• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is on repeat...

I swear I just had the weirdest feeling of deja vu there. The post about the title music... The glittery banner...

I've been here before.

Edit: Top of the page.

Happy birtday heckfu!!1!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This thread is on repeat...

I swear I just had the weirdest feeling of deja vu there. The post about the title music... The glittery banner...

I've been here before.

Edit: Top of the page.

Happy birtday heckfu!!1!
This has been happening for about 11 OT's now.

Bsigg12

Financially speaking, is there a downside to releasing games on multiple discs minus the obvious printing cost? It may be me being dumb, but I feel like a game with an expanded feature set (or even Halo 4, but with a fully fleshed-out feature set, campaign theater, etc.) and three discs would earn more than enough revenue to pay it off as long as there was a digital download for it. Someone mind explaining?

That's not the issue. It sounds like the second disc is a total of 4gb. A third disc wouldn't change anything. It comes down to how much can the hardware handle for rendering at a given time. You could have gigs upon gigs of content on discs but if the RAM is limiting the what can be used, its useless.

All that said, I would love for 343 to come out with a vidoc talking about all the technical issues they had to work through and why things had to be cut.

93310be322fbd902bc1158bedc9b0d99.gif

Made the AR too overpowered at CQB. You only needed something like 3-5 bullets from the AR to hit before your melee would be an instant kill. Now remember the AR's spread and RoF.
Yeah, it was 6 shots. Needler was even more funny, 3 needles then a beat down. Plasma pistol went from 3 to 2, plasma rifle was at like 3 or 4, concussion rifle was 1 or 2 (down from 3). I liked bleed-through for the most part though, I feel it would have been better if they just removed headshot bleed-through alone (if that were possible.)

Really? I loved Chief and thought his lines were just fine. The suit could have been better, but I don't hold anything against it for what it is.

Eh, his suit holds together and moves fine, but the material looks like a Halloween costume.. Also, the design is cheesy looking. His lines were super corny... "Cal me....Master Chief". And he was filmed like a goofy action hero. I mean, I enjoyed his stuff, but it was corny.

Found this online, Rust out!

Forge in Halo 4 is a fucking joke. :lol

Halo after Dawn interview with Daniel Cudmore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeGHtaksuAM&feature=plcp

Cool, thanks!

orznge

Banned
Most money Microsoft has ever spend on a game. That's the Forge we get.

Why is Certain Affinity still allowed to work on Halo products?

if forge was good and you could had more control over geometry, colors, etc it could potentially stop at least 1 person from buying a map pack which means those options are never happening

orznge

Banned
like seriously what return does anyone think Microsoft would get on giving players the ability to make a Forge maps not visually unpleasing

FyreWulff

Yeah, it was 6 shots. Needler was even more funny, 3 needles then a beat down. Plasma pistol went from 3 to 2, plasma rifle was at like 3 or 4, concussion rifle was 1 or 2 (down from 3). I liked bleed-through for the most part though, I feel it would have been better if they just removed headshot bleed-through alone (if that were possible.)

I have nothing against bleedthrough itself. It's just that Reach's sandbox was entirely rigged around it being gone and the fact that shields, no matter how many you had left, would absorb any overdamage (minus the sniper rifle). The player feedback system was set up around this as well.

You can't just throw in the mechanic after the fact like that, and especially when you do stuff like issue an update where the Magnum and DMR kill in the same number of shots, just one tells you you're about to die by stripping your shields on shot 4 (DMR) and one NOT stripping your shields on shot 4 (Magnum). Regardless of your opinion on bloom, etc, at least not BT Reach you always KNEW when you were going to die. BT Reach felt like random deaths just happened to you.

Pop

If we could just get the ability to color them blocks in forge.

-----------

Gratz Tashi! Hell of a way to get into a game.

Guess it's about time that I clean up my friend's list for Halo 4. If you like playing with BKs, shoot me an FR.. GT is RebornYeti

Also, perhaps a Gaf Halo 4 tag should be made?

Karl2177

The Megalo discussion actually has me somewhat hyped for the next gen. We'll have access to potentially 4x to 16x(if Crytek gets what they want LOL) more RAM. Networking hasn't improved a ton, but IPv6 will be standard, so NAT is hardly an issue. I wonder if we'll be getting some UHD resolutions or standard 3D support. Plus, I doubt Microsoft will be dropping Kinect, so hopefully that sees some improvements.

In turn I'm quite excited to see what developers will do with all the improved aspects. The baseline standard for graphics on the next system will probably be similar to Halo 3 or CoD4. Audio could be super hi-def.

heckfu

Banned
Today has been a good day.

Second job promotion since September 4th and waltzed into Best Buy, asked for a display poster they had laying around, and waltzed out with it.

Come at me.

Edit: and Rammmmn, I bought you a surprise!

FyreWulff

The Megalo discussion actually has me somewhat hyped for the next gen. We'll have access to potentially 4x to 16x(if Crytek gets what they want LOL) more RAM. Networking hasn't improved a ton, but IPv6 will be standard, so NAT is hardly an issue. I wonder if we'll be getting some UHD resolutions or standard 3D support. Plus, I doubt Microsoft will be dropping Kinect, so hopefully that sees some improvements.

In turn I'm quite excited to see what developers will do with all the improved aspects. The baseline standard for graphics on the next system will probably be similar to Halo 3 or CoD4. Audio could be super hi-def.

Then give us an in game interface. Timesplitters 3 did it on console. Doooo eeeeet

timesplittersinterface.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks guys. Trying not to get too excited though, since its just an inital interview. But at least it's that. The person who informed me of the position hasn't even been contacted yet and he applied way before me.

Playing some reach matchmaking to get some of those sweet jackpots. If anyone wants to party up, shoot a message to "thatsmytrunks" and I'll get you in.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks guys. Trying not to get too excited though, since its just an inital interview. But at least it's that. The person who informed me of the position hasn't even been contacted yet and he applied way before me.

What if you walk in and theres a barbell on the floor with 3 plates on each side?

Omni

Erosion is a terrible map for aesthetics. Everything will look dull and brown because it's all ambient light with no direct, and thus no shadows.

Mmm. I actually like the brown look of it, to be honest. On the space map (forgot name), the pieces are far too bright for my liking, and the contrast with the surrounding areas is a tad much.

Unrelated, but does anyone know how many lights we can place in Forge now? In Reach we could only do two (which was less than Halo 3)... I'm hoping now with the lighting upgrade, we can have a few more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom