• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been catching up on the changes to multiplayer and the meta game stuff they added and the only things that really concerns me are the kill streaks, perks and the flag carrier indicator. Kill streaks and perks typically have too large an effect on how people play and the flag indicator takes away a lot of tactical situations.

I'm not a fan of unlocks, but eventually you'll have everything you need unlocked and if they keep things in line, things should unlock relatively quickly.

Kill cams reveal snipers, so in an ideal situation, it wouldn't exist but bullet vapor trail in Halo seemed to do the same, effectively enough. I don't think it will have a huge impact.

I'm not sure how the see through walls ability will play out but from the video it looks like it obscures things enough to not be something I would use.

I think the biggest difference between modern Call of Duty and Halo is the gameplay and from the videos I've seen the core gameplay appears to be intact, so I'm still optimistic that I will have a good time with multiplayer.

I'm not sure why I posted this in Halo GAF instead of the Halo 4 OT but there it is.
HaloGAF: We have more threads than members.

Good lord those impressions. The only game that has hyped me in the last 2 years. Bring it!

Halo 4 Forge |OT| Shadows and Magnets? Box Checked!
Halo 4 Forge |OT| The Shadows Are Still Grey!

What about: Halo 4 Forge |OT| Yeah Bitch, Magnets!

The Breaking Bad fanboy inside me would love that :p

S1kkZ

so what about the bans? a lot of german stores got the game today and already sell it. will you still get banned if you play online before tuesday?

So many broken street dates.

A lot of people are posting about playing with 'E-Celebrities' right now that have the game. It would be a lot of fun to be matching up with T-Squared, Walshy, Major Nelson, 343i Peeps, Etc. Definitely very similar to F&F Beta.

Oh well, less than a week away!

OT looks excellent! I will definitely read through it while I'm waiting at the doctor's office today.

5 more sleeps!

EDIT: figures I would post this in the wrong thread. :/

Moa

hFnFw.png

Reach is down for maintenance for anyone who still plays.

It's perfect! I'm nearly at the end of my ghost playthrough of Dishonored. 0 kills, 0 alerts, Hard, most of UI turned off. It's been glorious. Should have time to finish that up, and have a clean slate for H4.

Wat... Are you a wizard?
0 kills, 0 alerts, etc.

I'm honestly impressed.

So, looking to order some dinner for tonight and Pizza Hut, as you are probably aware are offering competitions etc.

It looks like you enter a competition to win the LE 360 and a seperate one to "win" Exclusive Armor for your Avatar.

I entered the Avatar one and got the code straight away, so its more of a give away instead of a competition.

https://www.legendaryprizes.com/

Claims you have order as well yet I didnt put an order in.

I imagine you all know this, but figured I'd post it just in case not.

WHICH THREAD DO I POST IN

Correct me if I am wrong, but the OT is more focused on Halo and nothing but Halo.

This thread is a lot more about just hanging out with HaloGAF buddies... Friends joking around and discussing Halo.

That's just the vibe I get.

Also for the next day or so the OT is just going to be pages and pages of praise to Ghal ;) lol.

Edit: Just want to point out that I hate Heckfu for convincing me that I should buy the Halo 4 LE console.

neoism

WHICH THREAD DO I POST IN

lol I thought you guys would go over their not sure really... I much prefer the community threads though. is this thread really staying after 4s release though.. this thread is hard to keep up with sometimes let alone 2 threads...

Beckx

Wat... Are you a wizard?
0 kills, 0 alerts, etc.

I'm honestly impressed.

I've put a huge amount of time into this playthrough (and loved every minute of it). Treat anybody noticing me as a fail state. I've had blast exploring all the nooks and crannies of each level, but I think there must be a ton of secrets I've not seen. The only thing that mars this playthrough is that one unconscious body was discovered in the second mission, but that doesn't count against ghost, and as I'd put 4 hours into that mission and had no idea what caused it, I decided to live with it.

Favorite bits (spoilers from Flooded District):
if you brand Campbell an outcast in mission two, he shows up as a Weeper in the Flooded District - named Weeper but wearing Campbell's clothes & with the brand on his face, and a scrap of paper on the ground from his diary. Also, beating Granny Rags with a non-lethal solution was fun, because she will get an alert and spoil everything if you're not careful. I pretended to go along with her plan, put the locket in the furnace, then hid til I could knock her out.

Removed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom