• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno... Maybe he is referring to something story related that then relates to... Blah, Im not even going to try. The only thing I can think of is maybe Spartan Ops has some big spoilers that they are trying to keep secret?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Idk what that guys talking about lol. What's under embargo that's not directly related to the game itself or what's on the disc?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I dunno... Maybe he is referring to something story related that then relates to... Blah, Im not even going to try. The only thing I can think of is maybe Spartan Ops has some big spoilers that they are trying to keep secret?

nah it's obviously something service related

but... what?

there is so much you can do with services.

the question we should ask ourselves... is it a bigger deal than Spartan Ops?

seriously.gif

So the guys across the hall just got hauled in by the cops for drug possession.
The male cop plays a lot of Call of Duty.
I spent 20 minutes talking with the two lady RMs that called it in when I should have been writing an essay.

I'm trying to make sense of this.

Ken

So the guys across the hall just got hauled in by the cops for drug possession.
The male cop plays a lot of Call of Duty.
I spent 20 minutes talking with the two lady RMs that called it in when I should have been writing an essay.

I'm trying to make sense of this.

The P of Procrastination.

willow ve

Nice to have a new mystery to try to crack.

Maybe the Halo 5 Public Beta is available through Waypoint when launched from the Halo 4 Sparty Ops playlist.

willow ve

I'm not playing coy. I actually have no idea what he's talking about.

No I know. I'm trying to figure it out myself lol

Choc just posted

nope

and like i keep telling you don't get hyped or anything its nothing special, its nothing free, its not dlc etc

its just a major reason why MS is limiting the game right now

Don't think its breaking the NDA to say its not a BF3 style install....

So it could be that some playlists or gametypes are still a moving target / work in progress... So anyone playing online today is only getting a less than 100% experience? Who knows. Doesn't sound like any big issue.

I feel like he is trying to hint at something, but I have no idea what. :lol

nope

and like i keep telling you don't get hyped or anything its nothing special, its nothing free, its not dlc etc

its just a major reason why MS is limiting the game right now

Don't think its breaking the NDA to say its not a BF3 style install....

hmm

&

The funny thing is one part of the reason street dates exist (except for super hype AAA games) is to level the playing field of retail....

How do stores break street date anyway? I work at Target and the room where we keep our street dated stuff is always locked so whoever the leader on duty that night is knows who has the keys to that room. Not to mention there's at least a couple dozen cameras in that room.

Homeboyd

How do stores break street date anyway? I work at Target and the room where we keep our street dated stuff is always locked so whoever the leader on duty that night is knows who has the keys to that room. Not to mention there's at least a couple dozen cameras in that room.
Ma and pop.

willow ve

Come on 343, announce the skill based ranking system already.

The only place we have a chance of getting that answered is the next Halo Bulletin. You can submit official questions via this thread on Waypoint (even though the ranking has been brought up many times in the thread there's a good chance they simply don't talk about it). Still, never hurts to ask...

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst125458_Ask-a-Question-for-the-Halo-Bulletin.aspx

2XP Doritos are a fucking myth. Period. They do not exist in the wild.

I have only seen 6 individual bags. Those were in DC. Here in the midwest even double XP Dew is really hard to find...

GhaleonEB

I assume he's just taking about the fact that we whitelisted everyone in the media with a copy so they have access to all our pre-launch hoppers

Speaking of hoppers, do you know whether that's going to be something you guys talk about prior to launch? I have a placeholder bit in the OT draft for it, which I'll nuke if that's not coming yet.

DopeyFish

Speaking of hoppers, do you know whether that's going to be something you guys talk about prior to launch? I have a placeholder bit in the OT draft for it, which I'll nuke if that's not coming yet.

isn't your OT going up tonight? :eek:

oh wait that's tomorrow night.

FyreWulff

Ranks wouldn't make sense.. they've always just been reset the day before launch.

Playlists wouldn't make sense. They'd just update those right before launch.

I'm starting to think this is one of those journo-thinks-something-is-special but everyone else is like "oh, it's that one thing"

DopeyFish

Ranks wouldn't make sense.. they've always just been reset the day before launch.

Playlists wouldn't make sense. They'd just update those right before launch.

I'm starting to think this is one of those journo-thinks-something-is-special but everyone else is like "oh, it's that one thing"

"hey you can build maps in halo 4, surprise!!!"

Blissful

Neo Member
The only place we have a chance of getting that answered is the next Halo Bulletin. You can submit official questions via this thread on Waypoint (even though the ranking has been brought up many times in the thread there's a good chance they simply don't talk about it). Still, never hurts to ask...

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst125458_Ask-a-Question-for-the-Halo-Bulletin.aspx

I have only seen 6 individual bags. Those were in DC. Here in the midwest even double XP Dew is really hard to find...

They always seem to skip the ranking system question everytime. If they choose to answer it, I wont be surprised if they give a half-assed answer.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Someone mentioned it weeks ago- but even if there never ends up being an in-game ranking system, doesn't having a priority on skill based matching really strengthen something like HaloTracker's system? Essentially, it'd be the same thing.

I'm indifferent at this point. It's great to see how you are progressing, but I'll gladly admit it's incredibly nice not getting hit offline or playing against a stacked deck all day.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
He was talking about the test message of the day that we have up right now. Basically says that all the servers are still going online and there might be occasional mp outages. Although, to the credit of our services team, we haven't experienced any downtime so far.

FyreWulff

It's probably a playlist that only the journo gamertags can get into called David's Super Funtime Sack where everyone starts with Soul Edge / AR starts on Haven with score to win set to 5000, 200% movement speed, no shields, and low gravity.

They're hurriedly typing up the review of how much fun they had playing this earth shattering new take on the Halo sandbox, only held back by the NDA and a Doritos product placement.

edit: I like my version better

Is there a limitation on the number of players who can play split screen in campaign, spartan-ops or multiplayer?

I know in Reach only two people could play campaign, most multiplayer hoppers and firefight in split screen. It's a huge bummer when you've got four dudes over and all you want to do is play Big Team Battle.

I just want to jump in here before Halo 4 comes out in case I can jump in some games with you guys. I have played Anniversary and Reach with a few of you when I got the game early before my account here was activated. My gamertag was BigChelski at the time and I remember playing with Myyke and Tashi and there was someone else who I played with most of the time but can not remember his fucking name. All I remember was Myyke always fucking assassinating me!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Seriously just had two randoms try and betray us all game in Super Slayer. We still won.

Me: 26
Barrow: 18

With the douchebags filling in the rest.

Only on Reach.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just want to jump in here before Halo 4 comes out in case I can jump in some games with you guys. I have played Anniversary and Reach with a few of you when I got the game early before my account here was activated. My gamertag was BigChelski at the time and I remember playing with Myyke and Tashi and there was someone else who I played with most of the time but can not remember his fucking name. All I remember was Myyke always fucking assassinating me!

LOL

yes, I am stalking you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom