• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puckett just finished the schedule for MLG next week (with the help of u4iX). Friday going to be a great night.

8pm Friday: 2009 Str8 (T2, Legit, Snipedown, Elamite) vs. TD (SK, Heinz, Hysteria, Pistola) Pending confirmation
whaaaat

what does this mean for Instinct?

I pretty shocked that there isn't a Forerunner vehicle.
Yeah... Kinda weird how small the Promethean sandbox is.

I expected a few more returning favorites at least. When we were told there was only two new vehicles I assumed things like the Falcon and maybe the Chopper would for sure be back. Blah.

Tunavi

Banned
Should I buy Halo 4 from amazon with the $60 of credit I have stocked up there?

Or should I buy from microsoft store and get the $25 of credit to use on the season pass?

I miss Amazon doing $20 of credit for pre-orders.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Should I buy Halo 4 from amazon with the $60 of credit I have stocked up there?

Or should I buy from microsoft store and get the $25 of credit to use on the season pass?

I miss Amazon doing $20 of credit for pre-orders.

Yeah, Amazon not giving credit for games anymore plus adding sales tax to all purchases (in California) is making me think they're not that much better than buying games from GameStop anymore.

To answer your question, though, I think it depends on WHEN you want the game. Want to wait for UPS but not spend a dollar on the game or spend money on the game and get it at midnight but only get 25 dollars?

Loginius

I expected a few more returning favorites at least. When we were told there was only two new vehicles I assumed things like the Falcon and maybe the Chopper would for sure be back. Blah.

I still dont get what the second vehicle is.... one is the mantis, which is the other?
The mammoth?
Can we drive that thing or does it count as a "new vehicle" even if we cant?

RIP Tron bike

oh the possibilities...

I'm wondering if Promethean vehicles existed, but were cut because they couldn't get them right in time. It seems like the weapons only started coming together a little before e3, so it is very possible they just couldn't get in the swing of things in time for Halo 4.

Still sucks.

I still dont get what the second vehicle is.... one is the mantis, which is the other?
The mammoth?
Can we drive that thing or does it count as a "new vehicle" even if we cant?

Yeah, the Mammoth. Which really isn't new, its just an Elephant 2.0.

It seems it is drivable in either SP or Spartan Ops. Maybe it will make it into one of the DLC maps..

Ryaaan14

Banned
We are two of a kind, Ryan.

After using it a bunch at NYCC, I'm tempted to make it my number one even though I love the BR to death.

The Light Rifle zoomed in is just too damn good.

gb1AJ.gif

After using it a bunch at NYCC, I'm tempted to make it my number one even though I love the BR to death.

The Light Rifle zoomed in is just too damn good.

Depends on the map really. Exile was where I felt really comfortable with the Light Rifle. The BR was my go to on Haven and Solace.

Pop

No Carbine love?

I'll have to decide once I get to play. But from watching gameplays, DMR looks like the go to rifle.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It is going to be interesting to see which guns turn out to be the best for which maps. Same goes with the armor mods and armor abilities.

I kinda wish we had more customizable loadout slots lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Who else wants to use the Light Rifle as their go-to primary?
It still looks somewhat difficult to use to me. I'll definitely give it a crack, though, and use it as my primary if I can get the hang of it.

The Falcon was the vehicle that for some reason I thought for sure would be back. Thing fly's like a dream. Of course as long as you're talking about things you'd assume would be in H4 from Reach, they'd have to bring back the Grenade Launcher, right?
I will definitely have a loadout with it that I plan to use, but at this point I fail to see how the DMR isn't my go-to. You never know though, things can change as everyone gets their hands on the game.
No Carbine love?

I'll have to decide once I get to play. But from watching gameplays, DMR looks like the go to rifle.

Just fires way too fast for my liking. Feel much better with the other precision weapons where I feel like I'm lining up each individual shot and pulling the trigger instead of the trigger mash that is the Carbine.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, no Promethean vehicle is probably my biggest sandbox disappointment. No ODST SMG would be the second biggest one.

still think the brute chopper could easily be converted to a transforming promethean vehicle, same with the brute hammer. The brute spikers have a similar rate of fire to the supressor, the spike grenade was always redundant with the plasma grenade, and the concussion rifle is essentially the brute shot now.

still think the brute chopper could easily be converted to a transforming promethean vehicle, same with the brute hammer. The brute spikers have a similar rate of fire to the supressor, the spike grenade was always redundant with the plasma grenade, and the concussion rifle is essentially the brute shot now.

I agree with everything but the bolded. Nothing felt better than sticking a spike grenade to a wall as you were retreating, and killing the guy that was trying to push you. Or sticking it a room and having the spikes kill 2+ people.

So good.

FyreWulff

I'm also a bit of the opinion that we really need to see a Covenant air vehicle that's actually balanced for modern gameplay. We got the Falcon in Reach which was great, but had the issue that the Elites needed an air vehicle to fit their motif for Invasion and the Banshee is.. yeah.

Then we go to all Spartan multiplayer, and the Falcon disappears, with the Banshee remaining.

GloveSlap

I'm also a bit of the opinion that we really need to see a Covenant air vehicle that's actually balanced for modern gameplay. We got the Falcon in Reach which was great, but had the issue that the Elites needed an air vehicle to fit their motif for Invasion and the Banshee is.. yeah.

Then we go to all Spartan multiplayer, and the Falcon disappears, with the Banshee remaining.

The banshee has been so broken in every Halo game so I am expecting the same for Halo 4. I'm especially worried now that I am hearing the rifles don't tear up the vehicles, which is one of the few things I like about Reach.

I honestly don't like any vehicle that doesn't have exposed drivers. I like being able to pop someone off of a Hog or a Ghost with some well placed shots.

I agree with everything but the bolded. Nothing felt better than sticking a spike grenade to a wall as you were retreating, and killing the guy that was trying to push you. Or sticking it a room and having the spikes kill 2+ people.

So good.

Or dropping a spike grenade in a bubble shield in watching it rip people to shreds.

Woorloog

Banned

We are two of a kind, Ryan.

I am. I get the best of both worlds and since a lot of people find it hard to use this weapon is right up my alley.

It still looks somewhat difficult to use to me. I'll definitely give it a crack, though, and use it as my primary if I can get the hang of it.

Me too.

BR if the LR doesn't feel good.

Anyone know if the Lightrifle and Carbine are hitscan weapons?

Woorloog

Banned
Yup. Bubble Shields were cooler than any ability or piece of equipment in any Halo game. So useful and soooo potentially deadly.

I still want a grenade that forms a bubble shield in the impact/stopping point. (Think Starry Night trailer for Halo 3)
Image the uses... a friend is using the rocket launcher, bubble him and watch him blow himself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom