• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

Soooo good. It's got the best pacing of any game I've ever played, which is a big reason why I've got it at #1, hehe.

Indeed. I am going to be sour about a lack of KOTOR 3 for probably the rest of my life.

I'm way lttp on Link to the Past. :(

No KotOR 3 ever!

tumblr_mbncp88aq21rpgfk0.gif

This may sound silly, but does any part of WolfGaf want to have a reunion tour on Reach leading up to Halo 4 starting tonight?
Already said I would do this, but nooooooooooooo, you wanted to watch Community.
Not if you want to feel like you're manning the cannon of a large naval vessel every time you pull the trigger.
Who wouldn't want to feel that.
Halo 3~Halo 2>Halo 1>Farming Simulator 2012>Halo: Reach
7796389932_0703b88b6f_o.gif

Bioshock 2 is great. For $10 that's a no brainer. Also MP is fantastic imo.

The MP in Bioshock 2 is a sleeper, it's pretty fun.

Glad to see so many people seem to have played Minerva's Den in here as well. Soooo good.

So I bought Metro 2033 the other day on XBL, I enjoyed the first few levels from what I played before but yeah, this game is dogshit. Saw Bioshock 2 on sale for $10 bucks. Worth it? I loved the first one.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Finally glad to hear another person say it. Fuckin' horrible.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Wait, when did John Cena show up in Halo? And why haven't I played this.

oh dear god, that just made me puke in my mouth a little.

Campaign:
Halo CE, Halo ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo Reach

Multi:
Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo Reach.

Oh, and inb4 someone tells me that i'm wrong and a terrible player because i liked Halo 3 more than Halo 2.

Bsigg12

oh dear god, that just made me puke in my mouth a little.

Campaign:
Halo CE, Halo ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo Reach

Multi:
Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo Reach.

Oh, and inb4 someone tells me that i'm wrong and a terrible player because i liked Halo 3 more than Halo 2.

Halo CE 16 player LANs still reign supreme for sheer amount of fun had. Xbox Live has taken away the need to gather to just play Halo unless it's an event. When CE came out, we had monthly LAN parties with 20-25 people there all to do nothing but drink a keg and play on Blood Gulch and Sidewinder in some amazing CTF matches.

Aww, the good ol' days.

GhaleonEB

Request:

I want to pull a couple weapons from the renders gallery on Waypoint for use on thumbnails, with a transparent background. But I'm having a heck of a time doing so from the dark backgrounds 343 added to the weapon renders. I got the UNSC weapon I wanted, but can't get a Carbine or Light Rifle. Could some kind image wizard pull them out as a .png with a transparent background?

feel

I miss Halo LANs. Pizza, beverages, a bunch of your best friends. Pure bliss. Now everyone's too busy raising a kid or something lol.

edit- Ram's avatar cracks me up every time

Nirvana

Well hello there, HaloGaf.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Basically made my way over here to avoid the ramblings of Waypoint and these days, the spoiler frenzy. This certainly seems like a much more amicable environment to have a discussion than most other forums.

Been knocking around Halo forums since getting well and truly hooked on Halo 2, clocking Legendary upwards of 10 times; likely one of my most played campaigns of any game. I'm hoping for some Covenant-based story elements in Halo 4, but since the focus is heavily on Master Chief and Cortana this time around, I doubt I'll get my wish; probably my only quibble with Halo 4 at this point - albeit a small and conjecture-based one.

Anyway, my Halo backstory is lengthy and not worth regailing in its entirety, so I'll stop short of a novella. The crux is that Halo 2 was my favourite by far of the Halo games, it had a perfect combination of storytelling and gameplay and I'm hoping for a similar experience with 4.

Hopefully I'll have something of actual import to add to the forums at a later date, but an introduction to my inspirational story of fortitude, despair and a few laughs along the way will be a good start to my Neogaf journey.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Long time lurker, first time poster. Basically made my way over here to avoid the ramblings of Waypoint and these days, the spoiler frenzy. This certainly seems like a much more amicable environment to have a discussion than most other forums.

Been knocking around Halo forums since getting well and truly hooked on Halo 2, clocking Legendary upwards of 10 times; likely one of my most played campaigns of any game. I'm hoping for some Covenant-based story elements in Halo 4, but since the focus is heavily on Master Chief and Cortana this time around, I doubt I'll get my wish; probably my only quibble with Halo 4 at this point - albeit a small and conjecture-based one.

Anyway, my Halo backstory is lengthy and not worth regailing in its entirety, so I'll stop short of a novella. The crux is that Halo 2 was my favourite by far of the Halo games, it had a perfect combination of storytelling and gameplay and I'm hoping for a similar experience with 4.

Hopefully I'll have something of actual import to add to the forums at a later date, but an introduction to my inspirational story of fortitude, despair and a few laughs along the way will be a good start to my Neogaf journey.

You're off to a good start with that avatar.

But I'll be watching you!

Other than that, welcome!

Ramirez

Get him boys!

IXgKH.gif

Tashi, I might have to admit defeat and retire Toshi, I can't believe Trasher conspired against me!

Tashi

Get him boys!

http://i.imgur.com/IXgKH.gif[IMG]

Tashi, I might have to admit defeat and retire Toshi, I can't believe Trasher conspired against me![/QUOTE]

If you really mind it that much I'll just take it down.

BTW, PM title..."Ramirez Scum" :lol

feel

Lmao Tashi

Welcome.

Trey

Welcome.

Would never be able to compile a truly ranked list of my favorite games, so I'll just list some of my faves in general. Think of it more like a progression-based system.

This list will be SANS-HALO TITLES, and will only include one title from any particular franchise...

Zone of the Enders
Bioshock
Forza Motorsport 4
Borderlands
NFL 2K5
Gran Turismo 4
Metal Gear Solid 2
Mass Effect 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Fear Effect (don't hate)
Ace Combat 5
Resident Evil 2
Test Drive: Le Mans
Gears of War 3
World Games (C64)
Skate or Die (C64)
MegaMan X
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Super Mario 64
Killer Instinct Gold (where's my XBLA version, dammit)
GoldenEye 64
StarFox 64

Sanjuro

Not on Legendary, I'm slowly making my way through Two Betrayals.

Sounds more like a Luke PM title, he must be rubbing off on him.

Let me know if you need some assistance. I'm only on Silent Cartographer and want to punch a hole through the tele.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Finally glad to hear another person say it. Fuckin' horrible.

I'm pissed, I had played it before and thought it was cool, but holy shit the further I got in it today the more I wanted to pull my hair out. Glad I have a nerf gun and the enemies have AKs with armor piercing rounds. So bad, so pissed I bought it. I deleted that shitty game off my Xbox.

Across all platforms, in no particular order:

Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Wars
Rome Total War
Pokemon Ruby
Banjo Tooie
Halo CEA
Age of Empires
Assassin's Creed
AC2
AC Brotherhood (the ending of this one was the death of that franchise for me)

nillapuddin

Request:

I want to pull a couple weapons from the renders gallery on Waypoint for use on thumbnails, with a transparent background. But I'm having a heck of a time doing so from the dark backgrounds 343 added to the weapon renders. I got the UNSC weapon I wanted, but can't get a Carbine or Light Rifle. Could some kind image wizard pull them out as a .png with a transparent background?

I shouldnt have abandoned my "get a transparent render of all the weapons" project

i had the entire thing but didnt like it and deleted it : /

edit:
I guess Ill start it back up again lol

Request:

What program are you using? If its photoshop, try the quick select tool and experiment with refine edge and defringing. My go to is usually the pen tool when I want really great cutouts though.

CyReN

Puckett just finished the schedule for MLG next week (with the help of u4iX). Friday going to be a great night.

8pm Friday: 2009 Str8 (T2, Legit, Snipedown, Elamite) vs. TD (SK, Heinz, Hysteria, Pistola) Pending confirmation

JHall

Puckett just finished the schedule for MLG next week (with the help of u4iX). Friday going to be a great night.

8pm Friday: 2009 Str8 (T2, Legit, Snipedown, Elamite) vs. TD (SK, Heinz, Hysteria, Pistola) Pending confirmation

Mother of God.

2006 Carbon vs Final Boss would be so epic

Tashi

Whoaa. Very cool!

edit; We should get FB(Ogre 1, Ogre 2, Saiyan, Walshy) vs Carbon (Karma, Gho57ayame, Ghandi, ShockWav3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom