• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They should've just removed Forge, that way there would've been enough bandwidth for CA to save Campaign Theater.

Mayyhem

so no skill based ranking system similar to halo 2/3 eh?

looks like I'll be playing this game casually like I did Reach until I get bored of it (which will probably be longer than Reach since this looks more fun)

not a fan of grinding EXP and all that jazz

blamite

Those who have Halo 4, I think I remember 343 talking about how we can take pics of forge maps for the mainmenu, is that in and working well?

I don't recall them ever talking about that, and I think they would have if it was a feature, and as far as I've heard from anyone, it's not in.

so no skill based ranking system similar to halo 2/3 eh?

looks like I'll be playing this game casually like I did Reach until I get bored of it (which will probably be longer than Reach since this looks more fun)

not a fan of grinding EXP and all that jazz

You could play it because/if you enjoy the challenge/mechanics.

Ramirez

I actually got the Hog run achievement just now.

turiaf.gif

I never even came close to having more than a minute left back when I was a teen playing this game...I only had 6 seconds to spare this time, lol. At least it only took two tries...

Now, to wrap up the rest of these!

Mayyhem

You could play it because/if you enjoy the challenge/mechanics.

without something to look forward like a rank that increases if I play good or decreases if I play bad, It loses some/most long-term appeal to me. It makes games less intense, and just makes me care much less about the final outcome of each individual match. Especially if I have no visual cue on what the skill is of the other team I'm facing, and end up playing either people who are WAY worse than me or way better than me very frequently. Like in Reach.

Sanjuro

I actually got the Hog run achievement just now.

turiaf.gif

I never even came close to having more than a minute left back when I was a teen playing this game...I only had 6 seconds to spare this time, lol. At least it only took two tries...

Now, to wrap up the rest of these!

If you need any help let me know. I still have the Library achievements primarily remaining.

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon's a little pressed for time. He's working on it though, we just have to be patient.

Indeed. Just got home from work. 14 hour day. No hurricane to deal with, thank goodness, but one basically went though my job today.

But I'm going to finish the OT now. Well, over the next few hours, anyways. Not going to bed until it's up.

GhaleonEB

So, I keep the OT draft in Notepad, and copy/paste between a post preview on GAF for formatting, and the Notepad draft.

Grabbing the draft just now, the first third is missing. I must have not copied/pasted correctly when I saved it before going to work. Which means if I can't find it in cache somewhere, I need to re-create it. Assets are hosted and such, won't take forever. But damn. I was working sequentially, so all that stuff was locked down.

What are my chances of finding it somehow? I'm not even sure where to look.

Edit: make that first half is missing. Jesus.

Here's to hoping I win entry to the Irish launch party plus the other prizes. They've extended the deadline to enter three times now which suggests low entries. I feel like that moment in Halo 3 where Cortana says the Chief has got luck!

I totally feel like a moment guys!

I am so excited lol.

FyreWulff

So, I keep the OT draft in Notepad, and copy/paste between a post preview on GAF for formatting, and the Notepad draft.

Grabbing the draft just now, the first third is missing. I must have not copied/pasted correctly when I saved it before going to work. Which means if I can't find it in cache somewhere, I need to re-create it. Assets are hosted and such, won't take forever. But damn. I was working sequentially, so all that stuff was locked down.

What are my chances of finding it somehow? I'm not even sure where to look.

Edit: make that first half is missing. Jesus.

Just copy one half onto the other and edit a couple of things. Halo 1 that shit.

GloveSlap

Traded in my Reach earlier today towards Halo 4. These are the things I liked about Reach and will look back somewhat fondly on:

The Grenade Launcher
Powerhouse
DMR damage amount on vehicles
Voting system

The rest....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

GhaleonEB

So since I may not be awake in 2-3 hours I may post the Forge OT soon. Then you can just link the Forge OT prior to posting your thread. ;)

Do it. Though I'm sure there will be some initial confusion about the Halo OT's today. :lol

Mind plopping a disclaimer that the OT is coming shortly somewhere?

Redford

aka Cabbie
Traded in my Reach earlier today towards Halo 4. These are the things I liked about Reach and will look back somewhat fondly on:

The Grenade Launcher
Powerhouse
DMR damage amount on vehicles
Voting system

The rest....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hey, at least for Reach we can say we looked back fondly on Campaign Theatre.

And I used to look at Powerhouse favourably, but its only as good as some of the worser Halo 3 maps, imo.

So since I may not be awake in 2-3 hours I may post the Forge OT soon. Then you can just link the Forge OT prior to posting your thread. ;)

Is it really so important that the Forge OT get posted now?

The Reach Forge OT was posted on 9/15, the day after Reach came out. I wouldn't worry too much about getting your thread posted so early, especially since people can't get their hands on the new Forge until next week...

Relax. :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ashamed to say that this looped three times before I realized it wasn't Tim Allen.

The Reach Forge OT was posted on 9/15, the day after Reach came out. I wouldn't worry too much about getting your thread posted so early, especially since people can't get their hands on the new Forge until next week...

Yeah, I don't see what the rush is about. I don't see it having much activity till the game is out.

PNut

Banned

It is VERY important. We need these guys to make some great 4v4 maps along with the classics because there are zero shipping with Halo 4. Even if the game isn't out yet I want to see some ideas on paper and discussed. Post that OT now Godly.

Well on the other side of things, is there anything wrong with posting the Forge OT now?

While people won't have their hands on Forge until next week it can still serve as a discussion area for all things related to forge, allowing the H4 OT to focus on other things. Also, just because people don't have access to forge now doesn't mean that people can't be planning their maps now. Pre-production is an important stage in the level design process, and working with the actual tool isn't required for pre-production. Sketches, Reach versions, Sketchups, descriptions, etc. can all be used in order to give forgers a chance to hit the ground running.

In addition to that there will be people who get the game early, people who just want to talk forge and ideas, possibilities for custom gametypes, etc. Sure it isn't important for the Forge OT to get posted now, but it doesn't hurt and the OT is already ready. Why wait?

Or maybe later for us east coasters. Could be out of power for 10 days here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom