• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh, I thought you were randomly praising yourself so I was indirectly hinting that there's no way you're undisputedly the best player here, to mess with you.

And I (and probably many others) only consider halogaffers people who use this place almost exclusively or at least way more than other communities, not people who do drive-bys, so you're still tops brah.

Thanks brah. And as much as I jest I can't call myself the best. I just go with, "one of the best" no arguments that way ;)

u4iX

Group system? Fuck I've been doing so much work lately I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. What are you all going on about?

^ I thought the groups were heavily speculated on but nothing has yet to come of it. Have we heard one way or another on them?

Ho boy, what if there isn't a skill based ranking system for individuals, but there is for groups only. So you can't sell an individual account that has a 50, because it's tied to a group ranking.

feel

Eh, I was just watching a Halo 3 game earlier today on the MLG stream where this "Chig" fella was playing (I had never heard of him before).

Welcome!

willow ve

Group system? Fuck I've been doing so much work lately I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. What are you all going on about?

Lately it's been.

1. New Info
2. Team SLRP out in force
3. Everyone rejoice over Halo 4
4. Excitement Plateaus
5. Team Downer mentions something we've known for months but forgot about in our excitement
6. Bitch and moan, talk about Halo 5
7. Loop back to 1

HaloGAF

^ I thought the groups were heavily speculated on but nothing has yet to come of it. Have we heard one way or another on them?

Ho boy, what if there isn't a skill based ranking system for individuals, but there is for groups only. So you can't sell an individual account that has a 50, because it's tied to a group ranking.

Interesting thought, but I would love to see the metrics of people who routinely play as a group vs people who generally go in alone. My suspicion is that more players go in solo (or with a few different people - never the same group).

So how does the group system work? are they like clans? I assume it will be big enough for HaloGAF regs.

I keep forgetting this thing allegedly exists.. Something tells me it is just a feature on Halo Waypoint, and may have some sort of stat-community carryover into the forums or something.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm going to go out on a limb and say whatever this group system is, it was either scrapped, or is something that won't be launched til a ways down the line.

MrDaravon

I surprised a pirate wasn't willing to sacrifice an account and 360 to connect to Live with the game and check that kind of stuff out. There's legitimate copies out in the wild as well, maybe people are too scared to connect this early for fear of getting banned?

Tashi

I surprised a pirate wasn't willing to sacrifice an account and 360 to connect to Live with the game and check that kind of stuff out. There's legitimate copies out in the wild as well, maybe people are too scared to connect this early for fear of getting banned?

Hmm don't know. Are the press playing on XBL or Partner Net?

^_^

Been wanting to join in on conversations that have been going on for a while.. Now I can! lol

5rf0u.gif

FyreWulff

But we still couldn't get Forerunner Tank :(

Off the top of my head, I think a majority of Halo 2 levels uses moving BSP's as a featurepoint:

Armory: the tram you ride on
Cairo Station: the big elevator in the bugger room, the .. raising and lowering part of the MAC cannon with the jetpack elites outside
Outskirts: none
Metropolis: The Scarab encounter
The Arbiter: technically the elevator down to the Seraph, but not notable
The Oracle: an elevator that makes you want to shoot yourself, the elevator up to the cable room, I'm not sure how the freefall was accomplished
Delta Halo/Regret: The big forerunner platforms, the underwater elevator
Sacred Icon: Forerunner Sentinel: The Ride
Quarantine Zone: Flood Combat Forms: The Ride
Gravemind / High Charity: No notable use
Uprising / Great Journey: The scarab, the control room

Then you get to Halo 3, and there's a mid-mission elevator in The Covenant and that's it.

Chig

Chig,

Halo 4
1. Ranking System
2. Forge
3. BR vs DMR

Go!

Welcome. (m)

1. Better have it or this game might turn out just like Reach did. Need something for people to want to crave to get and strive for. Should be based of Wins/Losses too IMO (Like Halo 2).
2. Forge looks awesome. Three different environments each with different textured pieces. I'm excited to see what maps get created. Hopefully lots more COLOR!
3. Can't say for sure yet. DMR looks better from gameplays. I'll know on Friday!

Woorloog

Banned
Four Anniversary achievements left:
All maps on Heroic
All maps on Legendary
Library under 30 min Legendary
Library no deaths Heroic or higher.
Any (european, less latency) still need any of those? I'll try to do them next week, specifically the Library ones.

Pop

1. Better have it or this game might turn out just like Reach did. Need something for people to want to crave to get and strive for. Should be based of Wins/Losses too IMO (Like Halo 2).
2. Forge looks awesome. Three different environments each with different textured pieces. I'm excited to see what maps get created. Hopefully lots more COLOR!
3. Can't say for sure yet. DMR looks better from gameplays. I'll know on Friday!

You'll fit in great here.

Ranks was too much to ask for apparently, grifball was more important. But I agree with all your points.

I thought it was confirmed already there are no individual skill rankings?

Lately it's been.

1. New Info
2. Team SLRP out in force
3. Everyone rejoice over Halo 4
4. Excitement Plateaus
5. Team Downer mentions something we've known for months but forgot about in our excitement
6. Bitch and moan, talk about Halo 5
7. Loop back to 1

HaloGAF

The cycle continues.

Raide

Until I get my hands on it and see what I can make, I am trying to remain optimistic. I spent hours with the Reach Forge, so I can see myself putting more hours into Halo4orge as well.

Fotos

Can't believe we are only 9 days away from Halo 4. I am already extremely excited. Im going to have to wear a diaper on November 6th.

So a friend of Zalinkrow's spotted a deals shop in town. Krow ended picking up these for less than €5. Each pack of three was only €1.49 each. Not exactly bad for a cool desk piece. Works out about $6.

Homeboyd

(m)

This stream is still going by the way. H4 tourney or some shit... from earlier.

So a friend of Zalinkrow's spotted a deals shop in town. Krow ended picking up these for less than €5. Each pack of three was only €1.49 each. Not exactly bad for a cool desk piece.

Good deal.

Tell him I want at least 3 of them packaged with my 3ds.

Tell him to hurry as well, I've been waiting ages for it.

I'm confused by your comments here. In what way(s) was Forge World a "cluster fuck", what was seemingly illogical about their approach to building Forge pieces, and why do you imply that neither the Colliseum nor the Quarry section of Forge World are a "nice, flat space"? They're both quite sizable flat spaces.

Sorry for the late response.
In regards to Forge pieces, Overdoziz's God Tier post about them right here should clear that all up.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40378628&postcount=2027
To add to that, Forge contains too many prebuilt objects for bases and what not, and not enought simple building blocks. Give us the tools and we will make awesome stuff, believe me.

In regards to Forge world, frame rate issues are a given, but just the idea of creating so many large, hilly, slightly tough to work with spaces is a huge flaw. Why can't 343 just give us large flat snow levels, desert levels, grass levels etc. It is such a small request that will make Forging so much easier. And yes, there are some small pockets on Forge world that are fairly flat, but I would just love completely flat spaces.

You and I are going to be good friends. Sadly not much more color, but definitely much better.

Tashi

Not yet, I will have a limited edition Zelda OOT version, when Krow sends it me.

I didn't want do this Krow, but now they all know.

That reminds me, I still have to beat RE Revelations.

Damn I gotta remember to charge all of my stuff before this fucking hurricane comes. Stay safe East Coast HaloGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom