• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Based on concept art/descriptions...

Crimson Map Pack
- Wreckage & Harvest look/sound boring. Shatter takes place on a moon, there already is a forge environment on a moon, not sure how to feel about that.

Majestic Map Pack - Looks/sounds like the best of the bunch, I hope it's as good as it seems.

Castle Map Pack - Daybreak looks just like Complex another open area with boxes and ramps. Outcast and Perdition could be good though.

Other thoughts: bsangel has them listed in a different order than the way they are displayed.

Yea Vortex looked pretty bland when I watched it two weeks ago.

I do like that the map packs seem to be coming really quick after release though.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Map List

Something is missing from the map list... I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'm not as concerned after Tashi said their 2v2 customs went well on a couple maps. Alternative of any potential, future Dubs and Arena-type playlists becoming a Forge fest, I wonder if there are any good parts of the developer maps you could section off.

BigShow36

I'm not as concerned after Tashi said their 2v2 customs went well on a couple maps. Alternative of any potential, future Dubs and Arena-type playlists becoming a Forge fest, I wonder if there are any good parts of the developer maps you could section off.

I've been keeping my eye out for that as well. It just depends on how many objects we're given with non-forge specific maps.

I got three minutes in, and had to close the tab. I can't fathom how people can just stand there as a grenade rolls at their feet.

343 has hired llamas as playtesters. That is the only logical possibility.

I stopped after the complete failure to take out the overshield guy. First the failed thruster jump, then the failed assassination/melee, panic plasma shots, than just stand there like a deer in headlights as he kills you unopposed.

Usually it's one or two mistakes or brain farts...but an entire collection of them!?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped after the complete failure to take out the overshield guy. First the failed thruster jump, then the failed assassination/melee, panic plasma shots, than just stand there like a deer in headlights as he kills you unopposed.

Usually it's one or two mistakes or brain farts...but an entire collection of them!?
That's exactly where I left off too, haha.

11 DAYS. AHHHHHHHEUHFWSIfhewiafhie3uha !!!

I'm going to play from ~1AM until my eyes bleed out, go to comp sci class in the morning and read HaloGAF and count the minutes until I'm home playing again.

Thinking about it, they should've made the flagnum the bolt shot. With its equipping animation it makes the most sense for something that appears out of nowhere and forms in your hand.

Honestly I just never want to use the pistol in Halo 4, that thing is a depressing shadow of its former self. Get that overly bloomy redheaded stepchild with a measly clip out of my face.

Nice to have a full list of Forge Bits finally but it looks mostly filled with Reach bits. I was hoping for more Prefab items to decorate and build the maps with. Also it would have been nice to say how many of each item we are restricted too, or if it is just as many as we want until the quota is filled.

The biggest deal in the forge lists are the Dominion pieces... holy hell. I wonder if you can make them visible in other gametypes... *crosses fingers*. Below are the significant pieces to forgers:

Explosives
Fuel Canister

Man Cannons
Gravity Lift, Heavy

Gravity Volumes
Gravity Volume, 5x5
Gravity Volume, 5x5 Inv
Gravity Volume, 10x10
Gravity Volume, 10x10 Inv

Trait Zone
Trait Zone

Special FX
No Purple

Spawning
Respawn Zone, Weak Anti

Ordnance Drop
Initial Drop
Random Drop
Objective Drop

Objective Objects
Extraction Decal

Extraction Targets
Extraction Crate, Small
Extraction Crate, Medium
Extraction Crate Cylinder

Dominion Objects
Base Terminal
Base Turret
Base Stripes

Dominion Base Shields
Base Shield, Small
Base Shield, Medium
Base Shield, Large

Dominion Vehicle Pads
Vehicle Pad, Ghost
Vehicle Pad, Banshee
Vehicle Pad, Wraith
Vehicle Pad, Mongoose
Vehicle Pad, Warthog
Vehicle Pad, Rocket Hog
Vehicle Pad, Gauss Hog
Vehicle Pad, Mantis
Vehicle Pad, Scorpion

Dominion Barricades
Line Upgrade Barricade
Corner Upgrade Barricade
Winged Upgrade Barricade

Base Status Monitors
Base Monitor
Monitor, 4Foot

Turret Status Monitors
Turret Monitor, Small
Turret Monitor, Large

Antennas
Antenna, Small
Antenna, Large

Visuals
Terminal Battery
Terminal Case
Terminal Light
Terminal Wires, 1
Terminal Wires, 2
Terminal Wires, 3
Terminal Wires Junc. Box

Pallets
Pallet
Pallet, Large
Pallet, Metal

Structure - Impact
Station, Console
Station, Core
Station, Corridor
Station, Ramp
Station, 90
Station, 45
Station, 4 Way Lrg Cap
Station, 4 Way Lrg
Station, 4 Way
Station, T
Station, Airlock
Station, Transistion
Station, Door Jam
Station, Door Jam 2
Station, Airlock, SML
UNSC Tower
UNSC 2 Story
UNSC 1 Story
Silo 1
Silo 2
Silo 2, Closed
Silo 3
Central Floor Cap

Structure - Ravine
Artifact Base
Base 1
Base 2, Left
Base 2, Right
Bridge Wall
Catwalk 1
Catwalk Lip

Structure - Erosion
Pipe, 1x2
Pipe, 45
Pipe, Cross
Pipe, Curved
Pipe, End
Pipe, Slanted
Pipe, Y

Guyz, I'm ready for Halo 4:

moutain-dew-dorito-cupcakes.jpg

...I'd eat it...

86vPe.gif

Pretty much a failure because he or she was expecting the plasma pistol to charge up, and it wasn't happening.

Yeah quality of the gameplay was terrible. Still happy 343 are finally giving us direct feed footage. BTB will be a lot of fun with personal ordnance drops. I cant wait to go in and just get handed a Binary Rifle lol.

And also at least they showed off a decent cross section of the sandbox.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah quality of the gameplay was terrible. Still happy 343 are finally giving us direct feed footage.
Yeah, that was actually the first footage I've seen of Vortex. While I'd probably trade one of the big maps for another small map, I'm REALLY happy that 343 is bringing on a BTB revival.

Flashing red or yellow lights for Forge. Were they in Reach too? I wonder if those lights will have properties of some kind to tinker with/

Being honest, I didn't have a problem with the quality of the player, but I do seem to be in the minority.

-------------------------------------------------------------
So is anyone looking at FUD's view statistics? Do we have any idea of expectations for them?

Woorloog

Banned
Flashing red or yellow lights for Forge. Were they in Reach too? I wonder if those lights will have properties of some kind to tinker with/

Yes they were. But lights were limited to 2 max per map. Which made them kinda pointless, IMO. You could mark bases with them... for 2 team games.

Being honest, I didn't have a problem with the quality of the player, but I do seem to be in the minority.

Good players are generally more interesting and enjoyable watch. Especially if you're a good player, seeing easy-to-avoid mistakes is annoying.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
My concern w/ the BTB focus is those are the worst games are far as lag and performance by a mile. I assume H4 is an improvement in that regard compared to past titles in the series- but still.

blamite

Yeah they were in Reach. They just fade in and out every 4 seconds or so. Not t ton of new forge objects other than the map specific ones it seems. Gadgets and toys seem pretty identical, at least.

Anyone manage to get anything out of the Section 3 thing yet?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I got three minutes in, and had to close the tab. I can't fathom how people can just stand there as a grenade rolls at their feet.

343 has hired llamas as playtesters. That is the only logical possibility.

Testing and balancing based on the lowest common denominator. That's good planning, right?
They just wanted to show off the killcam. /spindoctor

I don't know how it works for you folks & press embargo's.. But at this point it seems like most game play related material is online to watch.

That said, it would be cool to watch some Live Streams of Halo 4 MP. (from 343/Friend)

Not sure if that would ever work, but it would be popular as hell I am sure.

Should I even bother skimming through the past pages? Luckily I missed the page with Moa's pics, but frikkin Demon posted two pics that caught me.. IDK why I clicked "view post" ;\

Come on guys, why are we still posting Campaign pics/info in here so close to launch?

The Great Journey is about to begin. But, when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind spoilernewbs.

Tawpgun

Map List

Small (0)

Small/Med (0)

Med (3)
Abandon
Haven
Solace

Med/Large (2)
Adrift
Complex

Large (5)
Exile
Longbow
Meltdown
Ragnarok
Vortex

Something is missing from the map list... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Haha what?

Haven is definitely small by Halo 4 standards. Keep in mind you have sprint on by default. Midship with fucking sprint would be TERRIBLE.

Haven is a small map. and there is NO way Adrift is small-med. You can get to the enemy base SO fast on that map. My only issue with it is sightlines suck. It kinda reminds me of a smaller version of Condemned.

The Pit is bigger than Haven and Adrift imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom