• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
NeoTashi

TashiGAF

I've actually considered TashiGAF because I already use it for some things. I might actually just switch to it and then when Tashi eventually opens up, I'll switch to that.

Seriously considering it now. I don't have much attachment to NYSTOFMIND23 anymore besides me having for so long and the MLG top 10.

Pop

Thanks for your contribution.

Reach had a lot of problems and sprint was one of them. It was a get out of jail free card, opponent gets the first shot, you sprint away if you didn't think you'd win that battle.

CoD and Battlefield kill times are really fast, if you try to sprint away you die. In Halo, the kill times at least for the newest games are around 1.5-1.8 secs. Keep in mind that is without missing a shot. Even though that time might seem small it is more than enough time to sprint away around a corner or get behind cover.

Now, I understand that 343i adding in stopping power to prevent running away and the sprint double beatdown shenanigans. I don't think it will help at all. People are still going to be able to run away from battles they should loose because they have sprint.

I could really careless absolutely zero about Reach. Sprint was by far the least concerning problem with Reach. Reach for me is dead, H4 is just around the corner. Let's worry about Halo 4 now.

To the bold:

You have no clue, you "think" that will be a problem. Me judging by the videos of Halo 4 multiplayer, sprint looks to not be a huge factor. For one people seem to want to engage in gun battles instead of running cause of broken mechanics. And two sprint slows you down almost to a walking speed it seems. Remember bloom want cock block you from getting your deserved kill. That is me judging by videos and I do not think sprint will be a problem.

malfcn

Spartan%20Fuel%20promo.gif

New commercial soon. Got to preview it, kind of funny. Also, if I prove how much I love gamer fuel I could win a Halo 4 cooler? The Geoff picture is a tempting submission.

Happy birthday heckfu :D

Spartan%20Fuel%20promo.gif

New commercial soon. Got to preview it, kind of funny. Also, if I prove how much I love gamer fuel I could win a Halo 4 cooler? The Geoff picture is a tempting submission.

That shot really looks nice, besides the mountain dew of course.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know how many birthdays Halo 4 has?

ONE AND IT'S IN NINE/EIGHT DAYS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE OMG

Namely the lighting, and the repetitive look. Personally, I like the rusty look, but man does it need some variety.. some glass floors, silver mixed with rust, green mixed with rust, black...etc. Just more variety. Basically, what we have been asking for from forge since it existed.. Its like CA just completely ignored Forge's number one complaint.

Is it me or are Forge maps easier on the eye in Halo 3?

Thank you for this Demon... I will keep that in mind when I'm forging. And I do agree. Now that we have a much more cohesive aesthetic, it just needs to be improved from here. Forgeworld pieces were all over the place in style. And H4 looks to be too unified which results in everything blending together, but there may be some pieces in there that could nicely break up the aesthetic in a clean fashion.

It is like trying to get a good color scheme... you can't just have a bunch of shades of blue, you need the orange to compliment the blue and add some variety and contrast. From what I've seen, that is what the next step needs to be, it needs to have two or three themes that compliment each other while serving to provide a contrast and increase the possibilities of the palette allowing combinations rather than just everything blurring together.

So we've visited each end of the spectrum in terms of cohesion of objects, H5 needs to find that proper balance between the two extremes for the Forge palette to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom