• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

So, since H4 is literally around the corner, I figured I would stop lurking this thread and just post already. In fact, I've been lurking since the first Reach OT, before my membership was even approved.

...Jesus that's a long time. Granted, I missed the entirety of quite a few of these OT's, but still.

Hi, HaloGAF!

Karl2177

Okay, thanks! Can you link me to the spoiler thread?

That said, the textures are pretty low-res. Rocks look okay, but ground textures and "crates and boxes" are very plain and blurry up close. Also, I've noticed a very slight "pop-in" on the textures when quickly moving and looking for it - it's not Halo 2 or Rage bad - honestly, it's not bad at all; but it's there.

Everything moves faster. The pace is faster. The respawns are closer to the action. The reloads at least feel faster. The vehicles are definitely faster. This definitely feels Call of Duty-ified. Trust me, I'm the LAST person that would be excited for that - but honestly, I gotta say it works pretty well. The action feels quick. But with that said, I hope that the game doesn't lose it's deliberately slow and methodical pace - a staple of the series and the reason I so much loved Objective-type games on Halo and Halo 2.

EDIT: Sorry, don't have a receipt, but I can snap pics of the game from any angle if someone needs that:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8193/8126639379_fcd6fa0d23_c.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I guess it's called [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489582]Halo 4 Story Spoilers and Speculation[/URL]

Nice writeup! On the textures: Does foliage cover up most of the ground textures? Are there obvious places where you would say "it looks like they just slapped grass pictures on the ground"? Given that you've only had 40 minutes, would you say that the respawns could also place you closer to danger?

Also, it's not that I don't trust you, but the next best thing to a receipt is the disc itself. I don't suppose you could snap a pic of that to alleviate any potential issues of pirating?

idk what is.

image.php

this avatar quote is getting a LOT of mileage

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Australia just had it's BTB warriors vs MLG pros series.

3-2 BTB warriors :D

Not bad considering it was the 2 current top Aus teams and the BTB kids were mostly benchwarmers :D

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know I'm beating a dead horse... but can you confirm for certain that there isn't campaign theatre?

and when you say texture look 'bad', what do you mean? Worse than Reach?

1) Sorry, didn't know this was something the community was following - but I just went back to the campaign and hit start - nothing to record your campaign or what just happened, and nothing to hint that you can from what I see.

2) About on par with Reach. Rocks look better, and lighting is doing a lot of favors. But unquestionably, certain objects in the environment are far from spectacular.

So how exactly does the voting system work in 4?

You're given the options and you make a selection like before. But now your vote is "locked", so you can't be an asshat and bounce back and forth. God, am I thankful for that.

I guess it's called [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489582]Halo 4 Story Spoilers and Speculation[/URL]

Nice writeup! On the textures: Does foliage cover up most of the ground textures? Are there obvious places where you would say "it looks like they just slapped grass pictures on the ground"? Given that you've only had 40 minutes, would you say that the respawns could also place you closer to danger?

Also, it's not that I don't trust you, but the next best thing to a receipt is the disc itself. I don't suppose you could snap a pic of that to alleviate any potential issues of pirating?

Thanks for the link!

I honestly didn't pay much attention to the ground - but nothing struck me as obviously poor about it - and I was looking earlier specifically so I could nit-pick. The grass seems about Reach levels?

Yes, respawns could definitely put you in danger it seems - as it feels like they're built to get you closer to the action. That said, I have yet to be frustrated by a spawn point, which is something that happened to me a lot in previous games. Too early to tell - but you definitely bring up reason to be concerned.

And yeah, here's another pic :)

8129928265_f3acfc8950_c.jpg

Fotos

Can you post a picture of the back of the game case please? I have yet to see it anywhere.

Also Halo 4 is going to pass up Black Ops 2 on pre-orders.

Any info on it? (I did notice the extraction related objective items in forge)

Haven't heard much about it officially. I did see a video the other day that was taken down and I think I got the basic premise of it. It's essentially territories except you have to plant a bomb at the territory and then defend it until it explodes. I bet other people know more about it here than I do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom