• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

It's interesting that not a single review has been scored below 80 so far... I wonder if there are some reviewer (maybe a smaller market/niche) that hates the game? It's an oddity to not see a single outlier in the review data set.

Granted it could just be that everyone loves the game, but I would think there would be at least one curmudgeon (nothing is ever going to be as good as Quake/CS/Goldeneye) in the media pool.

---

Although other AAA games don't seem to have any low scores either. Mass Effect 3 hits 75 for the low point. Same with Borderlands 2. Fifa 13 doesn't dip below 80.

Nice!

http://www.bookdepository.com/
http://www.bookdepository.com/halo

halo2012_banner.jpg

I don't know how you can judge the experience of how the soundtrack mixes with the gameplay without playing the damn game.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I can see these loadouts getting cut down by the time the second event rolls around (if there is a second event). Most likely, even during the first event, we'll see some trends evolve to where players are only choosing one or two loadouts anyway. It is nice to see them including more of the sandbox in their settings for now. That is the way to make sure people watching the stream can load up the game and go "Hey this is the same game I play."

I'm very happy for this... it is good to see MLG attempting to embrace the new game mechanics before going back to something more comfortable. Who knows... maybe their gameplay with CTF and Infinity Slayer will convince people of any possible competitive value of the new mechanics. I'm really curious to see how it all plays out at the highest levels of competitive play. Sooo excited.

Seriously, MLG does this with every game, then when they figure out what does and doesn't work, people begin their bitch-fests about MLG gametypes again. They can't win. :(

No one is playing that card. I said I defend the parts I have played (multiplayer, and small amounts) but was calling him on his bullshit that he hasn't played it at all. Come on Kyle.

Just because he hasn't played the campaign doesn't mean he can't make a legitimate argument about how well the music meshes with the campaign. Oh wait...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
(LTTP) LOL, just saw the montage, Tashi did EXACTLY the BS thing I was talking about with oddball (tossing it to the enemy then shitting all over them while they can't shoot back). I'm glad to see it works, haha.

Awesome montage too. Well done.

Wasn't the case for CE and look how popular that was :p
That was 10 years in a hugely different games and games console market, nevermind that esports was a lot younger then. But you know this, and may be just pulling our leg.

On a unrelated note:
What are we going to do regarding the Irish Halo launch party?

Karl2177

So Assassins Creed 3 pulled a Mass Effect 3 with the ending...

The game is great though.
Heh. Game developers have creativity, but lack the ability to let go nowadays. At least Halo 3's conclusion felt moderately good compared to the turd of ME3 and what sounds like AC3 as well.

Fuchsdh

It's interesting that not a single review has been scored below 80 so far... I wonder if there are some reviewer (maybe a smaller market/niche) that hates the game? It's an oddity to not see a single outlier in the review data set.

Granted it could just be that everyone loves the game, but I would think there would be at least one curmudgeon (nothing is ever going to be as good as Quake/CS/Goldeneye) in the media pool.

---

Although other AAA games don't seem to have any low scores either. Mass Effect 3 hits 75 for the low point. Same with Borderlands 2. Fifa 13 doesn't dip below 80.

For games like these you only get really low scores from people who want to attract extra traffic by being contradictory. Things like an 8/10 I usually see as just someone trying to buck score inflation.

Sanjuro

Gets awesome when Conor is introduced. Love the game so far.

Anyways, that review thread is starting to scare me with spoilers.

The game reminded me of a hybrid Sonic the Hedgehog and Hitman during the gameplay portions. The rest of the game was incredibly tedious segments on ships where I wanted to frisbee toss the game out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom