• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

bGanci

Banned
Just a quick shoutout to Tashi0106, Domino Theory, ncsuDuncan, Dax, Hypertrooper, Louis Wu, and mastrbiggy. The Comic Con Podcast was enjoyable to listen to! Thanks for doing it.

Nirvana

Is it just me, or does it seem that they wasted a lot of money and resources on pointless shit. They must have spend more money on marketting than any other company in the history of gaming.

The game looks great, don't get me wrong, but every time I hear them say 'we didn't have time to put this in' or 'we didn't have the resources' I'm just going to think back to Master Chief with a Mountain Dew bottle up his arse and a cheesy Dorito grin.

So, they're going to be streaming on twitch but I can't watch twitch at work. Is there some other way I can see their stream? The twitch app in iOS doesn't even seem to work, despite using 3G rather than work wifi.

Is it just me, or does it seem that they wasted a lot of money and resources on pointless shit. They must have spend more money on marketting than any other company in the history of gaming.

The game looks great, don't get me wrong, but every time I hear them say 'we didn't have time to put this in' or 'we didn't have the resources' I'm just going to think back to Master Chief with a Mountain Dew bottle up his arse and a cheesy Dorito grin.

What? The sponsorship tie-ins are what's mitigating the costs.

Marketing and development are two separate budgets and skillsets. It's not like you can tell some marketing guy to implement campaign scoring.

Did that guy seriously open up a box with doritos and mt dew in it and you couldnt even drink the dew?

If someone sent me that I would shit on their doorstep.

Damnit I'm going to miss the first part of the stream cuz I'm heading out to lunch for me and my wife's wedding anniversary (3 years :)). Halloween anniversary FTW! lol...

H4's marketing has been unquestionably terrible.

I'm guessing the Marketing team will all be fired when H4 launches and no one notices. I hear there are a ton of LEs just sitting on shelves already.

Super Meat Boy had better promotion than this indie "Halo 4" game.

heckfu

Banned
I'm guessing the Marketing team will all be fired when H4 launches and no one notices. I hear there are a ton of LEs just sitting on shelves already.

Super Meat Boy had better promotion than this indie "Halo 4" game.

It sounds like you're questioning him to me.

CyReN

dammit there's 2 threads now to keep on with. anyways:

halo 4 campaign review 3:01am est

halo 4 first mp impressions 9:01am est

halo 4 spartan ops impressions 3:01pm est

via thehalocouncil

ps: i like turtles.

Risen

dammit there's 2 threads now to keep on with. anyways:

halo 4 campaign review 3:01am est

halo 4 first mp impressions 9:01am est

halo 4 spartan ops impressions 3:01pm est

via thehalocouncil

ps: i like turtles.

Do not conform... stay here, then you only have one.

Beckx

Tevis Thompson has a fascinating new essay up on his site. I post the link here because it's about a few things relevant to Halo: mystery, the unknown, and exploration.

I can no longer stomach good game design. Wherein I am led, step by step, through a litany of features and abilities, all while being made to feel strong or smart or cool. I am rewarded with unambiguous feedback and steady progression. I am assured that every puzzle and challenge, every problem, is solvable in the end.

A videogame sequel begins with most vital questions already answered. Who am I? Where can I go? What can I do? How does the world work? What are the limits? Instead, I only ask: What’s different this time? Is it better than the last one? Can I dual-wield?

Videogame sequels traffic in features and upgrades, keeping pace with the times, meeting fan expectations. Their logic is that of the genre novel, of repetition with variation. Their pleasures are those of the tweak, the nuance. They reward the discerning palate with shades of difference. It is the death of mystery by a thousand refinements.

Game spaces are particularly good at evoking wonder. We see before we arrive, and the views are often stunning. Across that field, down that path, around that corner, behind that door, the world unknown.

But wonder is only a beginning. Once you’ve come, seen, conquered, what remains of that feeling? If wonder does not give way to mystery, I have little reason to return.

This is a fairly good statement of how I'll judge the H4 campaign. Is it merely iterative, with little reason to replay it? Or will these playspaces give me reason to return?

Fuchsdh

This is a fairly good statement of how I'll judge the H4 campaign. Is it merely iterative, with little reason to replay it? Or will these playspaces give me reason to return?
all of the Halo campaigns to me have made me look forward to going back and exploring... Playing through for the sake of the gameplay is a bit more mixed. There's some beautiful vistas and cool things to do even in maps like Cortana or The Library.

Trey

Eating Doritos and Mtn. Dew makes me feel fat and slovenly. All that sugar, all those calories, all devoid of decent nutrients. The residue on your fingertips and dryness of your lips after consuming these foodstuffs serve only to remind you how pathetic you are. But you cannot turn away in disgust.

Truly, a modern nightmare.

willow ve

Eating Doritos and Mtn. Dew makes me feel fat and slovenly. All that sugar, all those calories, all devoid of decent nutrients. The residue on your fingertips and dryness of your lips after consuming these foodstuffs serve only to remind you how pathetic you are. But you cannot turn away in disgust.

Truly, a modern nightmare.

Diet Dew is your friend. Then you simply get caffeine to fuel your double xp all night blain-a-thon. And also, maybe, cancer.

Pavaloo

Marketing and development are two separate budgets and skillsets. It's not like you can tell some marketing guy to implement campaign scoring.

This. How long do you think it takes to take a render of master chief and throw it on a mountain dew label? Like half an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom