• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I tried to make the big scary ball from Halo 4 as a pumpkin. I gave up and just made a Canadian pumpkin.

2CuPFl.jpg

Well on the other side of things, is there anything wrong with posting the Forge OT now?

While people won't have their hands on Forge until next week it can still serve as a discussion area for all things related to forge, allowing the H4 OT to focus on other things. Also, just because people don't have access to forge now doesn't mean that people can't be planning their maps now. Pre-production is an important stage in the level design process, and working with the actual tool isn't required for pre-production. Sketches, Reach versions, Sketchups, descriptions, etc. can all be used in order to give forgers a chance to hit the ground running.

In addition to that there will be people who get the game early, people who just want to talk forge and ideas, possibilities for custom gametypes, etc. Sure it isn't important for the Forge OT to get posted now, but it doesn't hurt and the OT is already ready. Why wait?

Just post it now, it gon' die anyway

Well on the other side of things, is there anything wrong with posting the Forge OT now?

While people won't have their hands on Forge until next week it can still serve as a discussion area for all things related to forge, allowing the H4 OT to focus on other things. Also, just because people don't have access to forge now doesn't mean that people can't be planning their maps now. Pre-production is an important stage in the level design process, and working with the actual tool isn't required for pre-production. Sketches, Reach versions, Sketchups, descriptions, etc. can all be used in order to give forgers a chance to hit the ground running.

In addition to that there will be people who get the game early, people who just want to talk forge and ideas, possibilities for custom gametypes, etc. Sure it isn't important for the Forge OT to get posted now, but it doesn't hurt and the OT is already ready. Why wait?

Hey, don't get me wrong - if you've already done the work and want to post it, go for it! I'm just saying don't rush things just to get it done before the Halo 4 OT gets posted. And definitely don't lose any sleep over it. :p

Hey, don't get me wrong - if you've already done the work and want to post it, go for it! I'm just saying don't rush things just to get it done before the Halo 4 OT gets posted. And definitely don't lose any sleep over it. :p

Definitely not losing sleep over it. lol... it has been done pretty much all day... lol.

nillapuddin

Which forge map would remaking The Pit be best for I wonder?

topic for Forge OT ;)

measuring the forge maps is essential for remakes
actually... (to those with early access)

I have 1 completely serious very important request,
I would sacrifice a small animal to know the dimensions of open air area of the cave map (erosion)

roughly how long/wide in forge units.

sincerely, someone who is praying to the forge gods its atleast 35 units wide

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Which forge map would remaking The Pit be best for I wonder?
My first thought is Impact. The red/blue cosmic nebula thingies in the skybox would look cool in the background, and help define each side. But I don't know shit, I leave the legos to nilla.

FyreWulff

topic for Forge OT ;)

I would sacrifice a small animal to know the dimensions of open air area of the cave map (erosion)

That's the advantage to remaking Halo 3 maps onwards. We can get the WU dimensions exact in-game.

malfcn

Have scanned 42/45 things in Annie so far. There was one in Two Betrayals? That was far away and behind something that it wouldn't let me scan..

Redford

aka Cabbie
topic for Forge OT ;)

My first thought is Impact. The red/blue cosmic nebula thingies in the skybox would look cool in the background, and help define each side. But I don't know shit, I leave the legos to nilla.

Yeah, see, come on Godly, lots to talk about!
---
And Erosions darker areas look kind of bad but I like the aesthetic better than Ravine, and Impact is too grey. I'm sure The Pit would work if forged underneath the sunny opening on Erosion.

But yeah that Lockout looked horrid.

I changed the email associated with my account a few months back. I've yet to get an email about the armor.

And now I guess I never will.

Fuck, you serious? I guess you don't get any emails from xbox ever? They seemed to think I should be getting them, but Im not. I triple checked my spam folder also. Blah.

http://www.twitch.tv/343Industries

Halo 4 Stream going to be up on there tomorrow.

UAhBv.png

Vdqeg.png

Awesome! =D

Any news on rendered films?

RIP is likely the news we will get.

Yeah, that or the cave environment. I wanna see space Lockout for sure though.

TheOddOne

jbaWejUGXSWdRD.png

AI TRANSLATOR: End data stream. Memory minimally active but no longer transmitting.

ONI COMMANDER: "Chris almighty, is this Hamish character telling the truth?"

SCIENCE TEAM LEADER: "I suspect he is feeding lies to the public, sir. He said we would not fight those creatures. Nothing can be trusted of this monitor, he tells us lies upon lies upon lies."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm alive.

Trees down in the street, poles down, don't know when power will be restored. On someone else's phone.

Hope everyone else made it out ok.

Enjoy the montage tomorrow night, wish I could be around to hear all of your thoughts on it. Repair work will begin on my street tomorrow apparently so maybe ill have power tomorrow night but I doubt it

I'm alive.

Trees down in the street, poles down, don't know when power will be restored. On someone else's phone.

Enjoy the montage tomorrow night, wish I could be around to hear all of your thoughts on it. Repair work will begin on my street tomorrow apparently so maybe ill have power tomorrow night but I doubt it

Glad to hear you are still alive. lol... WB Tashi. ;)

Consider it done. I'll be posting what I've been prepping for Halo 4 in the morning. ;)

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Crafting a better tomorrow; one Brace, Large at a time

Cool stuff!

I'm alive.

Good to hear, hopefully everything is restored for you soon!

I'm alive.

Good to hear you're okay!

Kibbles

topic for Forge OT ;)

The heck is a forge unit?

Saved. I went to properties and searched for prior versions, found one from two days ago. Minimal reconstruction necessary. Woo.
Hindsight is 20-20 etc etc, but why don't you do the OT in MS Word, where it's guaranteed to save, unlike something like notepad?
It is VERY important. We need these guys to make some great 4v4 maps along with the classics because there are zero shipping with Halo 4. Even if the game isn't out yet I want to see some ideas on paper and discussed. Post that OT now Godly.

I just read the words "great" and "maps" when referring to Forge. Head fucking exploded.

Glad to hear you're still in one piece Tashi.

Raide

I'm alive.

Phew! Glad you're ok. We were about to vote on who is Tashi 2 to take over your position.

I'm alive.

Tashi is in the land of the living. Hooray! At least you have a good week for them to get everything restored before Nov. 6. Next up: Hurricane H4 Be very afraid

FyreWulff

There is a 'grid' piece that you can spawn in Halo 3.

You can't. However, you can spawn an objective or respawn zone (usually a Territory, since it doesn't flip around like the hill objects do for things not on the 90 degree alignment) and then size out parts of the map. The size of the objective's "hill" or the size of the spawn zone is equivalent to WUs (World Units) which are what you're putting objects on when you edit their coordinates.

So say I go into Halo 3, and spawn a respawn zone in the green hallway. I see that a Length of 5 encompasses the length of the hallway, so I should make the Reach/4 version 5 WUs long.

FyreWulff

Apologies, that was only on Sandbox, wasn't it?

Yeah the grid was only geometry on Sandbox that showed up in Forge mode on the floors of each level.

I mostly ignored it. I used the respawn zone method for spacing :p Actually, the first time I ever started a map with the Grid object in Reach was that Relay remake. The Grid in Reach felt to me like a leftover from before they implemented coordinate editing.

Monocle

LTTP, but kylej's OT is pretty rich. Wish I'd clicked while it was still open. I avoided the thread until just now because I assumed there would be masses of pictures to freeze my iPhone, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom