• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You bastards need to stop snatching up all the double XP. Save some for me. :-(

blamite

Alright, I've finally got my launch plans together. Midnight launch at Gamestop for the standard edition, finish the campaign, then go pick up the LE at Best Buy the next day (no midnight opening there :( ). Then sell the standard edition to my roommate or someone. Having to buy two copies sucks, but he upside is that I get preorder bonuses from Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart (that 35 cent thing a while back).

This should work out well enough.

So I know Frankie and some other 343 guys and gals check this forum out, and I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered(well, probably), but can anyone answer if there are plans to ever have another Evolutions-esque book come out at some point in the future?

Another compilation of short stories, I mean. Evolutions is probably one of my favorite Halo books, simply because it offers so much variety.

Requested November 7 off from work today. I already have the 6th off so 48 hours of Halo 4 with a break to go vote? I think so. Feels good.gif

I think I'm going to ask for the Friday of that week off. I don't want to get one in the middle of the week off and a three day weekend could be nice.

Tuesday is going to be a good day it seems :)

....?

next week is going to go by painfully slow

also someone just posted "look what our store just got!" on reddit

nuO8Bh.jpg

Moa

The "Ask a Question" thread on Waypoint is doing a few things.

A. Moving faster than HaloGAF at the moment
B. Proving there are a LOT of unanswered questions
C. Proving the marketing hasn't answered some long asked questions
D. Showing that many of the fans care about visual Skill Ranks
E. Breaking Waypoint (more than usual)

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1600399_Ask-a-Question-for-the-Halo-Bulletin.aspx

I checked and it seems like 70% of the questions are "With there be a Falcon in Multiplayer?"

I mean, they're fun to drive I guess, but damn. I didn't know people liked them that much.

just finished my halo 2 play through, I had forgotten how easy Tarturus is to kill...kinda anti-climatic. This is probably my 7th or so time playing Halo 2's campaign, but this is the only time I have actually enjoyed the story. Still not a fan of the gravemind though.

Awesome dat title screen music and UI is still amazing 8 years later

Oozer3993

Did they mention how smartglass is going to be implemented?

Halo 4 will not feature any Smartglass functionality. The video shown at E3 was merely a proof of concept. The Xbox 360 Waypoint app will support Smartglass at some point, but we don't know when. My hunch is when all of Waypoint gets refreshed for launch.

Omni

How the hell do people consistently post on Waypoint? I mean... wow. I've been waiting for a single page to load for over a minute now.

willow ve

How the hell do people consistently post on Waypoint? I mean... wow. I've been waiting for a single page to load for over a minute now.

Waypoint is allegedly getting a big update next week (or around launch)... The split from the xbox domain was already big upgrade (even though performance is still poor to borderline terrible).

It's best when submitting a post takes 2+ minutes, gives you an error, you go back to the thread, check to make sure it didn't post your reply, retype and repost... only to see it double post. Brilliant.

We are giving away Halo stuff if any of you're interested.
http://fleshandfaith.com/2012/10/28/10-days-of-halo/

The next few days will have more reasonable deadline times.

Did I read that right when there is a single poster up for grabs?

Any idea on how many entries you've got so far?

And I forgot to post about the latest HaloGaf radio. I listened to it at work the other day and it was very good. Had me itching at my desk to play some Halo. Great stuff guys, your impressions on the game were spectacular and very insightful. Keep up the good work.

Did I read that right when there is a single poster up for grabs?

Any idea on how many entries you've got so far?

And I forgot to post about the latest HaloGaf radio. I listened to it at work the other day and it was very good. Had me itching at my desk to play some Halo. Great stuff guys, your impressions on the game were spectacular and very insightful. Keep up the good work.

Does the pic of the multiple posters make it confusing?

About a dozen entries.

Franklinator/Monsterfracas: why u no stream? Tashiii stopped his stream to go stare at promotional images of the LE, so a lonely nation turns its eyes to you.

Yeah a little. It's not a big deal though.

I checked out the site a bit. Forgot about you guys talking about it on the 'cast. It's pretty well put together. Good stuff.

Thanks! It is really basic right now, but we are slowly figuring it out. The hardest part is trying create/find interesting content that other communities don't already do.

We invite anyone to submit content too.

Fuchsdh

Anything noteworthy happen today while I was in winery country and getting my history nerd itch scratched? I've sort of given up keeping track of the threads on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom