• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

I KNEW that was him.. was just thinking about it. Normally wouldn't cross my mind, but I've been seeing him all morning on the Mike and Mike Gangnam Style video playback. His part in the intro was pretty funny.

Sorry England.

BigShow36

I'm out; lots of potential spoilers on GAF and in reviews. I've waited too long to get this close and have it spoiled now.

I'll be back once I've been through Campaign and watched the Legendary ending. Hopefully Tuesday night, otherwise I'll be back on Thursday sans wisdom teeth.

If anyone has questions about the HaloGAF.com photoshop contest, you can contact me via email, Twitter, or on FB. I probably won't check GAF PMs.

Grid lock, everyone.

BRB, emailing you full list of spoilers.

Beckx

So if you're on Twitter and following @neogafnewthread, be aware that the spoiler thread may be embedded in that feed (I haven't checked since Wario 64 brought it up on twitter).

Hopefully the person running that feed manually deleted, but wanted to get the warning out.

willow ve

Terry Wingo from ESPN.

Um, is that Trey Wingo? Or is there another Wingo with ESPN?

So Amazon says I won't have Halo 4 until November 16th... fuck off Amazon.

Purchase from store day 1 - return Amazon copy to store with receipt when it comes in the mail...

Technically nothing wrong with this - it's the same as purchase item, leave it unopened, and return - but there might be some questionable ethical issue involved. It's a gray area to be sure.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
remember when halo was good

rip 2007

If you're going to troll at least be funny like Kyle or something. Your shit has been pretty lame in the last 2 weeks you've decided to come to HaloGAF again. Come on, you're better than that.

Sucks I'm missing all these live streams (work).

Was able to just barely get my work internet to show me the Tashi-tage @ 240p :/
LLm87.gif

Now I just need some direct-feed mastrbiggy hotness and I'm spent...

Tashi

So if you're on Twitter and following @neogafnewthread, be aware that the spoiler thread may be embedded in that feed (I haven't checked since Wario 64 brought it up on twitter).

Hopefully the person running that feed manually deleted, but wanted to get the warning out.

I just checked it and it seems like they've deleted it.

I don't know if it would still appear in people's feeds though. Don't know how that works.

Item Box

Was looking for halo books to buy from Google play, and one of the "reviews" was actually a halo 4 spolier. :(

I'll still enjoy the game though, hopefully.

Beckx

I just checked it and it seems like they've deleted it.

Thanks for checking. I had just loaded 3 hours worth of tweets, don't need to crawl cautiously through them now.

I don't know if it would still appear in people's feeds though. Don't know how that works.

If you loaded your feed before it was deleted, then depending on the client it would still be there. I *believe* if you reload, deleted tweets will disappear (merely clicking "new tweets" at the top of the web page does not remove deleted tweets).

Gray Man

Banned
Um, is that Trey Wingo? Or is there another Wingo with ESPN?

Purchase from store day 1 - return Amazon copy to store with receipt when it comes in the mail...

Technically nothing wrong with this - it's the same as purchase item, leave it unopened, and return - but there might be some questionable ethical issue involved. It's a gray area to be sure.

Its the Limited Edition.

Looks like I got some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first, I didn't get the job interview for next week.

Good news, I GET TO PLAY HEYLOOOOWWWW. Now I'm one step closer to Inheritor.

Tashi

If you loaded your feed before it was deleted, then depending on the client it would still be there. I *believe* if you reload, deleted tweets will disappear (merely clicking "new tweets" at the top of the web page does not remove deleted tweets).

Ok, so people would just be better off unfollowing the feed completely for a few days.

I think you're too young to remember when Halo was actually good.

However, Halo 4 looks to be way better than Halo 3's shittiness, so that's a start.
soccer_fan.gif

EDIT: I was considering not getting Halo4 on release, but I looked at my work schedule and I have Monday, Tuesday off, and don't go into work on Wednesday till 8pm. Now what am I gonna do?

Halo 3 and Reach both sold 3.3 million at launch. You guys think this will top it? I'm sure most people will say duh since there are more console owners but then again Reach didn't top 3. If you do what do you think launch sales will be? I'm guessing between 4.5 and 5.2 million. It just seems too many people I know are hyped for 4, and a lot of them didn't bother with Reach.

Today has been ridiculously busy for me. My emotions are all fucked up; my company's software has basically crashed for half our clients but I'm still looking through threads like a multitasking fool and getting excited. Then I see the spoiler, then I see the awesome gamespot stream, then I see that jetpack still sucks. After work I'm voting early, I hope I don't accidentally vote for the wrong candidate after today's mish mosh of feelings. But holy shit, get excited gentlemen.

Striker

It just seems too many people I know are hyped for 4, and a lot of them didn't bother with Reach.
I know many were burned out on Halo 3 and turned off by ODST so much they did not invest much into Reach. Marketing was also pretty underwhelming. Numbered sequels is also something to consider - so fully expect it to exceed those numbers.

I giggle at the use of the words "break map flow" or in your case "break traditional map control strategies".

It does neither in those exact terms... what it DOES do is break map design - it creates new "flow" that renders map architecture useless. Which was hardly the "point" of the thing when they made it. All in my opinion of course...
I don't understand this. There is no flow with a jetpack. You can go anywhere you want at anytime. That's not flow. So yes, the jetpack does break map flow. :/
break map design = break map flow = break traditional map control strategies
Um...get Halo 4? ;)
Haha yeah it will happen

Gazzawa

Halo 3 and Reach both sold 3.3 million at launch. You guys think this will top it? I'm sure most people will say duh since there are more console owners but then again Reach didn't top 3. If you do what do you think launch sales will be? I'm guessing between 4.5 and 5.2 million. It just seems too many people I know are hyped for 4, and a lot of them didn't bother with Reach.

maybe not as high as 5. maybe 4 mill.
have of which will be stalkerUKGs monay!
hayoooooooo!

Quite a while back I said I'd like to send Reach out on a good note, and what better way to do it than with a Boom Ball marathon? If there is enough interest, I'll gladly host it.

When: Sunday, November 4th, 6pm - 8pm EST.
Who: You, Me, and whoever else is interested.

Let me know if you want to participate.

Sounds fun. I'd be up for it.

BigShow36

I don't understand this. There is no flow with a jetpack. You can go anywhere you want at anytime. That's not flow. So yes, the jetpack does break map flow. :/
break map design = break map flow = break traditional map control strategies

At this point, you guys are just arguing semantics.

The bottom line is that the jetpack:

1) Makes good map design impossible because it allows players to circumvent map pathing specifically designed to have certain flow and conflict points.
2) Gives players an immediate height advantage, regardless of geometry.
3) Nullifies intelligent map movement.

It's a bad armor ability and should not have returned.

Fuchsdh

c0Fne.jpg

Quite a while back I said I'd like to send Reach out on a good note, and what better way to do it than with a Boom Ball marathon? If there is enough interest, I'll gladly host it.

When: Sunday, November 4th, 6pm - 8pm EST.
Who: You, Me, and whoever else is interested.

Let me know if you want to participate.
Since I've never played it I'll make an attempt to be there.

JaggedSac

I didn't know this and perhaps others didn't either, but the entire Halo 4 album is available to download for Xbox Music\Zune Pass subscribers. Deluxe Edition. Starting my downloads now :)

At this point, you guys are just arguing semantics.

The bottom line is that the jetpack:

1) Makes good map design impossible because it allows players to circumvent map pathing specifically designed to have certain flow and conflict points.
2) Gives players an immediate height advantage, regardless of geometry.
3) Nullifies intelligent map movement.

It's a bad armor ability and should not have returned.

I agree, but I really don't think it will be as bad. When they were doing the complex walkthrough I remember them saying that they really tried hard to make the 2nd levels of the maps really easily accessible to people without jetpack, so that should help. Small corridors and really open spaces are not good for jetpack, and the maps seem to have a good bit of both of those. That on top of it having less of a fuel charge, and I don't see it as being game breaking.

Remember, people say promethian vision is OP, others say active camo is unfair...just watch and see thruster be the best aa :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom