• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, no FF makes my launch loadout so much better. lol... All those damn times I would be hit by friendly grenades while in camo are no more. My pulse grenades are ready. Almost full promethean loadout. ;)

Primary: Light Rifle
Secondary: Boltshot
Grenade: Pulse Grenade
Armor Ability: Active Camo
Tactical Package: Grenadier
Support Upgrade: Explosives

Shadders

I don't care for CoD at all, but that ad was 100x better than anything we've got with Halo 4. Okay, maybe the live action with the Chief and Didact was a lot better, but everything else has been pretty meh

Yeah, I don't really care for CoD, but as a piece of promotional video that ad was fantastic. Great music, great action, great camera work, funny, celebrity appearances, a surprise ending, gives a good description of the game's content.

It's a tour de force in advertising.

Yeah, I don't really care for CoD, but as a piece of promotional video that ad was fantastic. Great music, great action, great camera work, funny, celebrity appearances, a surprise ending, gives a good description of the game's content.

Gotta agree with this... it was beautifully done and I'm no fan of CoD.

Tunavi

Banned

thats what you can do with $1 billlion in revenue from consistent yearly releases

edit: do people ever question themselves for buying this game over and over again every year?

Buddermilk

Neo Member
Man, no FF makes my launch loadout so much better. lol... All those damn times I would be hit by friendly grenades while in camo are no more. My pulse grenades are ready. Almost full promethean loadout. ;)

Looks good, tho I still have yet to see any footage of AC in Halo 4.

Nirvana

Good ad. Have to say that I'm a little disappointed to see Robert Downey in it, I guess since he did Iron Man and the Avengers he has lost all indie credability. I bet he didn't do any advertising for the slew of shitty Iron Man games...

Shadders

Good ad. Have to say that I'm a little disappointed to see Robert Downey in it, I guess since he did Iron Man and the Avengers he has lost all indie credability. I bet he didn't do any advertising for the slew of shitty Iron Man games...

Good point! I don't think he even did any voice work for them.

Looks good, tho I still have yet to see any footage of AC in Halo 4.

If the footage we've seen of it so far isn't bugged, then Active Camo received a huge nerf. The radar jammer aspect of it is no longer a radar jammer. Instead there are about 6 blue dots that show up and act the same way a radar jammer does. However, because they are blue and there is so few of them, they do not clutter the radar or seek to deceive anyone. Instead they are there as sort of a notification for players to tell them that an Active Camo player is around, without actually affecting the radar. This is a pretty significant nerf. So if a camo player is moving while their camo is turned on, they will be a lone red dot among a few blue dots.

Also anyone know of any forge communities I might be missing for the Forge OT?

Forgehub [FH]
XForgery [XF]
Blueprint [BP]
Waypoint [WP]
The Halo Council [THC]
ReachingPerfection [RP]
Forge Cafe [FC]
MLG Forge Forum [MLGFF]

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
If the footage we've seen of it so far isn't bugged, then Active Camo received a huge nerf. The radar jammer aspect of it is no longer a radar jammer. Instead there are about 6 blue dots that show up and act the same way a radar jammer does. However, because they are blue and there is so few of them, they do not clutter the radar or seek to deceive anyone. Instead they are there as sort of a notification for players to tell them that an Active Camo player is around, without actually affecting the radar. This is a pretty significant nerf. So if a camo player is moving while their camo is turned on, they will be a lone red dot among a few blue dots.

God I'm loving Halo 4. It's everything we've ever wanted and less.

Holy shit at the Guy Ritchie directed Blops 2 ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ

They got Robert Downey jr. !!!
So their pre-orders get you exclusive maps, or certain maps for free?

That's how you do a fucking commercial, 343i
I didn't really have a strong opinion about the Scanned trailer (the shortened version was better somehow), but it was better than this.

I'm sure it had a little something to do with Ritchie being the director of the commercial, although I wouldn't have been able to tell if I didn't already know.

willow ve

Good point! I don't think he even did any voice work for them.

Maybe he did it because Guy Ritchie asked him to do it? They have a fairly strong connection these days.

Nirvana

Maybe he did it because Guy Ritchie asked him to do it? They have a fairly strong connection these days.

I'm trying to decide if that helps his case or not. I suppose if Marty Scorsese was your buddy and he told you he was doing an add for erectile dysfunction he wanted you to star in, you'd probably say yes...albeit after an awkward pause.

Yeah no one here has ever played a rated M game underage..

For an M rated game Halo is blood free and pretty cartoony. That is about as far as it goes, no Gears, CoD even though his entire class plays those games. You have to cut them slack somewhere and he loves the Halo canon. The point was the first thing he thought of when I told him no ff was to spam grenades and rockets.

Buddermilk

Neo Member

Wow, significant indeed. Add Promethean Vision and AC sounds close to useless.

bGanci

Banned
For an M rated game Halo is blood free and pretty cartoony. That is about as far as it goes, no Gears, CoD even though his entire class plays those games. You have to cut them slack somewhere and he loves the Halo canon. The point was the first thing he thought of when I told him no ff was to spam grenades and rockets.
agreed!

Entire Chesapeake district of UPS was closed. Worked for about an hour and a half, then went and picked up my wife from her job and now it's time to hunker down! May or may not be online for Reach, power or not, got the generator gassed up and ready to go!

Let's do this.

Since we're posting potential loadouts:

BOUNTY HUNTER

DMR
PISTOL
FRAGS
JETPACK
AMMO
FAST TRACK

GhaleonEB

Don't worry, three weeks of grinding and all that can be yours.

JackHerer

Do we know if Camo shows up in Promethean Vision? If not, depending on how much PV is used (I suspect a lot), it could be a very effective as a way of tricking PV users into thinking an area is safe when you're really just sitting there in Camo with a sword or something.

I know PV will be my go to so I'm curious to know if it detects Camo.

boltshot (overcharged) + active camo could be dangerous.

Boltshot in general is going to be really powerful. I personally don't think you should be able to spawn with a weapon that can kill in one shot.

Louis Wu

Giving away all of the Halo 4 goodies I've got from E3 / SDCC / RTX / PAX / NYCC soon, creating a video with the details tomorrow.

This includes all 15 extra bags from the NYCC Waypoint / Mega Bloks event, with Halo 4 VOTE shirts and posters :)

Will post a link when it's up!
lol - I still have your signed MegaBloks poster. I guess if you've got 15 bags of swag, you don't need it... you mind if I just throw it into the prize pool of the Guilt O' Lantern contest?

Good ad. Have to say that I'm a little disappointed to see Robert Downey in it, I guess since he did Iron Man and the Avengers he has lost all indie credability.
What does this even mean? When did he EVER have "indie credability [sic']"... and why you you even NEED that to do a COD ad?

The whole "omg actor X made a gazillion dollars I don't respect them any more" makes me laugh. :)

Tunavi

Banned
What does this even mean? When did he EVER have "indie credability [sic']"... and why you you even NEED that to do a COD ad?

The whole "omg actor X made a gazillion dollars I don't respect them any more" makes me laugh. :)
but dude. Iron man could have been so indie.

zethren

Banned
Eh, i dont see the problem. RDJ's sense of humor with it was a nice touch.

I'll echo the other sentiments: I don't much care for COD anymore, but that was a good ad.

I don't give a fuck about movie star credibility and am delighted RDJ is taking down racks on racks on racks, but he did actually have a lot of indie credibility once upon a time, when he was in Less Than Zero and the like.

Nirvana

lol - I still have your signed MegaBloks poster. I guess if you've got 15 bags of swag, you don't need it... you mind if I just throw it into the prize pool of the Guilt O' Lantern contest?

He used to do little art house movies essentially, like Less Than Zero, then got heavily into drugs and was blotted out of Hollywood land for a while, before making a come back with Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which was a fantastic flick.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Iron Man and the Avengers, I just think it's weird for someone like him to do an ad for Black Ops. It's not because I think he's 'sold out' it just doesn't really fit with the way he presents himself, or presented himself for a long time.

JHall

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Snap It, Lock It, Spawn A Little Rocket

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Of Zero G, Ordnance, and Magnets, Bitch!

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Going Off The Grid

Halo 4 Forge |OT| FORGE... IN... SPAAAAAAAACE

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Limestone? Check. Prairies? Check. Comets? Check. Salt? Check!

Halo 4 Forge |OT| A Far Cry From Previous Iterations

If you can wait for me to get my desktop computer back (hopefully today!) I can probably whip up a neat little banner tonight.

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Fifty Shades of Grey.

Wow, significant indeed. Add Promethean Vision and AC sounds close to useless.

Do we know if Camo shows up in Promethean Vision? If not, depending on how much PV is used (I suspect a lot), it could be a very effective as a way of tricking PV users into thinking an area is safe when you're really just sitting there in Camo with a sword or something.

I know PV will be my go to so I'm curious to know if it detects Camo.

Boltshot in general is going to be really powerful. I personally don't think you should be able to spawn with a weapon that can kill in one shot.

I remember hearing somewhere that AC and Hologram are the counters for PV. If this is true then the more PV there is, the better AC gets. :)

And yeah... boltshot is going to be amazing for my ambush playstyle.

fixed it to a man's lineup

The BR just doesn't feel like it has any kick to it. Feels so pathetic in comparison to the DMR or LR. And plus the LR fits better for my style. Either pure close range or pure long range... which the LR works best at both extremes.

EDIT: Also frags and plasmas are for wusses. Pulse grenades are where it's at. Instasplode, extended area of denial, and vehicle disruption? There is a reason you only get one in a standard loadout. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom