• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided on my loadout... I'm going to go less stealthy + melee and more ambush + grenades.

Primary: Light Rifle
Secondary: Boltshot
Grenade: Pulse Grenade
Armor Ability: Active Camo
Tactical Package: Grenadier
Support Upgrade: Explosives

:) They reduced pulse grenade from 2 to 1 in a loadout for a reason... starting off with 2 of those (grenadier) in addition to pumping their radius (explosives) should be amazing. Use camo to get the jump on my opponents, drop pulse to start with a 2 shot lead. Also camo's worst enemy is grenades since I'm crouching all the time.

I'll also be putting all my efforts into fully utilizing all the grenade drops. ;)

Some gameplay items cost multiple points which is important to consider.

Pay 1 point to have both DMR and BR or 2 points for AA? Its going to be a interesting trade off.

And by interesting I mean shitty and limiting.

That's only for unlocking them. After that, you can do any combination of items.

/pretendingToKnowSomethingSoPeopleClearThisUp

nillapuddin

That's only for unlocking them. After that, you can do any combination of items.

/pretendingToKnowSomethingSoPeopleClearThisUp

to initially unlock them yes, they cost a certain amount of points,
but there is no point limitation to what you can have in a loadout
aka, your loadout can only equal 15 SP worth of stuff

whatever you spend your points on, is yours forever, in any combination you can muster up

But you'll only have 10 SP by level 10... right? That's not nearly enough to buy all that.
BR's 1, Bolt 2, Plasma 2, Thrust 2, Mobility 1, Dex 1. So I'll need 9, which I should have by then.

As you rank up, you will gain access to the Armor Ability slot (SR-3), the Tactical Package slot (SR-7), and the Support Upgrade slot (SR-12).
I don't know all this confounded rpig stuff in mah halos, I'll still have the points!!1

one thing i like is no damn panting

that was irritating in reach
Agreed completely. Love that they took that out entirely. Don't like listening to my character breathe into my ear for the majority of the match.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So we were just notified at work that we're going to have an enormous Republican function on Nov 6th and they're taking away day off requests...

This could be bad. :_

Ah, I understand the distinction between the two you're making now. I agree to some degree, but I also feel like community managers aren't meant to be our "friends." (Not saying that you've said that, but I get that feeling from some posts) In that sense I mean, I don't think users are entitled to information if the studio is withholding it.

Aww. Being friends with the fans is my favorite part of the job.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
BR's 1, Bolt 2, Plasma 2, Thrust 2, Mobility 1, Dex 1. So I'll need 9, which I should have by then.
But you also have to purchase the slots to put them in, I believe.

Primary Weapon: 10 SP
Secondary Weapon: 4 SP
Grenade Type: 4 SP
Armor Ability: 22 SP
Tactical Package: 6 SP
Support Upgrade: 6 SP
That's going to take a lot longer than level 10.

Edit : I'm wrong. Don't listen to me.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
No, but they can shut down the channel due to copyright claims.

olloloolol

This video was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Halo 4 and or Halo: Reach, © Microsoft Corporation.

It's right fucking there. Their own TOS lets you upload shit as long as it isn't for monetary gain. You can't enable personal ads on the youtube channel.

Decided on my loadout... I'm going to go less stealthy + melee and more ambush + grenades.

Primary: Light Rifle
Grenade: Pulse Grenade
Armor Ability: Active Camo
Tactical Package: Grenadier
Support Upgrade: Explosives

:) They reduced pulse grenade from 2 to 1 in a loadout for a reason... starting off with 2 of those (grenadier) in addition to pumping their radius (explosives) should be amazing. Use camo to get the jump on my opponents, drop pulse to start with a 2 shot lead. Also camo's worst enemy is grenades since I'm crouching all the time.

I'll also be putting all my efforts into fully utilizing all the grenade drops. ;)

Primary: Battle Rifle
Grenade: Frag Grenade
Armor Ability: Thruster
Tactical Package: Fast-Track
Support Upgrade: Sensor Upgrade

Maybe this would be a little different if I knew where to find a full list of everything, but I can't.

heckfu

Banned
olloloolol

It's right fucking there. Their own TOS lets you upload shit as long as it isn't for monetary gain. You can't enable personal ads on the youtube channel.

Oh, Matlock over here can read a copyright claim, nice.

They've still been shutting down channels every day since the leak.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Right? Isn't that why each loadout category has an SP value? You have to purchase the mere ability to add something to your custom loadout before purchasing the item itself, or so I thought.

Edit : I'm wrong.

nillapuddin

Right? Isn't that why each loadout category has an SP value? You have to purchase the mere ability to add something to your custom loadout before purchasing the item itself, or so I thought.

naw homie, I was doing that for my own maths sake and forgot to take it out, my bad

you only buy specific things, not categories

TheOddOne

Oddball with passing seems like a much better idea for more open maps. All those twisty corridors just promotes players hogging the ball. If there is no real incentive to pass and promote team-play, why have it around still?

Personally, that video was way more annoying than any amount of CTF announcer repetition.
I think it's more about them just running around and trying the game out, they barely really try to win.

broony

HaloGAF podcast guys; I used the direct download link for the MP3 and only got just over an hour. Listened to the rest on YouTube.

Thanks for putting it together. Enjoyed it again. Looking forward to the discussions after launch. Really appreciate the work you guys put in.

Edit. Just downloaded it again to check and got the full show. No idea what happened the first time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://halogaf.com/2012/10/24/episode-9-nycc/

halogaf_radio1.jpg

Don't forget to check out the latest episode of HaloGAF Radio

edit: Broony, that's strange. Worked fine for me yesterday. Did you try restarting the download?

Glad you're enjoying the podcast, means a lot.

Raide

*squeal* Totally pumped for a forge bulletin. It has been long needed...

Finally! Hopefully its not just "We got Magnets and Shadows Bitches!!!!"

I would like to hear what their plans are for Forge Updates, what they are doing for the Community when it comes to submitting new maps and if they are making a BungiePro copy for Halo 4.

Raide

I think it's more about them just running around and trying the game out, they barely really try to win.

So Oddball is still just holding the ball till time expires? Shame they cannot combine multiple goals to bank the Ball, get points and then it resets. Damn, now that sounds like Headhunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom