• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm sure i'm not the first to do this, nor the best, but i think it turned out quite well. happy haloween.

8128663588_d9838b8dd0_z.jpg

orznge

Banned
The delivery of my internet posts on a video game message board means jack. My point was not that people should take my posts seriously, my point was that when people like Nokyard express very legitimate concerns, they should not be met with garbage like this:

If you're going to side with someone, don't side with the Microsoft subsidiary, side with the communities that are the lifeblood of the franchise. This thread needs to hop off the 343 kool-aid for a while and start looking at things more objectively; it will benefit everyone more in the long-run.

if you request features that should be reasonable for a game with one of the highest budgets ever allotted to a videogame in a decade-old series that would improve player retention then you're basically saying that you want to walk into 343 and steal money right out of the developers' pockets and are an entitled piece of shit

Karl2177

No it was at the review event.

edit: Karl, saw your post in OT about the code you're stuck at. Send it to meeee!! I want to see it all!!

Haha. Will do. I was writing out the Javadoc for it last night, so it would be a bit more readable. But then I got distracted with Borderlands 2. lol PM me your email so I can zip up the files and send them. It'll probably be in an hour or so when I'm at a computer whose mail program isn't butt.

Also OT, I got a pair of tickets for my dad and I to go to the Cyclone football game tonight. I don't suppose there will be a certain Deadly presence there. ;)

Woorloog

Banned
FUUUCK!!
Solo Heroic Library, going for the no deaths achievements. A fucking lucky bastard rocket Flood!

EDIT i was halfway through the third floor.

if you request features that should be reasonable for a game with one of the highest budgets ever allotted to a videogame in a decade-old series that would improve player retention then you're basically saying that you want to walk into 343 and steal money right out of the developers' pockets and are an entitled piece of shit
I think you are being sarcastic, I hope you are being sarcastic, but not sure if serious. I pretty much agree with everything kyle is saying but that isnt going to surprise anyone here 8)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like how all three needlers are being ignored in that Spanish stream.

nillapuddin

i know right lol, like they clearly set it to make all the ordnance needler only, then nobody picks it up, why not just disable it?

silly spaniards

Flagnum looks awesome, so much for it being a blooming piece of shit

I'd love some persistent co-op a la MW3 and Mass Effect 3. Think it could fit within Halo if there are more equip-able modifiers. Say +5 speed for -.1 fire rate. Or things that change the duration and power of AAs.

That also would be awesome.. Man, FF had so much potential to evolve.. I do hope it comes back with oopmh. Im pumped for SpOps, but I think a sruvival mode has its place along side it.

It sets a dangerous precedent I'm sure. 343 responding to pirates about rumors they're spreading here invites more to do the same, knowing 343 has to come in and clarify.

I agree that these features should've been discussed by now, but I don't expect them to come in and disclose anything in response to leaks.

Yeah, I agree responding to the leaks isn't the best habit. The again, the week theater was cut from SP we should have known.. I really can't understand them not sharing that incredibly vital detail.

Cool thanks.

To be honest, Im surprised the Needler still exist in MM the way it does. They always want it to be a sub power weapon, but it usually is very hit or miss. Im surprised they haven't made a heavy Needler variant with MM in mind.. Make it extremely deadly, but once you pull the trigger you are dedicated to shooting the entire clip or something. Keep the old school needler in the game, but mainly for SP.

feel

Flag magnum seems decent.

That horn helmet is RIDICULOUS haha, glad MkV didn't make the cut to make room for crap like that.

xray vision is a totally disheartening addition..

Havok

This just makes all of the "PV isn't useful because of radar!" posts way more hilarious. Guy can see people across the entire map, end to end, through walls with no radar for the enemy team to give them the sonar ping and give away his location (even if it didn't show enemies, just PV users' pings). The only thing stopping people from using it constantly is opportunity cost for other armor abilities. The concept of stealth seems like it might just not exist anymore against a good team of mixed AAs.

The flag setup for Haven is pretty funny. Doesn't seem like most of the maps are really symmetrical with how they're set up - the Haven team "bases" being radically different, one of Longbow's bases merges into a cliff, cutting off that bases' roof, while the other can be walked around and on top of freely, the lift on Solace looks like it's closer to one sniper ledge than the other. I've seen a video of a guy using that lift to bounce up from the middle level to the snipe ledge, but if you look on that stream, red team's side has a fat piece of geometry in the way, which means that wouldn't be possible on that side without smacking into it. Wonder how much it'll actually impact gameplay. I can't imagine it'll be a huge deal, but even a few instances of that disadvantage being abused would be frustrating.

BigShow36

To be honest, Im surprised the Needler still exist in MM the way it does. They always want it to be a sub power weapon, but it usually is very hit or miss. Im surprised they haven't made a heavy Needler variant with MM in mind.. Make it extremely deadly, but once you pull the trigger you are dedicated to shooting the entire clip or something. Keep the old school needler in the game, but mainly for SP.

The needler is inherently broken. It's either ridiculously overpowered or completely worthless. It looks like Halo 4 went the ridiculously overpowered route, which is why its an ordnance weapon now.

The needler is inherently broken. It's either ridiculously overpowered or completely worthless. It looks like Halo 4 went the ridiculously overpowered route, which is why its an ordnance weapon now.

Well, its great in SP, but I agree that something has always felt a bit off about it in MP.. They really just need to make a true power weapon variation of the weapon that has the smaller amount of kills per weapon and more limited yet effective use.

Seance

Banned
FUUUCK!!
Solo Heroic Library, going for the no deaths achievements. A fucking lucky bastard rocket Flood!

EDIT i was halfway through the third floor.

iknowthatfeel.jpg

The key is to memorise the encounters. Shotgun, magnum and frags are all you need. Spam frags and magnum at range, tossing nades the moment the magnum animation finishes will help you keep dishing out the maximum damage.

Pop

I'm wondering this aswell. Do they only have DMR at the beginning and need to unlock the BR? Custom loadouts, wouldn't work well, for tournaments, I guess.

Didn't Frankie or 343i say that everything was unlocked on lan. Maybe I'm losing it but I hope it goes that way.

BigShow36

Well, its great in SP, but I agree that something has always felt a bit off about it in MP.. They really just need to make a true power weapon variation of the weapon that has the smaller amount of kills per weapon and more limited yet effective use.

SP I have no issue with it. In MP though, the player really has very little control over whether or not it hits. You either make it so that players can avoid it, and it becomes pretty worthless, or you make it so they can't and it becomes way overpowered. I would like to see the projectile speed increase a lot but make the needlers follow the reticle, so that the player at least needs to aim to land hits.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

And it makes sense too. Makes me wish the old needlers had the same treatment.

SP I have no issue with it. In MP though, the player really has very little control over whether or not it hits. You either make it so that players can avoid it, and it becomes pretty worthless, or you make it so they can't and it becomes way overpowered. I would like to see the projectile speed increase a lot but make the needlers follow the reticle, so that the player at least needs to aim to land hits.

That actually seems like it would work.. They retain some basic form of homing, but you need to lead em, and if you don't they will go wayward. Hm. I like that. It would also make the gun a little more interactive and rewarding to use.

To be clear, I like the Needler and obviously haven't used it in Halo 4, but I do agree it has never been quite right.

One of Halo's iconic weapons is inherently broken, remove it from every playlist!

Have you ever used it? It burns through ammo so fast, you barely have enough for three kills.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Frankie or 343i say that everything was unlocked on lan. Maybe I'm losing it but I hope it goes that way.
Yeah, all weapons, AAs, and upgrades are unlocked for customs.

zap

Going back to Halo 3, I had forgotten how powerful the needler was, I felt like I hardly had to aim and kids were exploding all over the show.

Yeah, all weapons, AAs, and upgrades are unlocked for customs.

Thank goodness for that.

Woorloog

Banned
iknowthatfeel.jpg

The key is to memorise the encounters. Shotgun, magnum and frags are all you need. Spam frags and magnum at range, tossing nades the moment the magnum animation finishes will help you keep dishing out the maximum damage.

Exactly what i was doing. But this Flood fired the Rocket when it died... and the rocket hit the wall behind me. From 50 meters away.

feel

No but you're warm.
Oh, I thought you were randomly praising yourself so I was indirectly hinting that there's no way you're undisputedly the best player here, to mess with you.

And I (and probably many others) only consider halogaffers people who use this place almost exclusively or at least way more than other communities, not everyone who has an account and does the occasional drive-by, so you're still tops brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom