• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Looking at clips from the campaign trailers I almost wish they'd done the Reach thing and cut out certain portions in some places for use as maps. There are some really nice looking sections that don't seem to have a parallel in MM, instead unappealing snowy wastes like Meltdown. (I like the caves on that one though and it looks like it will play well)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Good luck to everyone in the path of Sandy. Stay safe.

Oh, and how bout dem Giants!

I know! Cowboys suck!

And yea before I don't get the chance to. Stay safe East Coast HaloGAF. I probably won't have power for a week or so. Hope you guys enjoy the montage. I put a lot of hours into that bad boy and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Keep it locked to Bravo's channel.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
seriously.gif

This has been my reaction to almost everything about halo 4.
But in a good way.

(except flaglue and bummerforge)

I know! Cowboys suck!

And yea before I don't get the chance to. Stay safe East Coast HaloGAF. I probably won't have power for a week or so. Hope you guys enjoy the montage. I put a lot of hours into that bad boy and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Keep it locked to Bravo's channel.

Damn, you think it'll be that bad for you? Where in NY are you located exactly? Good luck man, try to keep yourself loaded with food, drinks and books or something.

I'll probably lose power for a bit in Pittsburgh, but I would be surprised if its anything long term.

Good luck to everyone in the path of Sandy. Stay safe.

Oh, and how bout dem Giants!

Thank you.

I live in a suburb of a city in Upstate NY called Binghamton. Now Binghamton sucks, but the place I live is awesome.

Anyways, since I started working at 17 in 2008, I've worked at the same grocery store, and it got bought out by a much bigger chain now. I've got a good job (price accuracy coordinator, bunch of tags/signs/computer shit) and just got promoted to full time this month once I got out of school until I find something in my field (Comp sci)...

but holy shit, days like today make me wish I never got into the business, I was there from 11:30 PM Saturday night, until 2PM today helping out the store because we were so swamped. We had at least triple our business for a usual sunday, craziness, at least people are preparing. The fear around here is insane, not to mention the rudeness since people need someone to blame and don't want to spend the money they have to spend, it's mentally exhausting.

We were one of the worst hit places last year in Sept by that big flood, people aren't taking any chances this time, and hopefully Sandy has mercy on us :p

I probably won't have power for a week or so.

Yeah be safe Tash, as a fellow New Yorker (upstate tho) it's gonna hit us hard. Probably will put in 100 hours at the store this week given the generator keeps up, shit's gonna get real, but hopefully it's managable. My area cannot handle a repeat of last year.

On a brighter note: After this hellacious week (and all the stuff that comes with it) it will probably fly, hoping to have power back by Friday for MLG Dallas.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, you think it'll be that bad for you? Where in NY are you located exactly? Good luck man, try to keep yourself loaded with food, drinks and books or something.

I'll probably lose power for a bit in Pittsburgh, but I would be surprised if its anything long term.

I'm in Putnam County, an hour or so North of NYC. Irene and that Snow Storm last year knocked out the power for about 5-6 days. Considering how much land this storm will cover, I'm not expecting any work to begin happening until like late Wednesday or Thursday. It's too widespread, not enough workers and resources. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed the Halo 4 launch to be honest.

So I'm ready for the long run but if it comes on sooner, fantastic. If not, I'm ready.

I'm in Putnam County, an hour or so North of NYC. Irene and that Snow Storm last year knocked out the power for about 5-6 days. Considering how much land this storm will cover, I'm not expecting any work to begin happening until like late Wednesday or Thursday. It's too widespread, not enough workers and resources. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed the Halo 4 launch to be honest.

So I'm ready for the long run but if it comes on sooner, fantastic. If not, I'm ready.

Yeah, we live 3 hours away from each other according to Google Maps, I'm 3 hours northwest of you.

I didn't think it was going to be as bad as that, but you never know, it's basically a county by county basis up here.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Right now is the time to invest in a generator.

Also, a lockpick kit and some black clothing.
I'm not suggesting you loot your local gamestop, but leave the money on the front desk and get your copy.

Right now is the time to invest in a generator.

Also, a lockpick kit and some black clothing.
I'm not suggesting you loot your local gamestop, but leave the money on the front desk and get your copy.

Lol yeah, since I get my own office in the store since I have "information-sensitive" material. I figured i'd just hook up my xbox and monitor in there and play single player on my off time off the store generator :p. However, I dont think they'd want me using the electric that way =(

Ah, yeah I forgot some places are getting snow. Keep safe and warm.

Question, is the song that starts at 2:28 in this video even in the OST? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KLtf8DzCU&sns=em

Damn, no its not...and that is an amazing sounding track. Wtf?

I really wonder if there will be an OST volume 2... seems to be a lot of music in that video that isn't really in the OST. Like a lot of really good music. What the hell.

Frankie or David,
There are a few people here that may be obtaining an early copy this week. Is it possible to get some of us added to the whitelist? It would be awesome not to go through a ban and customer service :/

Frankie or David,
There are a few people here that may be obtaining an early copy this week. Is it possible to get some of us added to the whitelist? It would be awesome not to go through a ban and customer service :/

I think it is messed up that a consumer has to be put on a list to avoid getting banned. Not everybody knows about this, and it isn't the person fault the store sold it to them early.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I think it is messed up that a consumer has to be put on a list to avoid getting banned. Not everybody knows about this, and it isn't the person fault the store sold it to them early.

It's necessary. Balance the number of people intentionally buying the game early to stupid salespeople vs. the number of people handing out free pirated copies.

It's necessary. Balance the number of people intentionally buying the game early to stupid salespeople vs. the number of people handing out free pirated copies.

Xbox Live has an automated system that tells if a copy is legit or pirated and bans based on that.

Not sure why they are banning everyone that isn't whitelisted, people always get copies of games early. (Note: Haven't read anything outside of the first page of that thread, so if this isn't accurate, correct me.)

Pop

Just shows you they can't tell the difference between a legit or burned copy.

Xbox Live has an automated system that tells if a copy is legit or pirated and bans based on that.

I don't know...

Why are legit copies getting banned then?

Omni

Frankie or David,

Just play offline for a week.

I don't know...

Why are legit copies getting banned then?

Because apparently they specifically have it set to only allow whitelisted Xbox's to play it.

It's obviously not the norm, as almost every game that comes out has people getting it early and playing it signed into Xbox Live and they aren't banned.

Just play offline for a week.

Yeah could probably use that time for campaign/ forge - I imagine that 343 will turn everything live this weekend though because leaving it till Tuesday is probably a bit too risky.

Tbh this close to launch I would probably just settle for getting the game on Tuesday - going to keep my fingers crossed to get it earlier though lol

Pop

Because apparently they specifically have it set to only allow whitelisted Xbox's to play it.

It's obviously not the norm, as almost every game that comes out has people getting it early and playing it signed into Xbox Live and they aren't banned.

I know that. I was just speaking about Halo 4. Why go through the trouble of setting up a "whitelist" for certian xbox's. And why isn't this whitelist destroyed yet. Hell were only a week away.

I know that. I was just speaking about Halo 4. Why go through the trouble of setting up a "whitelist" for certian xbox's. And why isn't this whitelist destroyed yet. Hell were only a week away.

I would assume it will be wiped on the 1st when the embargo lifts. I couldn't imagine it existing after that.

As for why it exists in the first place, I have no idea.

FyreWulff

I don't know why it is there anyways, Xbox Live had a pretty good detection system in place and I assume the newest update improved on that too.

Not currently, people are playing on retail live with jtags due to a new and still unfixed exploit, which also led to a new surge of modding in Reach. MS can't tell the difference between a pirated copy and a retail copy playing online, they look the same to the servers.

Easier to just do a whitelist.

wwm0nkey

Not currently, people are playing on retail live with jtags due to a new and still unfixed exploit, which also led to a new surge of modding in Reach. MS can't tell the difference between a pirated copy and a retail copy playing online, they look the same to the servers.

Easier to just do a whitelist.

Well great :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom