• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm wondering how strict 343 will be in making Spops missions ONLY dealing with Spartan IV's after Halo 4.

Because I would buy the shit out of "Battles from the Halo Universe" SpOps Mission Pack.

Battles from the books, spinoffs, etc.

Hell yes. They could just pretend it's a reenactment for training the Spartan IVs, I don't care. Although that would take the drama and suspense out of it, I guess.

Maybe one of the Spartan IVs can have a "Battle of Harvest" dream sequence or something.

Yes, yes YES! I want this, i'd pay for it. Even a lot probably.

halogaf discussion has basically reached the point where someone nitpicking that wouldn't surprise me. my apologiezzz.

I don't think my posts will ever reach that kind of low.

Also FuD question:

So I saw people on here saying Lasky and his brother are on the same planet - how did they figure that out? It makes a lot of sense, but I didnt see anything in the episode to indicate it

Louis Wu

Well, I mean they've already released content that shows him out of armor. And Frankie himself stated they were trying to depict his humanity. The last sentence was a reference to this. Sorry if I worded things too dramatically.
I knew what you were referring to. I just interpreted your intentions badly. (It sounded like you thought there'd be a time in Halo 4 - or maybe 5 or 6 - where Master Chief's face would be visible. I was simply saying that Frank was telling you that wasn't going to happen.)

Gui_PT

wr0wr.jpg

Im curious if in Primordium we ever find out:

(Major primordium spoiler:)
What ship the 343 fragment takes control of - it cant be the Infinity right?

zethren

Banned
I think that would have required a certain level of visible gore that Halo really hasn't gone to yet. I'm still surprised they showed the exit on the front of her helmet, because that's about as gory as Halo has gotten for a game series centered around war and guns.

HaloReach_-_KatFallen01.png

HaloReach_-_KatDeath.png

Agreed. I actually thought heavily about that when it happened in the game. You wouldn't want to see Kat without a helmet on after that shot. She doesn't have a face anymore :/

Honestly her death was the saddest for me. Just came completely out of no where, and that's probably why.

Woorloog

Banned
Agreed. I actually thought heavily about that when it happened in the game. You wouldn't want to see Kat without a helmet on after that shot. She doesn't have a face anymore :/

Honestly her death was the saddest for me. Just came completely out of no where, and that's probably why.

Nah, its the music when they signal for the evac.

B wzy

Neo Member
I'm a little late to the FUD discussion, but have to agree with a few others in regards to using Live Action Spartans. In my opinion, actors in costumes don't do justice to the Mjolnir and the super soldiers inside. Still really digging the show.

What sense does it make?

Well the Covenant where apparently attacking the place for a while right - wouldn't be too far fetched to assume they had ODST's fighting them on other parts of the planet. Although it would be stupid if Lasky's brother didnt even warn him to get off the planet lol.

Raide

Just watched FUD4.

HOLY SHHHIIIIIIIII.

Damn this series gets better and better. Thought first part was pretty flat but all the other episodes have been utterly awesome. FUD4 is awesome.

I don't think my posts will ever reach that kind of low.

Also FuD question:

So I saw people on here saying Lasky and his brother are on the same planet - how did they figure that out? It makes a lot of sense, but I didnt see anything in the episode to indicate it

I don't think that would make much sense, and I can't remember anything indicating that
it is the same planet. I mean, why would the covenant wait with destroying the space elevator for so long?

Trey

Well the Covenant where apparently attacking the place for a while right - wouldn't be too far fetched to assume they had ODST's fighting them on other parts of the planet. Although it would be stupid if Lasky's brother didnt even warn him to get off the planet lol.

That just makes it seem much more farfetched an idea to me.
How do you not know an alien menace was attacking the planet you're on? Lasky brother was dead for some time and it's business as usual. Lasky's brother never gave an indication he was fighting aliens, either.

zlatko

Banned
I would be brought to tears if Beamish saves the Chief by killing a Covey last second.

Chief" Who the hell are you!? What are you doing out here??!"

Beamish " Me? I'm just the cleaning crew taking out this alien trash."

*walks off into night forest singing the Halo theme,a nd disappears into fog*

*roll credits*

Trey

That's the entire pretense of the Reach retcon.

I was waiting for this. Before anything, though, I agree that it was stupid in Reach, too. It honestly was.
But it's more believable given the size of the advance party which arrived and the nature of their invasion. The Covenant were extremely familiar by then as well, so a more measured response is feasible compared to bob's FUD theory. It makes the week long coverup in Reach a little more believable, because they wanted to protect what little morale they had left.

Kat's shields were EMP'd by the nuke. She was also blinded by it, since you see her miss the elevator button the first time she tries to hit it.

HOWEVER

They should have made it a beam rifle that killed her.

Her death hit me hardest save for Six's I think. Can you imagine how frightening it'd be if they managed to get to evac and her not get headshot at that point before she realized she was blind though?

Kat: "Commander, this is sub-level six, correct? No UNSC fortification like this wouldn't have emergency generators."

Carter: "Ma'am?"

Kat: "It's pitch-black, no? Even night vision is disabled, must be the radiation spike."

Cue most emotionally devastating halo moment ever.

Fuchsdh

I was waiting for this. Before anything, though, I agree that it was stupid in Reach, too. It honestly was.
But it's more believable given the size of the advance party which arrived and the nature of their invasion. The Covenant were extremely familiar by then as well, so a more measured response is feasible compared to bob's FUD theory. It makes the week long coverup in Reach a little more believable, because they wanted to protect what little morale they had left.

Except that it wasn't a week. It was a month. With the main cities of Reach being glassed.

Trey

Except that it wasn't a week. It was a month. With the main cities of Reach being glassed.

I freely admitted it was stupid. It doesn't change the dynamic of my point at all.

Kat was blind?!

I can't believe I just found this out.

Was she really? I never knew, either.

edit: blinded by the nuke. I can see that. I thought they meant it was a part of her character, being blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom