• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Very underutilized, loved using them on Highground.

Spikes and tight quarters/doorways where also a fun combo.
IMO the 'nade should have had slightly longer range and more damage, considering how difficult it was to use effectively (and latency etc affect it quite a lot, i think).

Hmm. If we had both bubble grenade (as i said on previous page's last post) and spikes... now that would be awesome.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I just had an idea, would be awesome if Bungie did a little review of Halo 4 once the game is release ( a persepective from the original creator would be sweet!)

S1kkZ

they really nailed the chief (at least for me). and while the costume/armor looks weird, they made it look great by not showing it in bright light and hiding it in the shadows.

El_Chino

Great episode! Although I have one complaint, why did they choose to make the elites look like Halo 4 elites if this encounter is supposed to take place many years before?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Great episode! Although I have one complaint, why did they choose to make the elites look like Halo 4 elites if this encounter is supposed to take place many years before?

Retcon

Someone didn't tell 343 that people prefer the halo 1 elite look (or the white elite in halo 3)

Every other design looks pretty damn stupid

Omni

"STAY QUIET GUYS" Master Chief yells at the cadets.

Plus the whole "Call me Master Chief" was a bit cheesy, IMO. Maybe it was the voice... not exactly sure.

I feel as if they missed an opportunity
when MC killed that Elite at the start. Could've been an epic fight scene but it was over in a second.

Omni

MC only got shields with the MK V, right? I'm 99% sure that he isn't supposed to have them in FuD... so why is he just walking into fire? That needle shot should've hurt... a lot.

Ken

Plus the whole "Call me Master Chief" was a bit cheesy, IMO. Maybe it was the voice... not exactly sure.

when MC killed that Elite at the start. Could've been an epic fight scene but it was over in a second.

Ew lol.

Omni

He still has a half tonne of armor. Glass shards ain't no thang.

I know, I know. It just really bothered me. He just stood there taking numerous rounds... The books gave the impression that Covenant weapons were super powerful and yet FuD gave the impression that the MKIV armour was invincible.

Which is wasn't.

Another thing that bothered me was the comment about being the last survivors on the planet. so in five minutes of the Covenant invading, the entire planet was wiped out except for the several cadets? Haha, right.

Overall a decent episode. Others were much better though.

S1kkZ

That seems crazy, how is he this badass when he's that age? I just can't believe that (I know it's accurate it just doesn't make sense to me).

he was trained and drilled since he was 6(?) and he got the "augmentations", which make him look like a fucking hulk.

Akai__

Question: How did they clone the guys, which were taken into the Spartan program? In the Scanned trailer, they replace John with a 6 year old clone, but how fast did this clone aged to 6 years? How long did they observe subjects?

I guess, thats why the clones got sick and had health problems, like Daisy's clone ending up in a wheelchair.

Spike nades were fun, So was the bubble shield.

New Promethean nades look like the are pretty much just spike nades with bubbles instead of projectiles so thats cool i guess.

Kind of sad we have no Bubble Shield.

Everything about this

1165291393.jpg

Is awesome and i hope it returns in this format some day.

Imagine being able to throw a shield to protect allies running with the flag or to bounce a rocket back at the person who threw it.

So good

zap

I thought they got their suits when they were like 18 or something like that?

According to The Halo wiki

Three months after the Eridanus mission, John and his Spartans were briefed on the massacre that took place on Harvest shortly after first contact with the Covenant. A short time later, the UNSC Commonwealth, under the command of Captain Wallace, brought the Spartans and Dr. Halsey to the Damascus Testing Facility at Chi Ceti, where they received the MJOLNIR Mark IV Powered Assault Armor.

The Eridanus mission:
In 2525, a group of SPARTAN-IIs led by John-117 entered the system aboard the Destroyer UNSC Pioneer.

So he received it one year before FUD is set.

Loginius

Is awesome and i hope it returns in this format some day.

Imagine being able to throw a shield to protect allies running with the flag or to bounce a rocket back at the person who threw it.

So good

Like armorlock does?

You can give flagcarrier support with the hardlight shield, no?

m23

Another great episode, got nerd chills throughout. The "Call me Master Chief" thing was a bit lame though. One more episode to go and then Halo 4!!

Flipyap

HEY, BABY. CALL ME "GENERAL".

Question: How did they clone the guys, which were taken into the Spartan program? In the Scanned trailer, they replace John with a 6 year old clone, but how fast did this clone aged to 6 years?
You could say that these clones aged... in a flash.

Yeah, feel free to slap me.

Spike nades were fun, So was the bubble shield.

New Promethean nades look like the are pretty much just spike nades with bubbles instead of projectiles so thats cool i guess.
They're more like a power drain, but now you can hoard them.

Flipyap

As far as i know they also explode just before they vanish which seems to kill pretty quick
The power drain did that, too. I mean, the timing and force of the explosion is probably different, but the idea is the same.

My Karate codex doesn't allow me to slap innocent people.

*slaps Flipyap*

Feel free to slap me, too. :lol
But seriously, I don't think those are exactly "clones", they seem to be more like exact replicas of the copied being, seeing how Cortana somehow got Halsey's memories from her "cloned" brain. Otherwise we're getting into some real sci-fi hack territory.

Another thing that bothered me was the comment about being the last survivors on the planet. so in five minutes of the Covenant invading, the entire planet was wiped out except for the several cadets? Haha, right.

Way to not pick up on the fact that the ONI comm vids were on the same planet being attacked by the Covies and that Lasky's brother was killed fighting them in another part of the planet. It was kind of hinted at being a lot longer than a mere 5 minutes.

Akai__

But seriously, I don't think those are exactly "clones", they seem to be more like exact replicas of the copied being, seeing how Cortana somehow got Halsey's memories from her "cloned" brain. Otherwise we're getting into some real sci-fi hack territory.

Just wanted to know, if there is an explanation for this matter and if there are books, which explains these things.

But you are probably right, we shouldn't try to find the relation to the reality for Sci-Fi things.

Fuchsdh

Just wanted to know, if there is an explanation for this matter and if there are books, which explains these things.

But you are probably right, we shouldn't try to find the relation to the reality for Sci-Fi things.

Yes, there is a reason. They're called flash clones for a reason.

Problem is, making a person and then growing them that fast causes issues... which is why the flash clones all suffered genetic defects or diseases and died. After all if you could do perfect clones you'd just clone the Spartan candidates you needed from the get go.

Also, FUD spoiler, but this is the first thing I thought of watching that:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom