (SR-12).
Oh yeah, and that.

Woorloog

Banned
AR for life then?

Well, i am AR user... though not to level Fyrewulf is.
Seriously, i'll use the BR or Lightrifle, they don't have as fast ROF as the Carbine. Pulling the trigger to shoot the Carbine as fast as possible hurts, pulling the trigger to shoot the BR/DMR/LR as fast as possible doesn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom