• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Have you moved to London Gui? Whereabouts are you? :)

*stalkerGAF*

Neasden

Sun? In England? Are you sure you're in the right country?

Good luck on the hunt, though. This hurricane has been eye-opening because as I went from store to store I kept running into my high school classmates who went to better universities then me, got better grades, and are now doing retail whereas I have a full-time job with benefits in my chosen field. I'm incredibly lucky.

I'm pretty good at flippin' burgers

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I love Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

tumblr_m9stupHJ7x1rxevt4o1_500.gif

Do we know if Camo shows up in Promethean Vision? If not, depending on how much PV is used (I suspect a lot), it could be a very effective as a way of tricking PV users into thinking an area is safe when you're really just sitting there in Camo with a sword or something.

I know PV will be my go to so I'm curious to know if it detects Camo.

According to this site you only show up as an outline when you're camo'd and get spotted with Pro Vision. The Wetworks Specialization does the same thing, and is active all the time.

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Tony the Tiger endorses forge but gets cut off by Kanye at the end causing Certain Affinity mass confusion and less than colorful results.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I go into MLG and win one on Zealot, lose one on CTF Pit, I decide I've had enough of slip and slide the "official competitive" gametype for H4 Beta and so I go into Super Slayer only to be greeted with Uncaged and full on red bar for everyone.

I really hope they fix this before release.

Looks good, tho I still have yet to see any footage of AC in Halo 4.

If the footage we've seen of it so far isn't bugged, then Active Camo received a huge nerf. The radar jammer aspect of it is no longer a radar jammer. Instead there are about 6 blue dots that show up and act the same way a radar jammer does. However, because they are blue and there is so few of them, they do not clutter the radar or seek to deceive anyone. Instead they are there as sort of a notification for players to tell them that an Active Camo player is around, without actually affecting the radar. This is a pretty significant nerf. So if a camo player is moving while their camo is turned on, they will be a lone red dot among a few blue dots.

Here's some good Camo footage Buddermilk.

Are you sure that's how it works GP? I thought that the radar jammer only appeared that way to the Camo user so they can tell where their teammates are and distinguish the enemies easier. In fact, I remember reading impressions that the Camo's dots, since they're more limited, are more believable to the enemies now and is harder to figure out which dot is the Camo guy. The dots don't just shoot out all over the place, they do more interesting things on the radar.

According to this site you only show up as an outline when you're camo'd and get spotted with Pro Vision. The Wetworks Specialization does the same thing, and is active all the time.

I think I get it now... so with PV you see people through walls as an outline, but people in your LOS are silhouettes of color. However players in AC are always an outline whether behind a wall or in LOS. At least this is what it sounds like.

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Tony the Tiger endorses forge but gets cut off by Kanye at the end causing Certain Affinity mass confusion and less than colorful results.

Done.

Halo 4 Forge |OT| "It's good enough"

Would you like some pepper with that. ;)

Halo 4 Forge |OT| "Now with real-time posting"

:lol

Not bad... lol. But a little too simple since we will more than likely only stay with 1 forge OT. It's gotta be good.

JHall

Are you sure that's how it works GP? I thought that the radar jammer only appeared that way to you so you can tell where your teammates are and distinguish the enemies easier. In fact, I remember reading impressions that the Camo's dots, since they're more limited, are more believable to the enemies now and is harder to figure out which dot is the Camo guy. The dots don't just shoot out all over the place, they do more interesting things on the radar.

Camo should be a pickup like overshield. But no, that's just too simple.

Elginer

Long time lurker and big Halo fan. I just wanted to finally introduce myself. Really looking forward to Halo 4 and hope that it's a return to form for the series. I'm no where near as hardcore as some of you here as I play MP casually am more focused on Campaign, which is prob why I am really looking forward to Spartan Ops.

So yeah, hiya! Looking forward to the OT as well. :)

BigShow36

Long time lurker and big Halo fan. I just wanted to finally introduce myself. Really looking forward to Halo 4 and hope that it's a return to form for the series. I'm no where near as hardcore as some of you here as I play MP casually am more focused on Campaign, which is prob why I am really looking forward to Spartan Ops.

So yeah, hiya! Looking forward to the OT as well. :)

Halo 4 sucks and you should feel bad. You're not allowed to be excited for it.

Buddermilk

Neo Member

Are you sure that's how it works GP? I thought that the radar jammer only appeared that way to the Camo user so they can tell where their teammates are and distinguish the enemies easier. In fact, I remember reading impressions that the Camo's dots, since they're more limited, are more believable to the enemies now and is harder to figure out which dot is the Camo guy. The dots don't just shoot out all over the place, they do more interesting things on the radar.

Thank you, I'll try and sneak watching this in today at work. The way you describe the radar-jammer sounds more logical, that's sort of the impression I got from GP's initial post.

If AC is the counter to PV I will be a happy camper.

Camo should be a pickup like overshield. But no, that's just too simple.

Hell yes it should! I would love for it to be one of the powerups with OS, Speed Boost and Damage Boost. Why 343 kept it as an AA after Reach's failures is beyond me.. There's simply no way to (or any reason to) balance an intentionally overpowered powerup into an AA that people spawn with, without it becoming either useless or frustration to fight against and play/team with.

Louis Wu

I don't give a fuck about movie star credibility and am delighted RDJ is taking down racks on racks on racks, but he did actually have a lot of indie credibility once upon a time, when he was in Less Than Zero and the like.

lol - Less Than Zero had music by the Bangles. "Indie cred"? Pfft.

His work in Weird Science will never be topped.
This. :) (He's an actor. He takes acting gigs. Some of them are silly. Some aren't. He makes a fucking FANTASTIC Tony Stark - I don't care if he made 50 million for the role, the movie brought in well over a billion dollars.)

The idea that ANY actor appearing in a commercial (A COMMERCIAL) for a multi-billion-dollar franchise can lay claim to 'indie cred' is simply absurd.

First of all... those impressions were mine. And yes they are more believable dots now and I've been wondering why would the dots be blue if they are acting like a radar jammer with elevation readings and what not. And I finally figured it out. I went back over the camo footage from an enemy point of view. Below are two videos where you can see the player in the vicinity of a camo player and then engaging the camo player. And I discovered something. Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRK5YzD8rU&t=2m45s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuTN1dImV9M&t=0m38s

So I noticed while watching that there were times where the enemies dot was red, but there were times when it flashed blue. And I observed a little closer. It turns out that you are actually blue most of the time while AC is turned on. HOWEVER, when you sprint or fire your gun your dot turns red. The reason why they were red in those two clips is because they were firing or sprinting... but in general if you aren't doing that then you are blue.

So I was wrong... and I am VERY happy about that. That does mean I still get my radar jamming aspect. I'm so excited.

Yea I don't understand the mentality of making active camo an AA.

Should be in ordnance drops with overshields

And not just Personal Ordnance either, these powerups should have been Global Ordnance too.. Powerups should've have been the consistent drops in neutral places on the maps with the weapons being random like they are now (which is another bad decision).

So many steps forward, while still taking steps back..

First of all... those impressions were mine. And yes they are more believable dots now and I've been wondering why would the dots be blue if they are acting like a radar jammer with elevation readings and what not. And I finally figured it out. I went back over the camo footage from an enemy point of view. Below are two videos where you can see the player in the vicinity of a camo player and then engaging the camo player. And I discovered something. Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRK5YzD8rU&t=2m45s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuTN1dImV9M&t=0m38s

So I noticed while watching that there were times where the enemies dot was red, but there were times when it flashed blue. And I observed a little closer. It turns out that you are actually blue most of the time while AC is turned on. HOWEVER, when you sprint or fire your gun your dot turns red. The reason why they were red in those two clips is because they were firing or sprinting... but in general if you aren't doing that then you are blue.

So I was wrong... and I am VERY happy about that. That does mean I still get my radar jamming aspect. I'm so excited.

Nice. I'm stuck between Camo, PV, JP and HLS as my first AA's. Probably gonna see what my teammates are using before I decide.

And not just Personal Ordnance either, these powerups should have been Global Ordnance too.. Powerups should've have been the consistent drops in neutral places on the maps with the weapons being random like they are now (which is another bad decision).

So many steps forward, while still taking steps back..

Nice. I'm stuck between Camo, PV, JP and HLS as my first AA's. Probably gonna see what my teammates are using before I decide.

There shouldn't even be global ordnance drops. Such an idiotic change.

That CoD ad did nothing to make me want to buy the game, but I suspect it is meant as more of a heads-up to players of the previous games that a new one is coming.

Still not getting Sandy-blasted, but that will change in the next 12 ours or so. Good luck to any of you who are in its path.

Buddermilk

Neo Member
Very interesting AC stuff, it's hard to tell what's going on in the radar given the quality of the videos, I did notice that the time it takes to return invisible after moving/sprinting seems much shorter.

Very interesting AC stuff, it's hard to tell what's going on in the radar given the quality of the videos, I did notice that the time it takes to return invisible after moving/sprinting seems much shorter.

Definitely... now that I know radar jamming is back in I'm definitely re-excited to use AC. :) I thought they took away my misdirection capabilities with the radar jammer as that is the main reason I use it. Most people see the radar jammer as a hindrance, while instead it is a bonus. Two AAs in one? Yes please... *dances*

Overdoziz

Banned
Camo is so great as a power-up, especially for objective gametypes.
But you can't unlock things that are placed on the map so 343 kept it as an armor ability! Better stack up on Doritos* and Mountain Dew* to obtain codes for Dewblexp and get camo early!

*Only available in 3 stores across 2 countries in the world.

Man, I love Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Gay Perry: I want you to picture a bullet inside your head right now. Can you do that for me?
Gunman: Fuck you. Anyway, that's ambiguous.
Gay Perry: Ambiguous. No, no, I don't think so.
Harry: No, I think what he means is that when you say "Picture it inside your head" okay is that that a bullet will be inside your head. Or picture it in your head.
Gay Perry: Harry will you SHUT UP.

J10

Banned
I hope they bring back minimum/maximum scoring settings for slayer gametypes. In Halo 2/3 I used to set up games where everybody on the team had to score a minimum of ten points for the team to win. That was fun.

The COD ad is really fun, but it also highlights what I like least about COD games.

"OK- I'm here, and my teammates are here. We've got this point and this point locked down. I'm in a perfect strategic position. There's an enemy player- got him in my sights..."

SURPRISE!

You didn't pick the right perk or killstreak and he did. Go fuck yourself. You LOSE.

And now they've built a high-dollar ad with this design component as its centerpiece. Awesome.

Woorloog

Banned
I hope they bring back minimum/maximum scoring settings for slayer gametypes. In Halo 2/3 I used to set up games where everybody on the team had to score a minimum of ten points for the team to win. That was fun.

Whaat? This is possible in Halo 3? Hell, Halo 2 for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom