• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

People hated Halo 2, Halo 3 and ODST. Poor Halo Wars gets a lot of hate too man. You'll never ever please every audience. That's the nature of change. You lose some fans here but you gain some fans over there.

I'm sure you realise there's a difference between the ratio of negative reactions from say, Halo 2 and 3, and how they affected the health of the game and the franchise when compared to that of Reach. I'm almost certain you do. And that's the disparity I'm talking about. You'll never please everyone, but Reach crossed a line that 2 and 3 didn't. I'm wagering that the changes in 4 will cause such a mass disparity.

And to clarify I don't believe it's the sheer number of changes, I believe it's how they contradict prior established notions of what the franchise is, and what it's audience should expect. If the changes fit in with that I don't believe you get as strongly polarised a reaction. And I'd be able to respect 343 more if the changes made represented a unique, original vision, rather than one which has proved popular for many since 2007. That's not what Halo should aspire to, for me.

Halo's Halo. Reach diluted that, I think Halo 4 could too.

Would be happy to be wrong, very intrigued to see if I am.

HaloGAF denizens who have played the game aren't split on Halo 4. The loudest complainers haven't even touched it. It's leaps and bounds better than Reach. It's a return to form. Frak the haters!

HaloGAF denizens who have played the game aren't split on Halo 4. The loudest complainers haven't even touched it. It's leaps and bounds better than Reach. It's a return to form. Frak the haters!

Yea but most people who played Reach ahead of time loved that too.

It helps when going to 343 shows meeting them all, people here start to not want to say what they should say.

Plus the fact no matter how much you played in your times with, its actually not much playtime.

Not calling em liars but they have that buzz. That feeling you just got laid after a dryspell.

So monsterfracas just randomly received some amazing Xbox Live messages from one of the banned juniors from a while ago. Will upload YouTube links in a moment, it's hilarious.

edit: meh, too lazy to make a video

Tawpgun

Hopefully they beefed thrust because it felt useless during my time with the game at NYCC.

It didn't even take into account previous momentum. As in if you lifted off a man-cannon, and thrusted mid air, you would actually go shorter than the mancannon distance.

Then on the ground it didn't move you that fast or that far.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey, you dudes remember iExplicitChaos? The one that likes to make fun of mentally challenged kids? Go here, it's the 18th post. Keep reading from there.

He randomly decided to send me voice messages over Live calling me a "cunt", "sack of shit", and other insults out of the blue. He believes I banned him or something.

4 months after his banning, he randomly decides to attack me? I don't get it.

ooohhhh

Halo 4 "Slept Late"

Here is the usual Wal Mart ad. "Call me Master Chief" lol

Wtf is that haha

Hopefully they beefed thrust because it felt useless during my time with the game at NYCC.

It didn't even take into account previous momentum. As in if you lifted off a man-cannon, and thrusted mid air, you would actually go shorter than the mancannon distance.

Then on the ground it didn't move you that fast or that far.

Ah, damn, I noticed in recent videos that it did not look nearly as effective.. Also, too bad about the man cannon thing.

When you jump right when the man cannon shoots you do you get more air like in Halo 3?

Korosenai

Hey, you dudes remember iExplicitChaos? The one that likes to make fun of mentally challenged kids? Go here, it's the 18th post. Keep reading from there.

He randomly decided to send me voice messages over Live calling me a "cunt", "sack of shit", and other insults out of the blue. He believes I banned him or something.

image.php

Fracas

#fuckonami
:lol :lol :lol

I think he's trying to spoil Halo 4 for me? Grainy mic audio from a shitty youtube video isn't very effective.

This made my day.

orznge

Banned

who was the guy who threw his xbox out the window

Guys... my DayZ character just died after 30+ hours. I can't explain how sad I am right now.
"He died in honor, slaughtered by the blood-thirsty undead, with nothing on his back but hopes and dreams. May he rest in peace."

On another note... see ya kyle.

Anyone have a Youtube link for that game where Ninja got two sniper headshots on Sudds? He was screaming, like "SUDD 2 whatcha thinking? SUDD ONE!" 2v2 on Countdown I think.

Can't find it; want to show a friend.

I might be putting together a few developer assets for Halo 4, kind of a make-shift unofficial Halo 4 API (depending on how much time I get over the next month). I've already put together a couple of CSS Sprites for weapons and vehicles, but if people are interested just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom