• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

I wonder if there's a way to make Dominion an asymmetrical gametype.

Lock down blue team in a room with a timed teleporter spawn. Have members of red team spawn in each base/capture point. After enough time has passed for red to cap the points have the teleporter spawn in the blue holding room and move them on to the map proper.

If you can't disable the last stand function of Dominion that would mean that blue team would only have one life until they could successfully take a base. I guess it'd pay to make their spawn room an armory or something - give them a fighting chance.

Ken

Halo 2:
The good
Mostly godlike maps, it was an arena shooter first, hitscan, agility, movement speed, objective gametypes that made sense

The bad
Hackers, cheaters, boosters, modders, glitchers, SMG starts

standbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

heckfu

Banned
Im not trying to insult you, so quit with the insults to me plox.

You saying "2games of reach- I'm annoyed, damn is this game a mess." Is clearly saying from those 2 games, the game is a mess. Why else would you have add it, if it wasnt relevant to the games? And what exactly is the issue that happened in those 2 games?

Not hating, Its just I certainly have never understood all the hate it gets.

You were abrasive earlier, that's why the insults followed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
kittens is coming around.
Coming around? I agreed from the beginning that Reach is better than 3. It's just not something I say enthusiastically. If 3 had Reach's netcode and damage feedback, I would vastly prefer it. The frequency with which my shots don't land or that I instantly die from an invisible Spartan Laser blast makes Halo 3 frustrating enough that I prefer Reach. If only Reach had more than three good maps...

You know, despite all my time on HaloGAF, I still don't understand you weirdos who prefer Halo 1 MP over Halo 2 MP. What is it? Is it just the 3SK pistol?

Fuchsdh

I wonder if there's a way to make Dominion an asymmetrical gametype.

Aka a better version of Invasion? Let's hope so. Start one team off with all the bases save one, and lay them out in a line with shields to separate phases?

You know, despite all my time on HaloGAF, I still don't understand you weirdos who prefer Halo 1 MP over Halo 2 MP. What is it? Is it just the 3SK pistol?

My best playlist is Anniversary Classic. But I can't ever say I enjoyed Halo CE vastly more, or it was because of the pistol. Hell, I just camped with the shotgun in the corridors of Hang 'em High most of the time.

JHall

I was thinking about your posts regarding super quick kill times, faster movement and dropping the aim assist.

I'm curious how this would translate into the online space. I'd think any lag would just be completely compounded by moving these things too far in that direction. If you talked about this a lot before, I apologize.

Granted, I really can't base any experience on this. Any twitchy PC shooters I've played won't do any good because I am absolute trash w/ a keyboard/mouse.

Super-quick kill times can be negated by by not necessarily faster movement speed, but better strafes like in Halo CE/2 and lowering of the aim assist.

I don't know if you ever played Halo CE or 2, but you actually walked fairly slow. The difference was the insta-movement to maximum speed and no inertia while strafing left to right. I want you to go watch an Ogre 1 or 2 Halo CE gameplay on youtube. You will see there may be only one three shot kill with the pistol, it's not as overpowered as some of you think.

Trey

New car smell would be my answer. It blew me away how much fun I had playing it. I would play 1v1s on Sidewinder and have a ball.

Nostalgia, certainly.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Post-patch meles were still momentum based and three hits to kill. The melees in 3 onward have been dog shit.

But they changed it so the health didn't play a dominant role

It ended up as if both people hit at the same time while walking on the ground while both had no shield.... Both would die

It was terrible

Nowise10

I know between 2 and 3 people who like my posts here.

Neato burrito.

It's just I already claimed Reach can be annoying/bad, and I showed my view on why I believe some people claim the game is so bad, and you just posted something along the lines of me saying "TEH GAME IS GOOD U R BUTTHURT", where only the butthurt line was true.

See where Im going??

I just love everything about it. I prefer its CTF, I prefer its vehicle handling, I like its grenades, I like its melee, I like it all. Now I'm no super gosu nerd at the arena aspect of it but I've never had more fun with BTB and objective types in the series than in CE. Primarily CTF, and primarily because it didn't gimp you as a flag carrier in any way. It was real deal CTF.

JHall

Coming around? I agreed from the beginning that Reach is better than 3. It's just not something I say enthusiastically. If 3 had Reach's netcode and damage feedback, I would vastly prefer it. The frequency with which my shots don't land or that I instantly die from an invisible Spartan Laser blast makes Halo 3 frustrating enough that I prefer Reach. If only Reach had more than three good maps...

It's not just the TSK pistol. It's the meta-game, that was much deeper than Halo 2 or any other Halo game for that matter.

For the record, I enjoy Halo 2 in a 4v4 enviroment more than CE 4v4. But. CE 2v2 blows every other Halo out of the water.

You will see there may be only one three shot kill with the pistol, it's not as overpowered as some of you think.

Yeah right, one weapon that can cross map kill a sniper, take out a rocket guy before he turns and gets a shot off or kill an approaching player trying to melee etc.

The 3sk pistol got boring and reduced the entire sandbox to one GOD weapon. Very OP!

Nerf it long range and perhaps mid/long then make it 4sk and the same skill curve as a the CE 3sk and I'd be fine with it in the Halo 4 sandbox actually.

That has to be the limit though when comparing it to the rest of the sandbox precision weapons.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Super-quick kill times can be negated by by not necessarily faster movement speed, but better strafes like in Halo CE/2 and lowering of the aim assist.

I don't know if you ever played Halo CE or 2, but you actually walked fairly slow. The difference was the insta-movement to maximum speed and no inertia while strafing left to right. I want you to go watch an Ogre 1 or 2 Halo CE gameplay on youtube. You will see there may be only one three shot kill with the pistol, it's not as overpowered as some of you think.

I played a lot- but with college buddies that quite frankly stunk... I probably missed out on a lot of the little things, really didn't have much reason to pay attention to them.

Do like thinking about stuff like that though- Watching old vids now.

orznge

Banned
Yeah right, one weapon that can cross map kill a sniper, take out a rocket guy before he turns and gets a shot off or kill an approaching player trying to melee etc.

The 3sk pistol got boring and reduced the entire sandbox to one GOD weapon. Very OP!

Nerf it long range and perhaps mid/long then make it 4sk and the same skill curve as a the CE 3sk and I'd be fine with it in the Halo 4 sandbox actually.

That's has to be the limit though when comparing it to the rest of the sandbox precision weapons.

wrong

It's not just the TSK pistol. It's the meta-game, that was much deeper than Halo 2 or any other Halo game for that matter.

For the record, I enjoy Halo 2 in a 4v4 enviroment more than CE 4v4. But. CE 2v2 blows every other Halo out of the water.

4v4 KOTH Chiron man, add this to your bucket list.

I remember on XBC 4boxes were a damn GOLD mine, especially when they consisted of good players. I would easily trade Halo 2/3/Reach for such an intense multiplayer experience again.

SMG starts were glorious.

YJz22.png

That has to be the limit though when comparing it to the rest of the sandbox precision weapons.

Dude. No. Please stop talking about Halo 1, seriously. You've openly admitted you lack any experience with it, especially in an online environment (PC doesn't count).

MrBig

Got a bottle of game fuel today. What did they do to that beautiful stuff? It tastes so watered down

anyway I don't care about double xp, code is in email tags, quote to see

JHall

4v4 KOTH Chiron man, add this to your bucket list.

I remember on XBC 4boxes were a damn GOLD mine, especially when they consisted of good players. I would easily trade Halo 2/3/Reach for such an intense multiplayer experience again.

YJz22.png

Chiron and Backwash are in a league of their own. So bad.

My opinion

Chiron and Backwash are in a league of their own. So bad.

My opinion

KOTH on Chiron, in. sane. Anything else on it sucked, especially for serious matches.. unless you were playing stickies/melee only, everyone camo ;]

This is the beauty of Halo 1. So competitive and casual friendly.

Seance

Banned
In many ways, yeah. But bloom, nerfed movement, and crappy maps make it hard to say that with any degree of enthusiasm.

This is exactly how I feel. Reach definitely has batter FoV, DMR>BR etc. But overall H3 is still the superior game. Easily.

JHall

KOTH on Chiron, in. sane. Anything else on it sucked, especially for serious matches.. unless you were playing stickies/melee only, everyone camo ;]

This is the beauty of Halo 1. So competitive and casual friendly.

That is something I completely agree with.

Striker

But they changed it so the health didn't play a dominant role

It ended up as if both people hit at the same time while walking on the ground while both had no shield.... Both would die

It was terrible
It was more host dependent then, so whoever had the better connection was likely going to win.

In Halo 3 they introduced all that shit with whoever had higher health prior to the melee hit was going to win, and after the patch they just gave it so both guys were killed. Add in the fact they buffed the melee damage from Halo 2 for some reason. Ended up being a circus for combat.

AR? Useless. Plasma Rifle? Useless. Shotgun? Useless. Sniper? Useless. Rocket Launcher? Useless.

Against a decent player with situational awareness and 3SK pistol then yes. More often than not the 3SK would win out.

For my brother and I we'd often make an honour rule to not use the pistol so we could play with the other weapons. Once someone started losing badly the pistol fights would break out again.

Same with 2v2 or 4v4. Do you even understand what team shooting with a 3sk pistol does? The weapons was far too overpowered. Fun for a while but ultimately a boring game, just like instant kill FPS's (for me anyway).

It was more host dependent then, so whoever had the better connection was likely going to win.

In Halo 3 they introduced all that shit with whoever had higher health prior to the melee hit was going to win, and after the patch they just gave it so both guys were killed. Add in the fact they buffed the melee damage from Halo 2 for some reason. Ended up being a circus for combat.

The melee issues throughout the life of Halo games online has more to do with online play than the melee mechanics themselves. It's why they keep changing it, so they can find the happiest medium for gamers the world over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom