• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

holy crap did penny arcade really say this was better than bungie's halo

One of those situations where you really have to read the review. Ben clearly likes how Uncharted presents story, thinks H4 is doing it, and therefore it's better.

FWIW 343 has received many congratulatory tweets from Bungie people today.

BigShow36

can we close this thread?

10000258-00-00-00-00_lg.png

nillapuddin

Enfinit spewing craziness

how many wins to get the BR?

watching Kovic/T2 getting 3k per match on average

SR-1 is 750 points. I can easily see you getting to like level 3 on your first good game

Sr-18 to 19 is only 9K

thats a very lenient requirement for someone "that far" into the progression

From the Bravo vid you can see when custom loadout shit is

Custom Loadouts: COST - LVL REQUIREMENT

Primary Weapon: Default
  • Assault Rifle:
  • Battle Rifle: 1 SP - Level 2
  • DMR: 1 SP - Level 2
  • Storm Rifle: 2 SP - Level 5
  • Carbine: 2 SP - Level 5
  • Suppressor: 2 SP - Level 22
  • Lightrifle: 2 SP - Level 22
Secondary Weapon:
  • Magnum:
  • Plasma Pistol: 2 SP - Level 8
  • Boltshot: 2 SP - Level 18
Grenade Type:
  • Frag Grenade:
  • Plasma Grenade: 2 SP - Level 8
  • Pulse Grenade: 2 SP - Level 18
Armor Ability: Level 3
  • None
  • Promethean Vision: 2 SP
  • Thruster Pack: 2 SP
  • Hologram: 3 SP
  • Jetpack: 3 SP
  • Hardlight Shield: 3 SP
  • Active Camo: 3 SP
  • Autosentry: 3 SP
  • Regen Field: 3 SP - Level 16
Tactical Package: Level 7
  • None
  • Mobility: 1 SP
  • Shielding: 1 SP
  • Resupply: 1 SP
  • AA Efficiency: 1 SP
  • Grenadier: 1 SP
  • Firepower: 1 SP
  • Fast Track: *
  • Requisition: *
  • Wheelman: *
Support Upgrade: Level 12
  • None
  • Ammo: 1 SP
  • Dexterity: 1 SP
  • Sensor: 1 SP
  • Awareness: 1 SP
  • Explosive: 1 SP
  • Ordnance Priority: 1 SP
  • Stability: *
  • Gunner: *
  • Drop Recon: *
  • Nemesis: *
  • Stealth: *

* Unlocked via Specializations

I dont know the level at which the mods are individually unlocked, Ive seen it a ton but never felt like recording that info, I think Deflat has some of that down in his spreadsheet

Beckx

Do we know anything about helmet unlocks (other than Mk VI and the specialization ones)? How many hours I gotta put into this thing before I unlock Oceanic?

Roche

Holy shit just won a Halo 4 "biggest fan" contest for Ireland, I'm invited to the launch and I get a Limited Edition copy of Halo 4 among other goodies. I just thought I'd post here to thank
Hydranockz for posting about the contest I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Thanks bro!

Edit: didn't realize this thread was due for closure, I'll post in the new one.

Man, I'm in the airport right now waiting for a flight from Albany to Detroit for Youmacon. I'm going to be away from HaloGAF up until the last moments when the game is released.

I love you guys. Stay safe, keep it clean, and wake me when you need me.

Holy shit just won a Halo 4 "biggest fan" contest for Ireland, I'm invited to the launch and I get a Limited Edition copy of Halo 4 among other goodies. I just thought I'd post here to thank
Hydranockz for posting about the contest I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Thanks bro!

Edit: didn't realize this thread was due for closure, I'll post in the new one.

Never have I been so happy and jealous in one moment :p Have a fantastic time at the party. Are you in Dublin yourself or are you travelling?

Why should the thread be closed?

This is why:
Halo 4 SportsNation is on ESPN2 now.

He posted this in the Halo 4 OT and this thread. The Halo discussion right now is too unfocused with two threads going on. I don't understand why this thread needs to remain open in the short term when 95% of the discussion for the next month or so will be about Halo 4. If there's any other discussion about any of the other Halo games, it'll likely be related to Halo 4 in some way.

There's nothing you can discuss here that you couldn't talk about in the Halo 4 OT.

I can get the game tomorrow from a store. Are they still banning people for playing it early? Or is it late enough now I can just play? I will wait till Tuesday if they are banning people!

neoism

But that means we gotta associate with gaming side

Ewwwww

this ......the regulars here are better....
I can get the game tomorrow from a store. Are they still banning people for playing it early? Or is it late enough now I can just play? I will wait till Tuesday if they are banning people!

not sure if you have to pm frankie your receipts or anythang but he said you'd be fine it you bought it with moeny..:p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why should the thread be closed?

This is why:

He posted this in the Halo 4 OT and this thread. The Halo discussion right now is too unfocused with two threads going on. I don't understand why this thread needs to remain open in the short term when 95% of the discussion for the next month or so will be about Halo 4. If there's any other discussion about any of the other Halo games, it'll likely be related to Halo 4 in some way.

There's nothing you can discuss here that you couldn't talk about in the Halo 4 OT.

My bad, I was just informing the Halo community as well as the Halo 4 people as it relates to Halo 4, and the extended community of Halo.

If we close this, is book discussion, Halo 1-3 discussion, etc. to go in the other thread?

I'm staying in this thread. I like the community aspect whereas the OT is full of drive-by trolls and spoilers.

Also this.

willow ve

can we close this thread?

I like this community.

no this thread is better than the other one... gaming side sucks

I'm not going into the Halo 4 OT until I've played through the campaign.

Why would we close this thread? The Halo 4 OT is just for Halo 4, this thread is for everything Halo.

This thread is never getting closed. There will be like 2 Halo 4 OT's before it all just becomes this.

This is Halogaf, the other thread if Halo 4 OT.

They're a bit different, it shouldn't be closed.

This is a general Halo and Halo community thread, so this should stay open.

I'm staying in this thread. I like the community aspect whereas the OT is full of drive-by trolls and spoilers.

Ken

I don't think there will be any harm done if you talk about that in the Halo 4 OT.

Discussing a different Halo game in the Halo 4 OT doesn't sound like a very good idea.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43852846&postcount=1988

Pop

Frankie posted just recently today saying you could go online with a legit copy now. GO for it!

Edit: Beaten

If we close this, is book discussion, Halo 1-3 discussion, etc. to go in the other thread?
I don't see why not. Not that what I say dictates what goes on around here, but here's how I had imagined it:
1. Continue with Halo OTs until Halo 4 OT
2. Halo 4 OT gets made, we all move there.
3. Continue with Halo 4 OTs until we all feel it's appropriate to go back to Halo OTs.
Lesser target for would be spoilers. Why strike here when the other thread allows you to go out in a blaze of glory?
That's a temporary reason at best.

So once Halo 4 hits shouldn't this thread be closed though? Kinda weird splitting it between the two of em. I do understand the spoiler concern though.

ElRenoRaven

I don't see why not. Not that what I say dictates what goes on around here, but here's how I had imagined it:
1. Continue with Halo OTs until Halo 4 OT
2. Halo 4 OT gets made, we all move there.
3. Continue with Halo 4 OTs until we all feel it's appropriate to go back to Halo OTs.

That's a temporary reason at best.

There should be no problem with both. Many other franchises have a thread for the franchise and one for each new game. In this one people talk about everything Halo. The other people talk just about Halo 4. So both can co-exist easily.

Hey Halo 2 Campaign fans.

CVG's statement in regards to Halo 4's Campaign. I nearly shed a tear.
So, deep breath... Halo 4 is to Halo 3 what Halo 2 was to Halo 1.

I know they use it as a negative, but to me, that is a HUGE postive. Halo 2 fo lyfe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom