• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Toshi on the triple kill on the limited edition. There is also a travesty on that sheet though. There are teams called "Domino" and "Wolf" in the games at the bottom and both lost. That is simply not possible.

Also, I LOL'd hard/head exploded at the same time at Lunchbox's posts from this morning.

Overdoziz

Banned
Mmm. I actually like the brown look of it, to be honest. On the space map (forgot name), the pieces are far too bright for my liking, and the contrast with the surrounding areas is a tad much.

Unrelated, but does anyone know how many lights we can place in Forge now? In Reach we could only do two (which was less than Halo 3)... I'm hoping now with the lighting upgrade, we can have a few more...
From what I've heard you can place 4 now. They act the same way as in Reach though and don't cast any shadows.

Fuchsdh

Mmm. I actually like the brown look of it, to be honest. On the space map (forgot name), the pieces are far too bright for my liking, and the contrast with the surrounding areas is a tad much.

Unrelated, but does anyone know how many lights we can place in Forge now? In Reach we could only do two (which was less than Halo 3)... I'm hoping now with the lighting upgrade, we can have a few more...

I like all of the different looks, it's just a shame you cant load up different palettes... mixing and matching styles would go a long way towards adding variety. (I get the technical reasons though.)

MrBig

Mmm. I actually like the brown look of it, to be honest.

The problem is that, since there is no way to effectively differentiate level geometry with color, using shadows effectively will be essential for player orientation in H4 forge maps. On erosion the problem is that it will be just like Reach in that everything is monotonous. It will of course still be useable for some things, but not being able to use shadows to your advantage is a huge detractor.

feel

Sprint as it's currently implemented in Halo is clunky and restrictive as hell. It really hurt the smoothness of the original gameplay where you would be strafe aiming constantly
from one possible enemy entry route to another as you moved around. Speed boost is awesome but needs to be completely rethought from scratch so it offers all the thrill without the negatives but meh, executives control Halo now so as long as it looks somewhat like Call of Duty's, whatever..

Fuchsdh

Sprint as it's currently implemented in Halo is clunky and restrictive as hell. It really hurt the smoothness of the original gameplay where you would be strafe aiming constantly
from one possible enemy entry route to another as you moved around. Speed boost is awesome but needs to be completely rethought from scratch so it offers all the thrill without the negatives but meh, executives control Halo now so as long as it looks somewhat like Call of Duty's, whatever..

Halo is never going to be and shouldn't be a Quake style shooter. Besides there should be severe disadvantages for sprinting.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

C'mon try harder than that.

Executives making decisions about walking speed and sprint? Well done lad.

JHall

That's a matter of opinion.

But I guess if you just increase base movement speed, it could function the same as sprint.

Do you really think Halo plays better with sprint?

I'm not trying to be condescending, just a question.

0tRMg.jpg

Those wires must be the Dominion wires... I hope they are placeable for all gametypes. :)

So the general consensus on the rusted look of Erosion is "do not want"? Or is the main issue with the lighting... because I believe there are some locations on Erosion where the lighting would provide a better contrast. I'm still deciding where to build Think Again... I really don't want to build it on Impact because of the mass amount of maps that are already going to be on Impact. If people aren't a fan of the rustic style of Erosion then perhaps building Think Again on the Ravine may actually be the way to go... hmmmm.

Pop

Do you really think Halo plays better with sprint?

I'm not trying to be condescending, just a question.

You should Most FPS's not Halo.

I rather have no sprint just faster movement but I see no problem with sprint. Really I don't get the big deal about sprint.

Karl, sweetie, I'm going to have to cancel our co-op session on Sunday. I am sadly too busy for a solid block of gaming like that. I'd love to do it, but...schoolwork and all. Ugh.

JHall

You should Most FPS's not Halo.

I rather have no sprint just faster movement but I see no problem with sprint. Really I don't get the big deal about sprint.

I was referring to Halo as well. I firmly believe sprint has no place in Halo; the kills times are too slow for sprint to work.

Those wires must be the Dominion wires... I hope they are placeable for all gametypes. :)

So the general consensus on the rusted look of Erosion is "do not want"? Or is the main issue with the lighting... because I believe there are some locations on Erosion where the lighting would provide a better contrast. I'm still deciding where to build Think Again... I really don't want to build it on Impact because of the mass amount of maps that are already going to be on Impact. If people aren't a fan of the rustic style of Erosion then perhaps building Think Again on the Ravine may actually be the way to go... hmmmm.

Namely the lighting, and the repetitive look. Personally, I like the rusty look, but man does it need some variety.. some glass floors, silver mixed with rust, green mixed with rust, black...etc. Just more variety. Basically, what we have been asking for from forge since it existed.. Its like CA just completely ignored Forge's number one complaint.

Is it me or are Forge maps easier on the eye in Halo 3?

Hey HaloGAF, I have a quick question and I didn't want to go on google or Waypoint to ask so as to avoid spoilers:

I got Halo Anniversary the other day and finished getting all of the Terminals today. I went to Waypoint to input the codes I got, and the first two didn't work, saying "Game Issue" or something like that, but the third did, so I went back into CEA and watched all of the Terminals all the way through from the Extras menu.

When I went back to Waypoint, none of the codes worked now, just giving me a "Code Used" error. Any ideas what's causing this? I want my credits, dammit

feel

C'mon try harder than that.

Executives making decisions about walking speed and sprint? Well done lad.
True or not, I feel better thinking it was an executive feeling annoyed playing an early alpha without sprint that led to 343i bringing it back. Same for all the other shit.

JHall

True or not, I feel better thinking it was an executive feeling annoyed playing an early alpha without sprint that led to 343i bringing it back. Same for all the other shit.

They at least should have given us an option to turn it off in customs.

Pop

I was referring to Halo as well. I firmly believe sprint has no place in Halo; the kills times are too slow for sprint to work.

I don't believe sprint was the problem at all in Reach. Sprint is for getting Point A to Point B, I must be missing why it matters to kill times.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo 4 |OT| The Tashi Ceiling is Now Canon

Screw the score card in the limited edition...THIS is the greatest Halo honor I've achieved!

edit: Fracas, I actually do want to blow it up and frame it hahaha. That would be too cool.

Karl2177

Karl, sweetie, I'm going to have to cancel our co-op session on Sunday. I am sadly too busy for a solid block of gaming like that. I'd love to do it, but...schoolwork and all. Ugh.

Aw shucks. Maybe something similar in a month or so. ;)

For NC-HaloGAF, what is the best BBQ joint around the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area? Last time I was there, my aunt got some fantastic BBQ, and I was hoping to get some delicious NCBBQ when I visit for Thanksgiving week.

Also, another moderately off-topic post, but that feeling when you get some code to work.
sogood.gif

Screw the score card in the limited edition...THIS is the greatest Halo honor I've achieved!

edit: Fracas, I actually do want to blow it up and frame it hahaha. That would be too cool.
Also realize, you are a part of Halo canon now.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't know if I'd call it that.

You should change your gamertag to Tashi or something so people know who to kill.

:lol I've been trying for over a year now!

The GT "Tashi" is taken by a guy who has a Gold Membership but hasn't used it on an Xbox 360. So frustrating. I'm short a couple hundred points on my account anyway lol

JHall

I don't believe sprint was the problem at all in Reach. Sprint is for getting Point A to Point B, I must be missing why it matters to kill times.

Reach had a lot of problems and sprint was one of them. It was a get out of jail free card, opponent gets the first shot, you sprint away if you didn't think you'd win that battle.

CoD and Battlefield kill times are really fast, if you try to sprint away you die. In Halo, the kill times at least for the newest games are around 1.5-1.8 secs. Keep in mind that is without missing a shot. Even though that time might seem small it is more than enough time to sprint away around a corner or get behind cover.

Now, I understand that 343i adding in stopping power to prevent running away and the sprint double beatdown shenanigans. I don't think it will help at all. People are still going to be able to run away from battles they should loose because they have sprint.

Trey

:lol I've been trying for over a year now!

The GT "Tashi" is taken by a guy who has a Gold Membership but hasn't used it on an Xbox 360. So frustrating. I'm short a couple hundred points on my account anyway lol

Same thing for "Trey".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom