• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

photoshop_halogaf-small.png

Halo 4 is almost here, so let's celebrate with a quick contest!

Photoshopping HaloGAF

The Contest:
1. Use photoshop (or GIMP, MS Paint, etc.) to edit one of the "HaloGAF at NYCC" pictures. If you'd rather edit a Halo 4 screenshot, that will do as well.
2. Email the picture to me at ncsuDuncan@gmail.com before 5:00pm EDT on Sunday, November 4th. (Please include "HaloGAF Contest" in the subject line.)
3. I will personally judge the contest and pick one First Prize and one Second Prize winner. A single Random Drawing winner will also be picked from all entrants.

Here are some pictures and screenshots to get you started:
NYCC Day 1
NYCC Day 2
NYCC Day 3 (Booth and Panel)
NYCC Day 3 (MegaBloks party and NYC nightlife)
NYCC Day 4
Halo 4 Screenshots

Rules:
- Anyone can enter – you don’t have to be a member of NeoGAF.
- Original artwork only, please! Do not submit someone else’s art.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but you can only win one prize package.
- Submitting multiple entries could increase your chance of being picked as First or Second prize, but you still only get ONE entry in the random drawing.
- Please submit entries as .jpeg, .png, .bmp, or .gif and keep the file size and resolution reasonable.
- Feel free to post your entries on NeoGAF or elsewhere, but make sure you email your submission to me.
- INTERNATIONAL ENTRANTS: This contest is NOT restricted to US-only, but if you win a prize and live outside the US please understand the extra difficulty/delay in prize shipping.

Any entries that do not conform to NeoGAF's rules of conduct will be discarded. Remember, I'm judging these - while I do enjoy sarcastic jokes and dark humor I have my limits.

The Prizes:

First Place
The winner will receive one of each of the following items:
- Halo 4 "Vote" T-shirt (Men's Medium)
- Halo 4 "Vote" Poster
- Halo 4 "Vote" Sticker
- UNSC tote bag
- Halo Silentium Poster *signed by Sparth* (Reverse side of poster is The Thursday War cover art.)
- The Art of Halo 4 cover print
- Halo 4 window sticker
- MegaBloks UNSC Armory Pack II
- MegaBloks Halo Series 5 minifig pack
- Halo 4 iHeartRadio avatar t-shirt codes (male and female)
- Halo 4 "Vote" wristband
- ONI Kilo-Five patch
- Cryptum button/pin

Second Place
The winner will receive one of each of the following items:
- Halo 4 "Vote" poster
- Halo 4 "Vote" sticker
- The Art of Halo 4 cover print *signed by Sparth*
- ONI Kilo-Five patch

Random Drawing
The winner will receive one of each of the following items: (Same as Second Place)
- Halo 4 "Vote" poster
- Halo 4 "Vote" sticker
- The Art of Halo 4 cover print *signed by Sparth*
- ONI Kilo-Five patch

Remember, the contest ends at 5:00pm EDT on Sunday, November 4th. Send your entries to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com before then.

Good luck!
No SLRP SLRP pic? For shame.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Of fuck off. They'll play at midnight

Wy to waste my time

Was going to watch until reviews... Now wont watch at all

Bsigg12

Someone please tell me AC3 gets better, I want to play as an assassin, not some random Britain!

Yes, yes it does. The only issue I have is how poorly they explain some of the mechanics. The game starts getting much better post Haytham but that section is necessary. Also, naval warfare is awesome.

You can you just have to be better or youll get pooped on even harder. Or take Midship and make it a bit bigger compared to the players so it takes a bit longer to get around. Blam-O good maps in Halo4!
I support this post. Why would default sprint make small maps invalid? It might be different, chaotic, crazy, but not bad. People like small arena style maps for a reason. The action is fast paced and sometimes frenetic; sprint is not somehow going to ruin that action. If anything, it would enhance it.

CyReN

Thanks to 343 first of all for sending TheHaloCouncil a media copy, being a new and upcoming Halo site it means a lot to see us get this kind of treatment so early.
Now there is still a embargo on stuff, and I have to finish others so this will be mainly about multiplayer. These are my initial reactions, and will change once I’ve played everything. Seeing that the game isn’t out there are only about 80 or so people on at a time, and 95% of them are in Infinity Slayer.

My first game: 25-2-13 on Complex Infinity Slayer

H4 > HR

Maps:
Haven – Better than any map in Reach, and my favorite so far in H4. Visually stunning and plays really well for 4v4.
Solace – Another good map, visuals are dark and grim and have a eerie feeling (which I like). 4v4 can be a little big at time. 5v5/objective games like CTF will be great on it when I get to play it.
Complex – Map isn’t really suited for 4v4, my biggest gripe is the middle building. If you have a DMR on top of it you are a god if the other team isn’t working together.

Assists are good
Maps are great from the 3 I’ve played
Game sounds is REALLY good
You don’t notice the white text
Join in is smooth, and has been great for when G4TV staff quit

Dislikes:
Game default controls have: Toggle Crouch/1 sensitivity (WHY?)
Hard to read name cards in lobby, have to lean head sideways
IS Complex TS isn’t good for 4v4.
No visual skill ranks

Caja 117

IGN gave 9.8 to halo

Cyren, concerning the sensitivity, check your XBOX global sensitivity settings, most, if not all of XBOX games change the in game sensitivity based on your XBOX game defaults, if you have it LOW, this could be the reason why your default sensitivity in Halo is 1.

Ramirez

Thanks to 343 first of all for sending TheHaloCouncil a media copy, being a new and upcoming Halo site it means a lot to see us get this kind of treatment so early.
Now there is still a embargo on stuff, and I have to finish others so this will be mainly about multiplayer. These are my initial reactions, and will change once I’ve played everything. Seeing that the game isn’t out there are only about 80 or so people on at a time, and 95% of them are in Infinity Slayer.

My first game: 25-2-13 on Complex Infinity Slayer

H4 > HR

Maps:
Haven – Better than any map in Reach, and my favorite so far in H4. Visually stunning and plays really well for 4v4.
Solace – Another good map, visuals are dark and grim and have a eerie feeling (which I like). 4v4 can be a little big at time. 5v5/objective games like CTF will be great on it when I get to play it.
Complex – Map isn’t really suited for 4v4, my biggest gripe is the middle building. If you have a DMR on top of it you are a god if the other team isn’t working together.

Assists are good
Maps are great from the 3 I’ve played
Game sounds is REALLY good
You don’t notice the white text
Join in is smooth, and has been great for when G4TV staff quit

Dislikes:
Game default controls have: Toggle Crouch/1 sensitivity (WHY?)
Hard to read name cards in lobby, have to lean head sideways
IS Complex TS isn’t good for 4v4.
No visual skill ranks

bahahaha

Caja 117

It seems the game lobby is a problem for everybody, this was taken from the Review:

"... The more visual lobby screen, where player cards depict each person’s custom Spartan, is a bit more cluttered and difficult to parse through than previous Halos, but that’s the only downgrade."

Hope this can be fixed somehow.

zap

That montage just got me so pumped.
Couldn't control my excitement at times!
(Notably when Tashi got an overkill!
with one nade!!!
)

That montage got me so much more hyped than any review or other video that I have seen. Great gameplay.

Caja 117

Euroganer gave it an 8

"They can rest easy. Halo 4 is authentic, and assures 343's role is more than a mere tribute act. Their delicate yet sprawling work may be more continuation than true expansion - and perhaps the true test comes in the next step - but for now, Halo returns with a bang, not a whimper."

Ken

Watching the IGN review, some of the Spartan Ops maps look beautiful.

BTW is there split screen in Spartan Ops?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Do you guys get the reviews before they are posted? or you just see same time as everybody else?

It must be really exiting for you guys to see all these excellent reviews for your first ever game.

We were reading them the same time as you. The real proof will be when the rest of the world starts playing next week.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow the montage is awesome and 9.8 by IGN ? nice

I will most likely get the game today, can I now play online or should I send a pm to Frankie and David with pictures of the copy and the receipt ?

Ken

Going to start adding friends from my old gamertag (Chocopolka) ontp my new gamertag soon so if you get a friend request from Capcpom it's me. D:

heckfu

Banned
Woke up in the middle of the night. Saw IGN's review and got extremely excited!

I'm tired again but I found this little gem because I haven't seen it linked. Be sure to subscribe, RT, whatever because I know for fact that Tashi worked for HOURS on it and that Bravo did too since he was in the middle of the storm this week and lost power, etc.

Tashi's/World's First Halo 4 Montage

Is there any way to watch the MLG tourney this weekend on my 360? From what I've gathered you cannot, but I was hoping there might be a way. I'd rather not be sitting at my computer to watch it.

Nirvana

Woke up in the middle of the night. Saw IGN's review and got extremely excited!

I'm tired again but I found this little gem because I haven't seen it linked. Be sure to subscribe, RT, whatever because I know for fact that Tashi worked for HOURS on it and that Bravo did too since he was in the middle of the storm this week and lost power, etc.

Lol at the kids saying the clips aren't worthy of a montage when it clearly states it was from one day of play and the game isn't even out yet.

BravoHalo

I know for fact that Tashi worked for HOURS on it and that Bravo did too since he was in the middle of the storm this week and lost power, etc.

All credit goes to tashi - i was more than happy to evacuate new jersey and change my dallas flight :) but seriously, big shout to tashi for throwing it together, and i hope my channel brings in lots of views for his hard work.

hope everyone enjoyed, and I've literally got around 30 videos to choose from when uploading tomorrow -expect AT LEAST 2/3 a day for the next few days!

Pop

All credit goes to tashi - i was more than happy to evacuate new jersey and change my dallas flight :) but seriously, big shout to tashi for throwing it together, and i hope my channel brings in lots of views for his hard work.

hope everyone enjoyed, and I've literally got around 30 videos to choose from when uploading tomorrow -expect AT LEAST 2/3 a day for the next few days!

Looking forward to those videos.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, Tashi montage was SICK

but one thing did make me go WAT
you can just throw the ball at someone and make them lose their weapon?

I'm noticing that 4v4 games of Infinity Slayer on Adrift often do not reach the maximum score before the time ends.
I think 5v5 will become standard for slayer soon after release.

Nice butt shot of Chief for top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom