• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Seems strange to me that actual fans (Tashi, Wu, etc) would semi-rush the campaign at some event away from home just to play it early, instead of waiting and playing it from the comfort of their own homes at their own pace after launch. Maybe they don't care that much about campaign or the way it's supposed to be enjoyed, different people different strokes and all.

We weren't rushed in anyway. We had 15 hours the first day to play Halo 4 and I could have beaten the game twice in that amount of time. I took breaks when I needed them, had lunch, talked it up with some of the guys there. I didn't feel rushed at all. The only thing that was rushing me was my desire to play the game. The campaign is fuckin awesome.

very good man sniping looks better than i thought(of course your a loooot better at halo than me though :p) what would you say about it... is more like h3 or reach because I stayed a noob at the halo 3 sniper...

thanks.

Sniping feels different than any of the previous Halo. Sweep sniping requires much better timing and I feel like you have to let the shots come to you more. Less auto aim zoomed in but no scopes are just as easy as they were in Halo Reach.

edit: Also, if anyone wants direct feed of the montage and not that shitty youtube compression just PM me your email and I'll get around to sending it to you guys.

feel

We weren't rushed in anyway. We had 15 hours the first day to play Halo 4 and I could have beaten the game twice in that amount of time. I took breaks when I needed them, had lunch, talked it up with some of the guys there. I didn't feel rushed at all. The only thing that was rushing me was my desire to play the game. The campaign is fuckin awesome.
Cool.

Your MP Montage was very good btw.

Fotos

Gonna call the store that said they would sell it to me early today to see if they got their shipment. If I get it today I will not sleep tonight. I will play through the entire night. I won't be sleeping for days.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So i just realized, We have to change clocks in the US on sunday

that means an extra hour before halo 4

not fair

Is anyone doing a news round up? HBO has gone off and I don't want to carry on browsing here due to spoilers everywhere.

What's the next best site to keep up with halo news? Anyone out there archiving the more interesting posts?

MrDaravon

That montage was awesome Tashi, sent it to some friends. I agree with you, that track is awesome :p. Also you get bonus points for using the MvC3 music at the end.

CyReN

mlg dallas

xQAqx.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
I've said this before, but after watching Tashi's montage I really miss colorful multi-kill medals. The text in the middle can be hard to read and sometimes takes a while to show up and steitzers voice is usually not as easy to hear because of the music. All I saw was a bunch of grey, white and blue medals which all looked the same.

CyReN

What time does MLG Dallas start tomorrow? Really excited to watch it.

It should start around 6pm.

Friday

10:30 AM - 4:00 PM Problem Check-In

10:30 AM - 8:00 PM Registration

10:30 AM - 10:00 PM Check-In

1:30 PM - 10:00 PM Warm-Up

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Welcome

Saturday

8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Check-In / Warm-Up

10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Winners Round 1

1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Losers Round 1

1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Winners Round 2

4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Losers Round 2

5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Losers Round 3

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Winners Round 3

7:00 PM - 7:45 PM Losers Round 4

7:45 PM - 8:30 PM Full Screen Switch

7:45 PM - 10:45 PM Winners Round 4

9:15 PM - 10:00 PM Losers Round 5

10:00 PM - 10:45 PM Losers Round 6

Sunday

8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Warm-Up

11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7

11:45 AM - 12:30 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 8

12:30 PM - 1:15 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9

1:15 PM - 2:00 PM Winners Round 7 / Losers Round 10

2:00 PM - 2:45 PM Winners Round 7 / Losers Round 11

3:15 PM - 4:00 PM Winners Final / Losers Round 12

4:00 PM - 4:45 PM Losers Round 13

4:45 PM - 5:30 PM Losers Final

5:30 PM - 7:45 PM Final

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've said this before, but after watching Tashi's montage I really miss colorful multi-kill medals. The text in the middle can be hard to read and sometimes takes a while to show up and steitzers voice is usually not as easy to hear because of the music. All I saw was a bunch of grey, white and blue medals which all looked the same.

I think I do prefer the old style medals but the new ones are fine. And youtube really takes all of your hard work in audio balancing and throws it out the window. It's pretty disappointing.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For someone who doesn't watch a lot of MLG, are they just streaming this online? I'll be visiting the parents without any games so I may check in on the matches.

CyReN

EST?

also where are multiplayer impressions from thc?

We are going to wait for Social Skirmish to dive into mp. These are my initial thoughts:

Thanks to 343 first of all for sending TheHaloCouncil a media copy, being a new and upcoming Halo site it means a lot to see us get this kind of treatment so early.
Now there is still a embargo on stuff, and I have to finish others so this will be mainly about multiplayer. These are my initial reactions, and will change once I’ve played everything. Seeing that the game isn’t out there are only about 80 or so people on at a time, and 95% of them are in Infinity Slayer.

My first game: 25-2-13 on Complex Infinity Slayer

H4 > HR

Maps:
Haven – Better than any map in Reach, and my favorite so far in H4. Visually stunning and plays really well for 4v4.
Solace – Another good map, visuals are dark and grim and have a eerie feeling (which I like). 4v4 can be a little big at time. 5v5/objective games like CTF will be great on it when I get to play it.
Complex – Map isn’t really suited for 4v4, my biggest gripe is the middle building. If you have a DMR on top of it you are a god if the other team isn’t working together.

Assists are good
Maps are great from the 3 I’ve played
Game sounds is REALLY good
You don’t notice the white text
Join in is smooth, and has been great for when G4TV staff quit

Dislikes:
Game default controls have: Toggle Crouch/1 sensitivity (WHY?)
Hard to read name cards in lobby, have to lean head sideways
IS Complex TS isn’t good for 4v4.
No visual skill ranks

willow ve

Jetpack is nerfed compared to Reach, at least.

It sill allows you to bypass huge areas of maps and/or get to levels that are either very difficult or impossible to get to with any of the other loadouts. In a game where headshots are so key to a kill the jetpack is an immediate advantage on most of the maps I've seen played so far.

So can I ask a spoiler question here if I tag it?

I got spoiled like dozens of others by that asshole and need to knowww....

Would prefer not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom