• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
Just caught up with all of the episodes. These are great. Loved
Beamish
, too. lol

I also love how horrifying they made the Covenant engagement in the show.

Though a bunch of
the Chief's
lines I felt were way too corny, I enjoyed it overall. Really well done.

Who do you think brought the Covenant there? Think about it.

The sunlight reflecting off of his head and into space inadvertedly spelled out "I banged your mother" in the Covenant sign language. When they picked up the signal, they declared a holy war upon humanity.

TheOddOne

The sunlight reflecting off of his head and into space inadvertedly spelled out "I banged your mother" in the Covenant sign language. When they picked up the signal, they declared a holy war upon humanity.
Beamish could not keep it in his pants. War starts from small beginnings.

Woorloog

Banned
FUD's Elites are Halo 4 design, why?

Asset re-use most likely. Grab the model from Halo, add high-rez texture, touch up with CGI.

This is my guess only though.

Reach's live-action trailers were made the same way, i think, the Pelican was Reach's model but high-rez texture, as was UNSC Hopeful. And in Deliver Hope the Elite models (though with sword and plasma rifle) in the backround was directly from Reach as well.

EDIT ODST trailer too, the drop pod sequence was the same as in-game but modified in post-production. Anyone saw the half-done trailer uploaded in accident? It still had the Space Elevator, despite the trailer's location not having it.

Across all platforms, in no particular order:

Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Wars
Rome Total War
Pokemon Ruby
Banjo Tooie
Halo CEA
Age of Empires
Assassin's Creed
AC2
AC Brotherhood (the ending of this one was the death of that franchise for me)

I think this list beats mine. :lol

Catching up on this thread, a few things:

It'd be nice to have something similar to Bioshock where you have two options for games.
-Locked 30 FPS at 1080p
-60 FPS (unlocked if necessary) at 720p

Will try and draw the Forerunner Lightcycle when my computer gets out of the shop.

party at heckfu's place. We're all gonna get fucked up on penicillin and accutane pills.

"Dude, are you feeling anything yet?"
"No, but my complexion feels outstanding!"

feel

party at heckfu's place. We're all gonna get fucked up on penicillin and accutane pills.
iYvfF7lII3414.jpg

I forgot about the new fud episode. Will have to watch it. Posting from my first smartphone. This day is historic lol. Note2 is huge.
Congrats, having a smartphone for the first time is awesome.

Shadders

I'll be amazed if next gen doesn't do 60fps as standard. You'd have to imagine they'll support stereoscopic 3D as standard so having 60fps be the benchmark allows 30fps (per eye) in 3D.

Honestly I imagine Sony will say all games must be 1080p, and I can imagine MS following suit. They wouldn't want Sony to be able to say they're the only "Full HD console".

Just put this thing together this afternoon, mainly as a procrastination project. It's a web object browser for Halo 4 Forge items. It has a basic quick-search, and you can look through all of the objects avaliable in Halo 4 forge. I plan on adding costs, max counts, etc when I get the time.

Take a look :)

http://derflatulator.com/halo4-forge/

Feedback will be listened to.

Jhfx.png

Welcome to the future.

On related note, I am loving smart glass, that thing is no joke. MS done good.

I think Mr. Ex Wife will agree.

Do you have to have the the Microsoft Surface to use it?

Feedback will be listened to.

Awesome work man. Would be great to see costs and limits per objects. Also, as Forge is used in Halo 4, we can learn which objects affect performance the most, and those objects could have their own little warnings.

GhaleonEB

Yeah when you don't have great contrast, you usually have to do a bunch of manual work. The pen tool in photoshop (does GIMP have this?) will work wonders. Takes more work since you have to manually place anchor points for the cutout, but the results are terrific. If no one else has done this for you by the end of the day, I'll be happy to do it for you this weekend :)

I was able to figure it out; I did a light setting and went in and did cleanup on the background bits it pulled in. Looked decent in the end. Thanks for the tips, they helped.

Binary_Rifle.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, time to head to every local store.
Unfortunately for me, "every local store" means Gamestop. Some of the smaller, less games-focused department stores like Sears will probably be my best bet, but I've found that their employees are usually pretty street date savvy. Bastards.

There are a few indie stores, but I've never known them to break street date. I guess I can try, though.

Episode 4 rocked my world.
when the girl uses the carbine it made me wish it felt that powerful in the games

It doesn't feel that powerful in the games because you are a fully kitted out Spartan as opposed to a 16 year old girl. I hope Chyler kept it, though, would be awesome in Episode 5 to watch her blaining Grunts with it.

Thanks everyone. Gonna take some time to get used to it. Im a cheapo and went with sprint. Will be using 3g until they put a tower in where I live. Hopefully in the next few months.

Lunchbox

Banned
No, you can use a WP 7/8, or windows 8, or Surface.

It will be coming to IOS and Android devices sometime next year.

lol what kinda weirdo owns a windows phone? thats like owning a zune

not releasing this on ios means 99% of the population wont give a fuck. and it looked pretty cool too sadly

FUD Episode 4 impressions/spoilers:

I loved this episode, the tension it had throughout was amazing. They were actually able to make the Covenant seem terrifying, and they really portrayed how ruthless they really are. The scenes with the invisible Elites were absolutely amazing, my god.

So, I do have a complaint or two: MC looks awkward as hell, the visor just makes his whole suit look like a Halloween costume. Also, who the hell wrote his lines? Super corny. I wish they filmed him less like an action star. But yeah, other than that, wow.

I just hope we get to see the covenant up close more before this is all said and done.. Its really too bad they basically had 2 3/4 episodes as set up.. While I liked them, I now really feel like next week being the end seems super rushed.

Spike nades were fun, So was the bubble shield.

New Promethean nades look like the are pretty much just spike nades with bubbles instead of projectiles so thats cool i guess.

Kind of sad we have no Bubble Shield.

Everything about this

1165291393.jpg

Is awesome and i hope it returns in this format some day.

Imagine being able to throw a shield to protect allies running with the flag or to bounce a rocket back at the person who threw it.

So good

I agree that a bubble grenade would be pretty damn awesome.. They would just have to make em rare and only have 1 spot for them.. But yeah, I would love for more equipment like grenade options. Also, the spike grenade seems cooler than the Pulse grenade.. Im just not feeling that one.

Its too bad the pulse grenade doesn't work more like a powerdrainer on vehicles. Also, it seems super underpowered.

After watching FUD Ep.4 has me left excited and wondering what 343 will give the final episode with that Holy Shit, OMG, Etc. lasting impressions
which Frankie said will definitely leave.

Speculation:
Episode 5: After Commander Laskey recovers from his Flashbacks with the invasion of CAMS, Surviving what's left of his squad thanks to the Young Spartans: Master Chief, Kelly, and Fred. He returns to reality, realizing his duties now is to find any survivors of FUD after listening to Cortana's Distress Call/Beacon. Laskey exits his personal quarters and walks down the Corridors of the Infinity and heads to the Bridge. Meeting with Captain. Andrew Del Rio who's responding to FUD's Beacon through the Coms. Suddenly, the Infinity is being scanned and Del Rio turns towards the Light of the opened Iris: Halo 4 E3 Live Action Scene.

lol what kinda weirdo owns a windows phone? thats like owning a zune

not releasing this on ios means 99% of the population wont give a fuck. and it looked pretty cool too sadly
yeah, why own great products just because they're not the most popular. Did you also not have an original Xbox? Do you think Microsoft should've released Halo for the PS2 and GCN as well?

FUD question-
Also, how on earth could the Covenant kill everyone on the planet in about 10-20 minutes without glassing the place? That doesn't seem right at all.

Woorloog

Banned
FUD question-
Also, how on earth could the Covenant kill everyone on the planet in about 10-20 minutes without glassing the place? That doesn't seem right at all.

I got the feeling either the Chief is wrong (would be odd) or the planet had only the academy. Maybe terraforming was still going on, ie only the academy's grounds were so developed and the planet was mostly uninhabitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom