• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
There are just enough questions other than ones on Ranking that they could get through this update without breathing a word of it.

Moa

Seems like that server change didn't help the Waypoint forums. They're as slow as molasses.

Been like that since June 2012, they did some sort of maintenance on it and it has been slow as shit since then, they did maintenance recently that fixed the speeds for like, a week, then it is slow as shit again.

u4iX

Yes. I played it.

No, like play it play it, learn it, study it; all of those things.

The game has about a month to two month learning curve.

Anyone I've talked to who actually understands that game, loves it, adores it, and dreams about it. It is the greatest multiplayer game design and balance wise on the Xbox 360. That's not hyperbole.

Here's the notorious guide from the MLG forums:
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/64784-ryanators-guide-to-competitive-shadowrun/

Here's the mapping of soft and hard counters alone.
shadowruncountersmap-1.jpg

People who said they played the game and didn't like it, usually didn't understand it. Even if you sucked at the game, but still understood it's complexities that neared perfect implementation, you'd still admire it.

Sure. Apparently I played it before history revisionists did as well.

Wait, so you're one of those people who were mad it wasn't an RPG, even though from the beginning FASA stated it was a competitive FPS?

willow ve

The submit a question on Waypoint is approaching critical mass. I just asked the following.

If a Title Update is applied to Halo 4 at some point in the future will it be pushed out across all gametypes?
Will there be a Skill based Ranking system in Halo 4? And if so will it be visible in the lobby?
Will classic Capture the Flag settings (ability to drop the flag, no magnum when you're holding the flag, and flag juggling, etc.) be allowed in custom games?

Doubt anything HaloGAF has been lamenting will be talked about... but at least we've gone through their official channels to bitch ask about it.

willow ve

Maybe 343 employee's are jacking up the pricing before getting the listings pulled? That would be a fun troll... (Although I realize they probably can't legally get the listings pulled unless they could prove they were stolen...)

zychi

Banned
just bought a 4 mountain dews and 4 bags of doritos. spent $12 for ~50 matches of double xp. i feel like the site messed up and gave me way too many. cod wasn't this giving.

Do we know what the voting system is like for H4?

- You can vote once, and your vote is locked in, votes revealed at the end.
- There's one option on each vote that is for "Classic Mode -- no killcams, no sprint, no specializations" that is locked. Trying to select it brings up a popup that says: "Maybe in Halo 5?"

willow ve

- You can vote once, and your vote is locked in, votes revealed at the end.
- There's one option on each vote that is for "Classic Mode -- no killcams, no sprint, no specializations" that is locked. Trying to select it brings up a popup that says: "Maybe in Halo 5?"

So they're all anonymous votes in the lobby? That would be a much better system than Reach.

Omni

The submit a question on Waypoint is approaching critical mass. I just asked the following.

Doubt anything HaloGAF has been lamenting will be talked about... but at least we've gone through their official channels to bitch ask about it.

Just asked a few questions myself.

and nooooooooooooooooo! My custom avatar is gone from Waypoint! I guess that's what I get for not posting there for more than a few months, but still. :(

I think we now have an undisputed best player in HaloGAF
Glad to see we're all agreed on Heckfu.
So there are preset loadouts with weapon that you unlock later for your customizable loadouts?

That's great. I thought I was going to have to play with the AR until I locked a real rifle lol.
Yeah, that's the way I understand it. Even if it wasn't, you unlock the BR and DMR at SR-2.
fuckin lol I knew someone would say this

How could someone not think that immediately?

My question:

UpsAD.png

Sprint and AA on the bumpers plz!

I know we already discussed it a couple OT's back but I really do hope they have some tweaked alternatives, B for crouch and L3 for sprint, no thanks.

Yeah I'm okay with L3 for sprint personally, I just don't want crouch, sprint, and AA on the face buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom