• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Random thought. I figured out the perfect evolution of equipment from H3.

They'd be throwable gadgets that you cycle through with your nades. Pick them up on map.

Anyway, after FUD, I want to see Lasky meeting with chief again.

zlatko

Banned
Random thought. I figured out the perfect evolution of equipment from Reach.

They'd be throwable gadgets that you cycle through with your nades. Pick them up on map.

Anyway, after FUD, I want to see Lasky meeting with chief again.

He is in H4, so it'll go down. I hope they bro fist. EPIC bro fist.

FUD question-
Also, how on earth could the Covenant kill everyone on the planet in about 10-20 minutes without glassing the place? That doesn't seem right at all.

Yeah, that is really freaking bugging me also

So they lock themselves in, Lasky sends out the message, the try to get the weapons and suddenly the Elite starts bashing down the door. So they hide, the Elite comes in, looks around and finds em.. MC comes to save the day. MC says he came because of the message and there are no other survivors on the whole planet.

Wtf?

I mean, last I checked this whole conflict started maybe 15 minutes ago? And they weren't in that room for more than 5 minutes.. was there supposed to be a huge time lapse in that room? I just don't know how the whole planet fell, or even how everyone outside died in that short amount of time.. I mean we saw a ton of survivors before they ran inside. Surely there would be other alive on campus hiding such as them. I just don't buy it, unless there was meant to be a time lapse, but even then no other survivors is a stretch.

Also, it does seem the Covenant are just there to kill. Why not Glass/Bomb em and then send in troops to pick off any survivors? Especially an easy target like the academy.

Lunchbox

Banned
yeah, why own great products just because they're not the most popular. Did you also not have an original Xbox? Do you think Microsoft should've released Halo for the PS2 and GCN as well?

everyone had an xbox and halo2 in highschool. if you didnt have one you were the weirdo who played jrpgs all alone. it already had a cool image, not a "ewww why?" image like the zune. so your point doesnt make sense

besides some windows phone over an iphone5? really? i mean REALLY? ask yourself again, in public talking on a windows phone when everyone in your class and office is on an iphone? you wanna be THAT guy?

#EVILAWAKENS
0j2J3.jpg

bGanci

Banned
besides some windows phone over an iphone5? really? i mean REALLY? ask yourself again, in public talking on a windows phone when everyone in your class and office is on an iphone? you wanna be THAT guy?
You care that much about what other people will think?

wwm0nkey

everyone had an xbox and halo2 in highschool. if you didnt have one you were the weirdo who played jrpgs all alone. it already had a cool image, not a "ewww why?" image like the zune. so your point doesnt make sense

Sorry that I like to have a fast responsive UI and an OS that does everything that I want/need it to do.

Also as for the Zune HD, it still has better audio quality than the ipod/iphone if I recall correctly.

Yeah, that is really freaking bugging me also

So they lock themselves in, Lasky sends out the message, the try to get the weapons and suddenly the Elite starts bashing down the door. So they hide, the Elite comes in, looks around and finds em.. MC comes to save the day. MC says he came because of the message and there are no other survivors on the whole planet.

Wtf?

I mean, last I checked this whole conflict started maybe 15 minutes ago? And they weren't in that room for more than 5 minutes.. was there supposed to be a huge time lapse in that room? I just don't know how the whole planet fell, or even how everyone outside died in that short amount of time.. I mean we saw a ton of survivors before they ran inside. Surely there would be other alive on campus hiding such as them. I just don't buy it, unless there was meant to be a time lapse, but even then no other survivors is a stretch.

Also, it does seem the Covenant are just there to kill. Why not Glass/Bomb em and then send in troops to pick off any survivors? Especially an easy target like the academy.

FUD speculation/spoilers

We have no idea what the Covenant want out of the planet though. Considering how crazy early it is into the war, the Covenant may still be playing a conquest game and could be looking for more planets to inhabit rather than just trying to exterminate humanity. If they glassed the whole planet from the beginning (which got retconned by the Reach Data Pads anyway - it would take too many resources to glass an entire planet, so they usually just stick to incinerating the areas they have to) that'd be resources they're wasting. Not to mention, given how early in the war is, the general Covenant software may still be picking up humans as "Reclamation" and not "Reclaimers." Or there's the possibility of Forerunner artifacts near Corbulo.

Lunchbox

Banned
You care that much about what other people will think?

hobos dont care about what other people think, they dont care what they look like, what they smell like, what society thinks of them, what their loved ones think of them, how they affect the people around them.

do you wanna be a hobo? is that cool to you? i bet they have windows phones

Sorry that I like to have a fast responsive UI and an OS that does everything that I want/need it to do.

so you use ios 6, cool

bGanci

Banned
hobos dont care about what other people think, they dont care what they look like, what they smell like, what society thinks of them, what their loved ones think of them, how they affect the people around them.

So you do care? Well I hope one day you will get passed that. Because no one really cares what phone you have.

wwm0nkey

so you use ios 6, cool

Do the maps still tell people to jump off a bridge?

Also Live tiles are amazing.

Fotos

everyone had an xbox and halo2 in highschool. if you didnt have one you were the weirdo who played jrpgs all alone.

Is it me or were people over Xbox Live nicer around Halo 2 than they are now. Now it seems like I play with just a ton of immature 10 year olds who cuss in every sentence.

Lunchbox

Banned
Do the maps still tell people to jump off a bridge?

Also Live tiles are amazing.
that old excuse is really old now. google maps will be out in a few days and then you and your crew of ios haters will have nothing to complain about

you would know about that if the development community gave a shit about your platform and released something once in a while. how many apps is there on your marketplace? like 2 and half?

nillapuddin

Next gen is most likely going to consist of 720P @ 60FPS or 1080P @ 30FPS.

This is exactly how its going to work, and if anyone thinks otherwise they are cray cray

"30" fps is what most people are trained for, it feels natural to them.
Most games (Halo Included) will be made to run at 30~ and 1080 resolution

"60" fps games like COD will continue to exist but will def not be running at 1080, COD just now got to 720 with BLOPS2, (880x720 with 2x MSAA) and will need to maintain that

all the call of duty/pc lovers can keep their frameless glasses on the night stand, I know you liked 60 fps before it was cool, but its not mainstream enough yet for other people to care*

*GENERAL POPULATION

wwm0nkey

that old excuse is really old now. google maps will be out in a few days and then you and your crew of ios haters will have nothing to complain about

you would know about that if the development community gave a shit about your platform and released something once in a while. how many apps is there on your marketplace? like 2 and half?

The maps question was actually a real question, not trying to be sarcastic because I was wondering if they fixed it yet.

the "LOL NO APPS" thing is about as lame as the "PS3 has no games" joke.

broony

everyone had an xbox and halo2 in highschool. if you didnt have one you were the weirdo who played jrpgs all alone.

Ha. I was like 27 and a mature student at University. Fucking old man. My mates thought I was the weirdo getting hyped for a computer game.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
"Halo 4 is the most expensive game ever for Microsoft"

Does this include FuD (and the marketing/whatever else for that) too?

heckfu

Banned

What thread am I in? What year is this that people still get upset when an anonymous Internet friend doesn't like their platform?

broony

Is it me or were people over Xbox Live nicer around Halo 2 than they are now. Now it seems like I play with just a ton of immature 10 year olds who cuss in every sentence.

I was in a closed beta for live in August 2002. We had dev boxes and were shipped free games to test. The community was so cool and friendly. Then the open beta started in the November I think and all of a sudden it was the monkey shit fight you see today. I was kind of gutted that the idillic place I had spent a few months playing with people from around the world was destroyed in literally a few hours. Lol.

wwm0nkey

What thread am I in? What year is this that people still get upset when an anonymous Internet friend doesn't like their platform?

I don't even know what thread this is anymore! I mean this was the post your favorite games thread last night right?

willow ve

Do local mom and pop shops actually get the game early? Because if they do I might call a few stores later today.

Everyone typically gets the game before launch night (so they can have the game on shelves for launch day) although in the past there have been some pretty strict "do not break street date" clauses. And/or giant stickers on the shrink wrap cases that say "do not sell before ....."

RdN

Nobody`s been able to snatch a copy of the game, yet?

I'd believe that stores already have the game, right?

nillapuddin

congratulations on making no sense.

Im not "mad" at anybody, I simply agree with what SLT said, we will assuredly be getting 30fps at 1080p, and 60 at 720, they arent going to be making 60 fps at 1080p yet.

Besides, the majority of people dont like 60fps media, it isnt what people are used to and it makes their simpleton brain feel funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom