• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

Puckett just finished the schedule for MLG next week (with the help of u4iX). Friday going to be a great night.

8pm Friday: 2009 Str8 (T2, Legit, Snipedown, Elamite) vs. TD (SK, Heinz, Hysteria, Pistola) Pending confirmation

And that's for the Halo 4 Tourney, correct?

If so I can't wait.

I'm pissed, I had played it before and thought it was cool, but holy shit the further I got in it today the more I wanted to pull my hair out. Glad I have a nerf gun and the enemies have AKs with armor piercing rounds. So bad, so pissed I bought it. I deleted that shitty game off my Xbox.

Not to mention the market system was so retarded. But yeah - "poke my head out. Dead..."

Nirvana

Top 10 games of all time? I'll try top 20; in terms of personal impact. There are likely others that I've forgotten and around 10 the list loses traction in terms of specific order, but the big ones are all there.

1. Breath of Fire 2
2. Doom (1/2/TNT/Plutonia)
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Halo 2
5. Perfect Dark
6. Secret of Evermore
7. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
8. Metroid Prime
9. Skyrim
10. Super Mario 3
11. Halo CE
12. Ogre Battle
13. Halo 3
14. Super Smash Bros. (1/Melee/Brawl)
15. Fallout 3
16. Mass Effect 1/2
17. Streets of Rage 1/2
18. Pokemon Red/Blue
19. Command and Conquer: Red Alert (/Retaliation)
20. Call of Duty 4

CyReN

Top games

1. Halo CE
  2. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
  3. Fallout 3
  4. Halo 2
  5. Mario 64
  6. BioShock
  7. Perfect Dark
  8. Skyrim
  9. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  10. Metroid Fusion

Any lists without Shenmue, PSO, & Hotel Dusk are not lists I can get behind.

I played halfway through Hotel Dusk, and I loved every second of it. I need to find my copy and finish it.

My Top Ten Favorite Games:

#10: Super Mario Sunshine
#9: Halo 3: ODST
#8: Pokemon Red/Blue
#7: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
#6: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
#5: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
#4: Command and Conquer: Renegade
#3: Mario Kart DS
#2: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
#1: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Honorable Mentions:
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Jet Force Gemini
- Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- Serious Sam
- Portal

Omni

I hear the game has horrendous lag in co-op, never tried it myself.

(from other page)

I've playing through Halo CEA coop over Live on Legendary. We're up to the Library, but it's pretty smooth sailing. Obviously it helps if you both have good connections and live near each other (well in this case... the same country)

Hmm top ten you say.

1. Halo 2
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
3. Super Mario Brothers 3
4. Duck Hunt
5. Pokemon Blue
6. Super Metroid
7. Wii Sports
8. Metroid Prime
9. Donkey Kong Country
10. Links Awakening

These are the ten games I have played more than just about any other or had incomparable amounts of fun doing so. Outside of Metroid Prime each one of these was a multiplayer experience, and will be forever one of my favorite games. from endless nights of Halo 2 on Xbox Live to Melee tournaments with friends. Great memories of Duck Hunt with my grandpa and beating Mario and Donkey kong with my brothers growing up.

For these reasons those above games will forever be in my top ten. I actually am really glad someone started everyone listing theirs, I wouldn't have thought back about all of those great memories if they hadn't :)

I played halfway through Hotel Dusk, and I loved every second of it. I need to find my copy and finish it.

My Top Ten Favorite Games:

#10: Super Mario Sunshine
#9: Halo 3: ODST
#8: Pokemon Red/Blue
#7: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
#6: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
#5: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
#4: Command and Conquer: Renegade
#3: Mario Kart DS
#2: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
#1: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Honorable Mentions:
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Jet Force Gemini
- Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- Serious Sam
- Portal

That would be my number 11. Thanks for reminding me.

nillapuddin

Request:

I want to pull a couple weapons from the renders gallery on Waypoint for use on thumbnails, with a transparent background. But I'm having a heck of a time doing so from the dark backgrounds 343 added to the weapon renders. I got the UNSC weapon I wanted, but can't get a Carbine or Light Rifle. Could some kind image wizard pull them out as a .png with a transparent background?

heres boltshot, heres carbine and heres LR

Enfinit

Puckett just finished the schedule for MLG next week (with the help of u4iX). Friday going to be a great night.

8pm Friday: 2009 Str8 (T2, Legit, Snipedown, Elamite) vs. TD (SK, Heinz, Hysteria, Pistola) Pending confirmation

Holy shit, Str8 from '09 is getting back together? This is going to be really, really fun to watch.

I was going to say a man with good taste until I read Super Mario Sunshine.

Hub-world Mario with a unique game mechanic, killer soundtrack and a ton of great memories. Not the most polished entry in the series, but it took risks, which is more than I can say of the series as of late.

Interesting. Go out and drink or watch a Halo 4 tourney?

Go out and drink. Halo will be there later.

Interesting. Go out and drink or watch a Halo 4 tourney?

CyReN

Expertzone came out with their Halo 4 manual thing earlier, good breakdown for stuff too.
TFIad.jpg

YApmd.jpg

HGgl5.jpg

oFYPb.jpg

FMPNi.jpg

Omni

^^^ And suddenly Mobile GAF just had a heart attack

Edit. You fixed it. Anyway... that's actually pretty cool. :)

Completely offtopic... but just got an email saying ACIII is on its way to my house! :D

Redford

aka Cabbie
I still don't get how Armor mods work, that guide makes it seem like they are unlocked through specializations. I thought the ones listed in the second last pic were basically a second perk slot that you bought with SP. @_@ But some of them match specializations, like the Stealth one.

For the first time in a while I have nothing going on that night, this is nice.

Also I played SMS for a long time before taking a moment to consider just how fucking weird it was.

2games of reach- I'm annoyed, damn is this game a mess.

Lol I usually only last one game before I can't take it seriously anymore - can't be said enough how much of an improvement halo 4 is - despite all the cutbacks I will spend vastly more time with that game than I did with reach

The core gameplay that already existed in Halo 1, 2, and 3? The one that they finally decided to show in the reticule? The one people cried about until they did a terrible half-baked job of changing to try and draw back people that stopped playing and still didn't come back after the change, leaving Reach fans with a half done version of Halo 4 while 343 made Halo 4?

Hahaha

Hey fyrewulff go load up halo 1 - shoot at a wall but press the trigger like most people would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom