• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I own a dog.

not anymore

katfyre.jpg

zethren

Banned
Jeez.

Stinklez, give Neil Davidge the firmest congratulatory handshake. (Spoiler tagging track name, just cus)
Green and Blue
is absolutely gorgeous.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I play Halo 3 to get ready for 4? I never cared for the bits of Reach and ODST, but I just never got around to finishing 3, so I would have to start over.

Less than a month awayyyy.

For what?

Should I play Halo 3 to get ready for 4? I never cared for the bits of Reach and ODST, but I just never got around to finishing 3, so I would have to start over.

I'm doing a playthrough of all the halo games (sans Wars) in chronological order. I'd say definitely do a Halo 3 playthrough. I'm personally going to do the last level of 3 on legendary the Monday evening before 4 releases.

Woorloog

Banned

Well, Halo 3 Legendary Ending sets up Halo 4. You don't really need to know how the story ended though, Halo 4 supposedly has some sort prologue explaining story stuff pre-Halo 4.
Halo 3 Terminals explain some things about the Forerunners and the Didact. You can read those online though, such as via Halopedia.

Nukes blind people. Glassing is a space nuke. Therefore, looking straight into a space nuke would probably at least temporarily blind Kat. Hell, the in-game "eye light adjustment" tech shows this personally--if you're looking right at the beam when New Alexandria gets glassed, almost everything else goes black.

Likewise, on the Pillar of Autumn, if you don't stop the cruiser in time, the beam turns your whole screen white... but you don't actually die until about three or four seconds after.

Also: muscle memory could have a little to do with it when she was temporarily blinded. Augmentations and practically living in your suit would probably have something to do with it.

This was definitely THE BEST scene in FuD Episode 4. Gif'd it and linked it to be repsectful and not spoil anyone.

http://i.minus.com/ibwX0Jz8L4wNon.gif

Haha that was pretty good. Spoiler talk of ep.4 -->
Overall, I felt like episode 4 was loaded with a ton of cheese, but I enjoyed it just the same. Can't wait to see what happens in the warthog.

OT again: That storm that's gonna make landfall somewhere between Delaware and New York City continues to look nasty. The winds may be strong, but the rain and snow is going to be the big story when it's all said and done. There is going to be serious flooding, like it could be state-wide or across all of New England. That's probably going to have lingering problems into Halo4 release week if anyone is concerned. If you want to be safe I'd consider taking a vacation and going somewhere else. And storm surge is going to be another issue with this thing possibly making landfall just south of Long Island. The cost in damage is going to be in the billions easily. This is a 96 hour rain accumulation forecast ending on next week Thursday, and it's probably underdone.

willow ve

Video got messed up in the upload but can you guys leave your opinions on the quality of this? Just got a new capture card for Halo 4 stuff.

Video looks crisp (on 720p Youtubes). Sound sync is messed up (as you might know - audio is ahead of video).

Also snipe platform at Camp Froman is too short; should be at least one block taller (not a video issue).

wwm0nkey

Video looks crisp (on 720p Youtubes). Sound sync is messed up (as you might now).

Also snipe platform at Camp Froman is too short; should be at least one block taller (not a video issue).

Yeah I am pretty sure thats just a problem when it was uploaded because it plays just fine on my video player.

Also its called Minibar for a reason! :)

I just saw those right now.. yeah I don't know either. Cut dialogue, like the "excrement from our boots" line in the Halo 2 cutscene?

Yeah, strange. I wonder if the civilians were going to be more prominent originally. I never really felt like the game took place in a city under attack, even with Exodus.

This was definitely THE BEST scene in FuD Episode 4. Gif'd it and linked it to be repsectful and not spoil anyone.

http://i.minus.com/ibwX0Jz8L4wNon.gif

Could you make a gif without the text?

could you also make one of chief assassinating the Elite, and the Elite impaling that one guy?

That Halo 4 Real life Warthog looks awesome. Can't post a pic but there are some at twitter.

Oh, cool:

USPXW.jpg

uqB00.jpg

Man, I want to see that in person.

I didn't even noticed that when I watched. :-O

If one scene should have been in slow motion, its that.

Imagine if you saw the torrent of needles going at her in slow motion, one takes her down, she falls off screen, you see the rest home in and then the explosion happens.
The way it happened was way too blink and you'll miss it. That should have had a more prominent emphasis IMO.

TheOddOne

We joke a lot about the Reach Spartans, but truth be told I would love another game with just Spartans with their own storyline. There is tons of potential in the area.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can't believe we're getting to the point where Reach can't touch my Xbox anymore.

Before I go to Gamestop/the place I may luckily get it early, I'm going to pick up my 360 and whisper to it "it's okay, he can't hurt you anymore".

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Going back to early discussion with people not liking how invincible Chief looks, I actually like it especially in this episode.

First time these people are ever seeing a Spartan, he should look invincible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom