• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD2k

Neo Member
From IGN:

Microsoft notes that Halo: Reach eclipsed “all previous 2010 U.S. entertainment launches, including the three-day opening weekends of Hollywood blockbusters Iron Man 2, Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story 3.” Halo 3, meanwhile, made $170 million in the United States, “breaking all previous single-day entertainment launch records, and breaking the previous record held by Halo 2 ($125 million).” 120 million pieces of user-generated content have been created for Halo 3 since launch.

Pretty excited to see how 4 does. So close, now.

willow ve

3,500+ people on the stream... and it's a static image. Fucking classic man.

EDIT - yep, added an extra 0 in a typo

Creepy bunny in the background should have been Frank from Donnie Darko - would have been legendary

daedalius

STREAM GO~!

Dellis is so cut now! I liked him better jolly though I think, heh.

Also just got a new contract to make more GUNS for Privateer Press! wooo

you guys shouldn't be surprised about this now.

not only is the custom lobby ui unnecessarily huge and chunky but everything's so big that they have to partially hide the player cards until you focus on them. who was responsible for this ui?

I wish you guys stop acting all sad and disappointed whenever anybody mentions no skill ranks.

We've known this for weeks now. Get the fuck over it.

Blissful

Neo Member
343 is just bullshitting like Bungie by saying you have an invisible rank when you go into MM. We all know how that failed.

Like atleast get the individual to view their own ranks, so the people don't get butthurt when they see a 50 and feel bad that they can't make it there or get bullied online by a 10 year old who bought their 50.

The office break room..

TV with H4 stream
Laptop with GAF

This will be fun

4IItJl.jpg

Edit: This stream needs game audio!

bGanci

Banned
343 is just bullshitting like Bungie by saying you have an invisible rank when you go into MM. We all know how that failed.

Like atleast get the individual to view their own ranks, so the people don't get butthurt when they see a 50 and feel bad that they can't make it there or get bullied online by a 10 year old who bought their 50.
You don't know that for sure. I trust 343.
They wouldn't lie especially when it comes to something that was part of the downfall of reach.

wwm0nkey

Yeah 343 is BSing even though we have no proof!

Seriously WAIT until we see how it matches us up before you call that kind of stuff.

CyReN

I can't wait to see all the online petitions for this lol.

Still I love 343 but the competitive community got the dick hard with that news.

willow ve

Good thing right? We get matched based on ranks, but don't get in e-peen battles because of the number.

YEAH FUCK THIS GAME I HAVE TO SEE MY NUMBER!!!1

Skill based ranking is also used in Reach. Let me repeat that. Skill based ranking is also used in Reach. And those matches are anything but competitive.

Having a physical marker gives you a tangible correlation as to how well you're doing. If I want to quickly assess how well I've personally done in the game, without an in game visible rank, I have to go to Waypoint or some other out of game experience and then try to calculate it myself.

This implementation that "skilly based ranks are 100% in the game" and yet "they're invisible to the end user" just baffles me. If they're in the game why not just let players actually see them? You don't need to make them public, show them to the lobby, or anything else that would lead to boosting, deranking, selling accounts... What is the argument for hiding a metric from a player?

Go to tournaments to prove you're the best.

No one gives a shit about a 50 next to your name.

Lulz, tournament. Obviously some people "give a shit" about visible ranking system. The argument that "I don't care about X or Y in a game means it's bullshit and no one should want that" always amuses me. I personally don't really care about campaign theater, but I don't denigrate those who enjoyed it in previous Halo titles.

Blissful

Neo Member
Yeah 343 is BSing even though we have no proof!

Seriously WAIT until we see how it matches us up before you call that kind of stuff.

I've waited long enough, Halo 4 is their game and they made it. They made an excuse prior to the TU that they wont add a ranking system because it wasn't their game and that they don't have the resources. 3 years and 300+ people later, they didn't come up with shit. What a fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom