• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
The OT is in less than 24 hours.

Hold me.

KixZ4.gif

If you insist....

I am excite!

Ryaaan14

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/KixZ4.gif[img]

If you insist....

[spoiler]I am excite![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I'm driving my girlfriend 2 1/2 hours both ways back to my place for the first time to meet my friends, cats, etc. And my number 1 priority is still going to be posting this as the first post of the OT.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wXW5e.gif

If I fail, fuck Halo 4 I'm done.

Edit: OH FUCK I'M GONNA BE DRIVING WHEN THE OT IS POSTED. FUCK.

Omni

Eh. It bugs me.
I don't go to Waypoint much any more anyway. Posted in that question thread yesterday for the bulletin and thanked a whole lot of people while I was there, but that's about it.

Frankly though, the whole system is a complete joke. If you want 'thanks' all you have to do it post some 'witty' one liner within the first couple of replies. Doesn't matter if the post is actually helpful or relevant, as long as it's sarcastic and/or funny, people will mindlessly 'thank' it. I simply 'thank' everyone in spite.

Hold me.
What happens to this thread what the OT comes?

blamite

So I finished my Halo 2 (mostly) co-op replay earlier tonight. I still like the game a lot, but I'm beginning to see its faults more and more each time I play it. This game's Brutes are just badtheir attack patterns are just uninteresting and there's pretty much no variety to them aside from the weapon they use and whether or not they're wearing a hat. Halo 3 was just a huge step up in that regard.

I still love the game's environment though, and the way the game is structured in two-level chunks alternating between the Chief and the Arbiter. The first time I played the campaign I didn't even realize Outskirts and Metropolis were separate levels, for example. The lack of loading screens helps a lot. I really like the different environments you play through, although now that I think about it, there weren't really that many. I think each level for the most part stays fresh by slowly progressing the theme, like the transition from Old to New Mombasa, the storm enveloping the gas mine, or the underwater tunnels breaking up the Delta Halo ruins. Unlike the other games where each level feels totally independent from all the others, Halo 2 has a sense of progressing through different parts of a world.

Overall I still love the game, but it's becoming more and more apparent how annoying certain aspects can be.

Hold me.

Crazy. It's finally getting to me how close we are to launch. Can't wait.

exYle

What happens when the Halo 4 OT moves to Community? Do you guys just engulf them or do HaloGAF and Halo4GAF start a war

What happens when the Halo 4 OT moves to Community? Do you guys just engulf them or do HaloGAF and Halo4GAF start a war

Expecting the former, hoping for the latter.

Also, that thread about the guy getting banned is ridiculous. There's people actually attacking the poor guy for buying a game early, Jesus H. Christ.

L1NETT

People in England care about Rugby?

Haha ;-)

Gui, how is London? I forgot to wish you good luck (Have been in Barca!) so sorry about that.

----

I have been gone a while and blimey a lot of stuff has happened!

In Summary

Vortex gameplay looked solid, liking the thruster pack very much. Should be my AA of choice.

Gameplay trailer was very good, although not as good as previous Halo offerings. The Halo 4 ads have been excellent, although it does show how good Bungie were at making theirs.

My Brother played Halo 4 at MCM Expo on Saturday and said PV was extremely useful . (He was playing Slayer on Abandon I think). Although it might have been to do with the quality of his opposition who he said were fairly average. Oh and the light rifle was his weapon of choice.

Edit: Sorry if this has been posted, but clear video of Multikill sounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_Brpk1MWw&feature=g-u-u

Gui_PT

Stupid foreigners making fun of their new country's culture.

At least your feet got warm. Groan warmth is the best warmth.

It's all good, we're groin brothers now.

Haha ;-)

Gui, how is London? I forgot to wish you good luck (Have been in Barca!) so sorry about that.

This place is freezing. I wasn't expecting this kind of cold.
Everything's been pretty cool and the scale of everything is ridiculous compared to what we get in Portugal.

Other than barely finding anyone that's actually from London to help us with indications, I've been having no problems.

It's all good, we're groin brothers now.

This place is freezing. I wasn't expecting this kind of cold.
Everything's been pretty cool and the scale of everything is ridiculous compared to what we get in Portugal.

Other than barely finding anyone that's actually from London to help us with indications, I've been having no problems.

How you're doing with finding work? I can imagine it being kinda scary moving to a huge city in a foreign country to find work.

Gui_PT

How you're doing with finding work? I can imagine it being kinda scary moving to a huge city in a foreign country to find work.

Got a few agencies and people helping out so hopefully is a matter of time. Just spent this weekend learning my way around and getting used to the place.

Crossing the road was confusing in the first day, nearly got hit by a car a couple of times.
Apparently there are no window blinds in this country! So I wake up way too soon with the sunlight and as I said it's complicated getting instructions because 8 out of 10 people aren't actually from London.

Omni

Seems this thread has slowed down quite a bit over a last couple of days.

Anyway... anyone know how disc 1/2 work? Do you have to install disc 2 before you put in disc 1 for the first time? Or does it tell you to insert disc 2 upon first launching the game from disc 1?

TheOddOne

AmericaHaloGAF is the best. When they sleep, everything halts.

I think disk two has the option to install multiplayer to the harddrive, so if you do install it you don't have to put disk 2 in it ever again. Disk 1 will launch everything then. Could be wrong though.

FyreWulff

Some of MurkaGAF is still awake
plz shoot me

Anyway... anyone know how disc 1/2 work? Do you have to install disc 2 before you put in disc 1 for the first time? Or does it tell you to insert disc 2 upon first launching the game from disc 1?

Assuming it's like Forza, so Disc 1 will probably ask you to insert Disc 2.

Rev3rb

What. If... we need to put in both disks at the same time? Fuckin' Dual disk technology.

I think disk two has the option to install multiplayer to the harddrive, so if you do install it you don't have to put disk 2 in it ever again. Disk 1 will launch everything then. Could be wrong though.

Some clarification on this would be great as I am still not sure whether or not you have to install the multiplayer portion of the game in order to access it or can you play it off of the disc (the 2nd disc I guess).

I still have the older model elite version of the Xbox 360 with a 120 GB HD and my son still has a older model with a 20 GB HD. So if the install is mandatory I will need to get him a USB drive to put the multiplayer portion on.

MrBig

D2 is only an install disc, it can not be used to play the game. You must install D2 if you want to do anything besides campaign, and then put it in your case and never touch it again.

Got a few agencies and people helping out so hopefully is a matter of time. Just spent this weekend learning my way around and getting used to the place.

Crossing the road was confusing in the first day, nearly got hit by a car a couple of times.
Apparently there are no window blinds in this country! So I wake up way too soon with the sunlight and as I said it's complicated getting instructions because 8 out of 10 people aren't actually from London.

Have you moved to London Gui? Whereabouts are you? :)

*stalkerGAF*

A question, did anyone else get followed by someone called sk3tch on twitter. I know there was a Bungie employee named sk3tch on Gaf who used to post but I'm not sure if it's the same guy.

Fuchsdh

Hold me.

Should we be staying out of the Halo 4 |OT| if we're shying from spoilers, or will that still be verboten except in the Halo 4 spoiler thread?

Either way, glass raised to OT11. We hardly knew thee, but damn did we try and fill it up fast :p

Sun? In England? Are you sure you're in the right country?

Good luck on the hunt, though. This hurricane has been eye-opening because as I went from store to store I kept running into my high school classmates who went to better universities then me, got better grades, and are now doing retail whereas I have a full-time job with benefits in my chosen field. I'm incredibly lucky.

A question, did anyone else get followed by someone called sk3tch on twitter. I know there was a Bungie employee named sk3tch on Gaf who used to post but I'm not sure if it's the same guy.

If he says he can give you recon I'd say he's the real deal. :lol

Just one week until midnight release! HNNNNNGGGGFFFFFFF

In more depressing news, the Halo4Remix contest ends tonight... and my computer's been in the shop since last Wednesday. So I haven't been able to do the real submission I intended on. :(

If he says he can give you recon I'd say he's the real deal. :lol

Just one week until midnight release! HNNNNNGGGGFFFFFFF

In more depressing news, the Halo4Remix contest ends tonight... and my computer's been in the shop since last Wednesday. So I haven't been able to do the real submission I intended on. :(

lol, I can't find anything about him anymore. Still, one more follower!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You want to Gaming Side tripe? Yeah, this place doesn't seem so bad.
Gaming side has actually been kinda positive on Halo aside from obvious ones trying to bait people.

I'd like to see the OT not get filled up before people even have a copy of the game in their hands is all. Especially considering how quickly this community fills up its OT's.

TheOddOne

Gaming side has actually been kinda positive on Halo aside from obvious ones trying to bait people.

I'd like to see the OT not get filled up before people even have a copy of the game in their hands is all. Especially considering how quickly this community fills up its OT's.
True. I guess this thread will live on.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

You know right off the bat half the posts in OT will be people saying it doesnt look as good as killzone or uncharted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom