• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
So TT is already progressed to SR20... so maybe this progressive ranking isn't going to be a fucking drag through the mud grind like Reach was...

This also seems like it will make it so weapons are unlocked and useable relatively early in your game history (+ DewXP bitches)

I guess. XP will be an exponential curve or whatever. Could be hell getting through those later stages so you can access specializations. I'll be interested in seeing the levelling breakdown (surprised it hasn't leaked yet).

willow ve

And live on the gamespot stream featuring T Squared... the first live streamed black screen due to players dropping in/out. This game really does look like Halo.

J10

Banned
Whomever designed that UI and thought sideways gamertags was a good idea needs to reevaluate their life choices.

And why is Steitzer telling players to eliminate the enemy team? Did he think we were going to offer them donuts?

Woorloog

Banned
The Halo 2/3 fan inside me wishes the BR was the best starting weapon in the game (4) and not the DMR

All non-auto starting weapons should be equal compared to each other and the automatic starting weapons should be equal compared to each other. Too bad this doesn't seem to be the case. :/

CyReN

And live on the gamespot stream featuring T Squared... the first live streamed black screen due to players dropping in/out. This game really does look like Halo.

I've played about 5 games with people dropping out/joining in, only 1 had the classic 30 second black screen.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hope so... reaaaaaally hate unlocking weapons. Particularly early in the life of a game where there will be those one matches against due to skill who already have unlocked a shit ton of things due to play time.

You will have many of the pieces you need in an hour. And you can select a predefined loadout with stuff you want immediately anyway. So it's not like you have to play your first games with just a Plasma pistol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
IS games take too long. I don't understand 60 kills to win. Have they ever explained the change?
Huh, while watching last night, I had the opposite impression. Games seemed to end really quick. Like SWAT quick. But I didn't have a stop watch out or anything.

Risen

You will have many of the pieces you need in an hour. And you can select a predefined loadout with stuff you want immediately anyway. So it's not like you have to play your first games with just a Plasma pistol.

Have I mentioned I like you... sometimes?

neoism

So, after watching the Machinima stream for like two hours last night, it looks like we're going to be ranking up FAST. We should have one full loadout within 20 games, probably.

i figured getting to 50 probably wont take long but those 10 levels of each Specialization should take awhile

Project

You're back! But you haven't replied at all to any of our pages of crying about the ranking system. Should we have hope for visible skill ranks even if they are only visible to ourselves or should we just give up now? Surely you heard our form of Cortana's rampancy yesterday...

Caja 117

The review said the music doesn't fit the campaign as well as previous Halos. Someone said he's listened to the music, and he agrees that it probably won't fit well based on past Halo experiences. That's a totally valid stance to take.

At least someone here got what I was trying to say, instead of just attacking me

Anyways, Halo 4 GOTY.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Watched the IGN video review, that moment Ryan talks about that's similar to when you step out of the escape pod on Halo 1 is pretty damn powerful. That's the first moment when the music and what's happening on the screen comes together perfectly and it's just straight fucking goosebumps. There are a couple other moments similar to that throughout the campaign but that's definitely the most powerful.

Holiday

Banned
Huh, while watching last night, I had the opposite impression. Games seemed to end really quick. Like SWAT quick. But I didn't have a stop watch out or anything.

I'm watching T2 play now, and the games are drawn out. It could be bad luck to to drop outs and such, or the ultra noobs he's playing against, but it feels slow. Either way, the 60 kill limit makes no sense to me.

Tashi

Welcome back, brother. Everything safe on your end?

Great stuff. Didn't even mind the wubwub music. What did you think of Relay (the forge map in space)?

Thanks man. Yea some trees down but everything safe and sound.

Relay is better than most stock Reach maps lol. Not even kidding. It handled whatever gametype we threw at it pretty damn well. FFA, FFA Ball, Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro. Probably works for King as well. Good stuff. Only issue might be instant respawns and the ability to instantly one shot the guy who just killed you because the map is pretty small and open.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
TSquared using default controls and picking an AR start over a BR. Hmmmmmm.

One final killcam just showed a dead body and you could hear the sound a bunch of men groaning in the background.

I had looked away at that point and started wondering what the hell was playing on my laptop.

c0Fne.jpg

Quite a while back I said I'd like to send Reach out on a good note, and what better way to do it than with a Boom Ball marathon? If there is enough interest, I'll gladly host it.

When: Sunday, November 4th, 6pm - 8pm EST.
Who: You, Me, and whoever else is interested.

Let me know if you want to participate.

I'm out; lots of potential spoilers on GAF and in reviews. I've waited too long to get this close and have it spoiled now.

I'll be back once I've been through Campaign and watched the Legendary ending. Hopefully Tuesday night, otherwise I'll be back on Thursday sans wisdom teeth.

If anyone has questions about the HaloGAF.com photoshop contest, you can contact me via email, Twitter, or on FB. I probably won't check GAF PMs.

Grid lock, everyone.

Tashi

I'm out; lots of potential spoilers on GAF and in reviews. I've waited too long to get this close and have it spoiled now.

I'll be back once I've been through Campaign and watched the Legendary ending. Hopefully Tuesday night, otherwise I'll be back on Thursday sans wisdom teeth.

If anyone has questions about the HaloGAF.com photoshop contest, you can contact me via email, Twitter, or on FB. I probably won't check GAF PMs.

Grid lock, everyone.

:lol omg

Thanks man. Yea some trees down but everything safe and sound.

Relay is better than most stock Reach maps lol. Not even kidding. It handled whatever gametype we threw at it pretty damn well. FFA, FFA Ball, Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro. Probably works for King as well. Good stuff. Only issue might be instant respawns and the ability to instantly one shot the guy who just killed you because the map is pretty small and open.
Glad to hear you're okay.

The whole instant respawn thing doesn't sit well with me. It was nice to be able to pop right back into the game, but I don't like the concept that it creates. Coupled with the fact that your ordnance call follows you through a death, instant respawn takes the consequences of playing stupid completely out of whatever gametype it's in.

Glad you liked the map, it looks like it'll be pretty fun for certain gametypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom